Countdown to the FULL Internet channel!

Ok, so a little back on topic - Has anyone had any problems using sites such as peekvid through the Wii Browser? Trying to determine whether its something to do with my connection/router or the browser itself

ins0 said:
Ok, so a little back on topic - Has anyone had any problems using sites such as peekvid through the Wii Browser? Trying to determine whether its something to do with my connection/router or the browser itself

It will probably be just the browser, as some videos may be flash 7 compatable and some may be flash 8 upwards compatable and therefore wont work.

wow do we need to pick through peoples post and make corrections?...

anyway i didnt read the whole thread but with the full release of the browser you think they will have a java plugin? the reason i asked is because i tried to remote into my work pc through a java based app and it wouldnt work due to no java.

JeremyGTS said:
wow do we need to pick through peoples post and make corrections?...

anyway i didnt read the whole thread but with the full release of the browser you think they will have a java plugin? the reason i asked is because i tried to remote into my work pc through a java based app and it wouldnt work due to no java.

This is all we know now about the full version:
  • Improved zooming and scrolling
  • An improved zoomed font
  • Shortened startup times
  • Quicker access to "favorites"
  • An ability to hide the toolbar
  • Buttons that will instantly type common preset letters, such as "www" or ".com"

Not as complete or in-depth as we'd like but i bet the finishing touches are going to be geared toward accomdating as many media pulgins as possible

yea it was suppose to be april 4th but guess not... Plus I rather get it a little late with no bugs then rushed out early with bugs =/

tical said:
Who cares, it will never be as good as a normal pc.

Well, obviously, the Wii is not a Personal Computer, it's a gaming console. Don't expect OSX or Vista software, were just discussing a web browser. Basically what I'm saying is that you can't compare a Wii to a PC or Mac.

A feature that i would like to see on the wii internet browser full version is to be able to have more then one internet pages up at once, The PS3 has this feature and it looks good to have more then one page open and to able able to switch between pages easily or have the pages side by side. Since the PS3
already has the sixaxis controller and 'home' maybe we might be able to see some features for the wii which look similar to a certain ps3 feature.

Cpt.McLoud said:
A feature that i would like to see on the wii internet browser full version is to be able to have more then one internet pages up at once, The PS3 has this feature and it looks good to have more then one page open and to able able to switch between pages easily or have the pages side by side. Since the PS3
already has the sixaxis controller and 'home' maybe we might be able to see some features for the wii which look similar to a certain ps3 feature.

Good idea but it will be hard to pull off with all the memory issues with the wii, will it be able to cope? And its called 'tabbed browsing'. This has been discussed on a 'the wiire' podcast. It would be cool if it did have it!

Personally never really liked the Internet Channel, was too tricky typing, and would be so much easier and quicker to just use a computer, was good for a good hour though - watching youtube and such.

lee.jarratt said:
Good idea but it will be hard to pull off with all the memory issues with the wii, will it be able to cope? And its called 'tabbed browsing'. This has been discussed on a 'the wiire' podcast. It would be cool if it did have it!

I got a few things to say;)

I never really liked the wiire for some reason so i dont really watch the podcasts but thanks for mentioning il have to check that out if you have a link.

Yeah the memory, Wii should of started off with more memory I wouldnt be bothered about 20GB I just want to have a little bit more then what it already has.

Other then the obvious one's have you heard anything about the upgrades to the browser well features not upgrades.

Back