Whats the Wii capable of graphics wise?

MasterVampire

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2006
Ill admit, i like really nice graphics, hense the reason i bought a xbox360

Now im interested in the wii, ive played it at a friends house, i liked all the menus and the controller, and wii sports was really fun and all but im still not sure

down the track what do u reckon the Wii can produce, graphics wise?

Ive seen screenshots of Redsteel and some of those graphics look alright, same with that upcomming metroid prime game , but they still look kinda, bland

well Zelda with component cable is pretty decent, I have an Xbox 360 also hooked up with HD component cables.. now the Wii is no where near my Xbox @ 720p, the Wii @ 480p is a marked improvement over the composites 480i. Plus there are great games coming out for the Wii you just can't get anywhere else, like those with Nintendo licensed characters. Game makers are finding nice ways around the graphic limitations as well, cell shading like done in No More Heroes for instance is gonna be sweet, can't wait.

yeah i guess

i saw zelda on my friends Wii and i reckon it looked pretty bad, i know its a gamecube port but still

also farcry and splintercell and cod3, they all look pretty bad.....

are they any games coming out in the future that look pretty decent?
the only one i can think of is that metroid prime game

No More Heroes looks sweet, but its cell shaded so hard to compare graphics wise. Which is smart of the developers IMO.

yeah i guess

i saw zelda on my friends Wii and i reckon it looked pretty bad, i know its a gamecube port but still

Maybe your friends tv is crap or he/she had the the brightness/contrast/colour/sharpness settings wrong? Ever walk into a TV shop and all the TV's look the same? Ah, no.

And why are Xbox/PS owners 'all about the graphics'? I hope to God Sony and Microsoft realize oneday that it's not all about the graphics, and they end up releasing systems with average graphics and awesome gameplay (like Nintendo). Then what are you fanboys gonna play and whinge about?

well crappy TV is only part of it, I have a nice HD LCD TV and Zelda is kinda fuzzy in 480i. I have a component cable currently enroute from Nintendo. The comparison photos of 480p vs. 480i show quite an improvement though. If you have a TV capable of 480p or greater, you should definitely get the component cable, it will atleast make your Wii games look as good as they possibly can.

MasterVampire said:
yeah i guess

the wiis about gameplay not about graphics, i dont think the graphics look bad at all they are eye candy to me, just because a game isnt photo-realism doesnt make it bad, i mean heck i still get my gaming fix from diablo 2 and mario bros 3 etc etc, but if graphics is a major thing to you i suggest you stick to your multi-core photo realistic consoles, but if u want a right laugh when drunk with your mates or some of the best storylines in games ever then fork out the cash and join the wii-train! :D

p.s. i also own a 360, so... :p

i am happy enough playing wii sports on a normal SD TV with the normal composite cables. If i want graphic ill play on my PC. Each to their own tho!

Weird, I happened to think about LoZ "Wow even though I know this was made for the Gamecube these graphics are well good" I like the soft glows of the twilight realm, the character designs, blur motion and I'm playing on 480i, just composite cables. Personally those graphics are fine for me n.n;; I guess I just don't care that much about graphics, I don't actually own a Wii game (besides sports and play) so I can't comment on other graphics but as has been said No More Heroes looks totally awesome. 1:1 beam swordery, if they get it right, will be amazing.

MasterVampire said:
yeah i guess

He was probably playing it on 480i also.

Back