Could the Wii be capable of having good graphics?

I said it before and i'll say it again.....we're just gonna have to wait. I mean it's not like Nintendo even really listen to our views really, especially now seeing as they're making so much money, they probably won't care at the moment.

Projection said:
I mean it's not like Nintendo even really listen to our views really, especially now seeing as they're making so much money, they probably won't care at the moment.

Of course they 'care' - they care deeply about your $'s - fair enough?!

Without mass market appeal they can't satisfy the stockholders and end up in deep doo-doo. It's cat and mouse and we're the mouse...do do dooooo :prrr:
What do you ultimately think the physcology behind the "Everybody Votes" channel is - they are collecting "views / preferences" **cough cough** [data] on all Nintendo users who participate, the demographic of each territory - it is ostensibly a marketing tool for them to tailor Nintendo products to the mass market!!

Nintendo ARE listening - just surreptitiously... Cheezus, they make Google look transparent in their data collection techniques :lol:

Wait until "Rate My Mii" comes out - another chance to collect preferential data for analysis into what works for the aesthetics for characters - free research data sent to their inbox.

Dude - It's social engineering man, they got us jumping through hoops man :shocked:
:shifty:

I've decided to delete the Everyone votes channel to save space since.

Its pretty fukced that I have a 2gb SD card that I can't use for save spots in games or virtual console downloads.

ciper said:
Not impressive if you think about whats happening. Its essentially a giant picture for a background, a big simple polygon that you walk on and 4 animated characters on screen. Very little processing compared to a real game.

Edit: Can someone give me a link to a high quality screenshot of SSBB? No mockups please
Put Smsh bros on a 360 or PS3 and see how good it looks then. With small stages like those, they would have that game out in no time, looking better while playing the same.

RE4 looked good but it was also small areas, really small.

GamerCon said:
Put Smsh bros on a 360 or PS3 and see how good it looks then. With small stages like those, they would have that game out in no time, looking better while playing the same.

RE4 looked good but it was also small areas, really small.

We are not talking about the Ps3/360 thanks.. Stay in your Ps3 Section. :p Noone cares of your fanboy comments, so just stick in the Ps3 section where all fanboys gather.

Of course you could get bigger arenas in SSBB, but it would not be SSBB if that was so. Noone cares if the game could have better graphics on the Ps3/360. Gameplay is what makes SSBB the power it is.

Last edited:
All im sayin is, graphics dont matter yet people are hyped about how good SSBB looks. It does look good but im thinking it may have been able to do some of that on GC. Seeing how Zelda TP was on GC first, SSBM could have looked better as well.

Concerning Zelda graphics: If you have a nice T.V........ GET COMPONENT CABLES!!!!!! They really make a difference in the game. The texture detail becomes incredible. Looking at that game and knowing that improvements are coming in the next year with developers really tapping into the potential of the system makes me pretty excited about what's to come.

I really don't think the Wii's graphics are all that great, but that's probably because I'm always looking at my PS3 on my HDTV. I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have the capability of having good graphics, but compared to a PS3/360, they're nothing. If you're looking at a Wii compared to a PS2, GC, or Xbox then you could say that there would be good graphical improvements.

Phatern said:
I really don't think the Wii's graphics are all that great, but that's probably because I'm always looking at my PS3 on my HDTV. I'm not saying the Wii doesn't have the capability of having good graphics, but compared to a PS3/360, they're nothing. If you're looking at a Wii compared to a PS2, GC, or Xbox then you could say that there would be good graphical improvements.
that must be the..lets see..four hundreth time ive heard that.

Phatern said:

Hmmm - if you look back at the original Reggie PR statements - Nintendo have spoke loud and clear that to compare Wii to PS3/XB360 is pointless, regardless of the graphics of any game - Wii just isn't geared up for it.

They have reiterated this time and again. So to actually make the statement you did - it's a bad analogy to compare even to the PS2 or Xbox - we all know Wii should surpass them but at the moment, not so much in the current crop of games anywho.

I think that if you want graphics, MM functionality and kick ass movies - PS3 is the girl to sleep with - if you want kick ass titles, online etc.. sling it with XBox 360

If you want gameplay and a kick arse control system with a pleasing to the pocket first date - stick your hand up the skirt of Nintendo and get a surprise!!

There is certainly room for all in the market - I do hope Wii games do get better - controls and graphics.

Back