Democrat or Republican?

Matt90 said:
Republican, war supporter. voting Romney 08. Don't care about the myth of global warming or the horrible ManBearPig that created and popularized it.

get over it.

Being in NH gives me the opportunity to see every politician 14 times, obama stands for nothing and hillary is a moron.

flame away.
Global warming is not a myth...

I could care less about global warming. Yeah most people don't support the war. Im up for a good a argument about this. By the way im not a tree hugger by any means just dont like this war and nam.

I'm a moderate republican which means (in my case) when it comes to my right to hunt and use my guns don't **** with me, but on other topics I can go either way, but pretty much I hate politics, and most likely won't vote b/c either way its not going to turn out how any of us in the US want. Honestly I could care less what people in other countries think of us, everybody has stereotypical views of people they don't have first hand experience with. Global warming can kiss my ass too, it isn't just the US contributing to this so called problem, so since that is a "worldwide" problem get off our backs and do something about it where you are.

Oh and to ojo they never said obama was a moron, they said hillary was, and that my friend is an opinion I wholly support. They said obama stands for nothing, which I personally don't have any knowledge of so I'll just leave it at that.

Oh I forgot to address the war, no I don't really support the reason we are there anymore, but I do support our troops and as long as they are there I hope they can make it out safely. Also everything you see on the "news" about the war is edited to aid the point of view of whoever finances that particular show. So consider the source when you watch your so called news.

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
I'm a moderate republican which means (in my case) when it comes to my right to hunt and use my guns don't **** with me, but on other topics I can go either way, but pretty much I hate politics, and most likely won't vote b/c either way its not going to turn out how any of us in the US want.
It's almost like an oxymoron only with a paragraph...

Honestly I could care less what people in other countries think of us,
That's just an excuse to not care about the rest of the world. And quite frankly, if everyone did that, then we really wouldn't get anywhere.

everybody has stereotypical views of people they don't have first hand experience with.
Except for Americans. They don't like being stereotyped as fat and stupid. Everyone else is fair game though, right? :wtf:

Global warming can kiss my ass too, it isn't just the US contributing to this so called problem, so since that is a "worldwide" problem get off our backs and do something about it where you are.
Look around you. There's plenty of countries that are. The US is one of the biggest producing Green House gasses (coupled with China). Besides, why should we do anything about Global Warming if the "most powerful country in the world" isn't bothering to reduce Global Warming, let alone try and reverse it?

Oh I forgot to address the war, no I don't really support the reason we are there anymore, but I do support our troops and as long as they are there I hope they can make it out safely.
It's funny how people cannot just simply say "I don't agree with the war" without throwing in a little patiotism. Who wouldn't want their troops to come back unharmed? I would have thought that was a given.

Also everything you see on the "news" about the war is edited to aid the point of view of whoever finances that particular show. So consider the source when you watch your so called news.
This is an interesting concept, especially when you get stuff not funded by a company. If your theory was comp[letely correct, then one of the only ones you could trust would be the BBC. They're funded by a TV license (in the UK at least), so in effect, people want the truth, and the BBC should theoretically give it to them...

...But in actual fact, you also have to take into account what the BBC thinks the public wants, and especially what the public will swallow without question.

Squall7 said:
It's almost like an oxymoron only with a paragraph...

That's just an excuse to not care about the rest of the world. And quite frankly, if everyone did that, then we really wouldn't get anywhere.

Except for Americans. They don't like being stereotyped as fat and stupid. Everyone else is fair game though, right? :wtf:

Look around you. There's plenty of countries that are. The US is one of the biggest producing Green House gasses (coupled with China). Besides, why should we do anything about Global Warming if the "most powerful country in the world" isn't bothering to reduce Global Warming, let alone try and reverse it?

It's funny how people cannot just simply say "I don't agree with the war" without throwing in a little patiotism. Who wouldn't want their troops to come back unharmed? I would have thought that was a given.

This is an interesting concept, especially when you get stuff not funded by a company. If your theory was comp[letely correct, then one of the only ones you could trust would be the BBC. They're funded by a TV license (in the UK at least), so in effect, people want the truth, and the BBC should theoretically give it to them...

...But in actual fact, you also have to take into account what the BBC thinks the public wants, and especially what the public will swallow without question.

Essentially I wasn't going to come back to this after I posted, but you know you can't ever just leave anyones opinion alone can you? I pretty much don't care what my country does, I am insignificant because I hold no authority (wealth) I just feel like once in a while I want to get some political crap out of my system no matter how jumbled or incoherent it may be. I honestly don't have any significance in the world for that matter either, so what about my opinions makes you feel like you need to criticize everything I say?

Oh and way to go on taking everything I said out of context :thumbsup: anyways you can think what you want of me, a redneck, gun-totin' American I really don't care. I'll stick by this, I could care less what anyone that doesn't know me thinks.

As a side note I said anymore when referring to whether or not I supported the war, which by implication means I did support it at some point. I feel like its time to pull out, but once again my opinion means nothing in this country.

"Except for Americans. They don't like being stereotyped as fat and stupid. Everyone else is fair game though, right? :wtf:"
WTF is right, did I say that? No I don't think so. If you want to me as being fat and stupid go for it, sure a good portion of the country is getting that way, but you go ahead and believe your people are so much better than us over here.

Oh and yes there is no "news" (though the term doesn't really apply to what is broadcasted anymore, at least here) that is unbiased, only way to really know is to experience it yourself. The "news" comment was directed at people in the US. As for the BBC I won't ever watch it so I'll have to take your word for it. "people want the truth, and the BBC should theoretically give it to them..." all news should theoretically give the truth to the people, but it won't ever happen because of outside influences.

Not sure on credibility, but I support this idea... http://mysite.verizon.net/mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Alright I'm done, and I'm sure you'll have more comments for me, so I'll be happy to argue with you some more. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
Essentially I wasn't going to come back to this after I posted, but you know you can't ever just leave anyones opinion alone can you?
I'm sorry. I must be under the "delusion" that this was an open forum, where people can say what they want. Silly me! /sarcasm

I pretty much don't care what my country does, I am insignificant because I hold no authority (wealth) I just feel like once in a while I want to get some political crap out of my system no matter how jumbled or incoherent it may be.
You don't care what your country does? Even if it has negative repercussions upon your country? And WTF, I once again must have been under the "delusion" that the US much like the UK lives in "a Decmocracy", you do know what democracy means right?

I honestly don't have any significance in the world for that matter either, so what about my opinions makes you feel like you need to criticize everything I say?
Because you live in the "most powerful country in the world" yet you seem to imply that you personally have no power and therefore have no desire to complain. You're in a very priviledged position, even as a civilian in America, especially in comparison to other people. I too am in a position of power, and I try and use that to make sure that my vioce is heard, because if we have no voice, what do we have?

Oh and way to go on taking everything I said out of context :thumbsup: anyways you can think what you want of me, a redneck, gun-totin' American I really don't care. I'll stick by this, I could care less what anyone that doesn't know me thinks.
In essence what you said before. It seems you wish to have the last word on the subject of "I don't care". Fact of the matter is that everyone cares how they are seen, some just say that for their own persona. Oh, and if you really didn't care, why would you reply?

As a side note I said anymore when referring to whether or not I supported the war, which by implication means I did support it at some point.
Indeed, until we found out we were either lied to or accidentally mislead (whichever makes us sleep at night). The problem comes when nobody is accountable from "our" side, yet we're ready to blame whoever gets in our line-of-fire on the other side, whether it by "countries that may harbour terrorists" (as if they've never heard of unwanted people in their country) or other means.

I feel like its time to pull out, but once again my opinion means nothing in this country.
You're opinion does mean something, don't confuse your opinion not effecting those in control with not worth it. In the end, the more US civilians that say they were against the war, the better recieved the US will be to other countries.

"Except for Americans. They don't like being stereotyped as fat and stupid. Everyone else is fair game though, right? :wtf:"
WTF is right, did I say that? No I don't think so. If you want to me as being fat and stupid go for it, sure a good portion of the country is getting that way, but you go ahead and believe your people are so much better than us over here.
Haha, you honestly believe that the rest of the world has that generalised point of view? Fact of the matter is, is thateveryone sees the US in terms that cannot be simply combined in one generalisation or stereotype. However, that doesn't stop representations from the US doing that same thing to other countries (for example, many shows have people from Great Britain as upper-class ponces that couldn't defend themselves because they haven't got their trusty stead and an army of beagles.

Oh and yes there is no "news" (though the term doesn't really apply to what is broadcasted anymore, at least here) that is unbiased, only way to really know is to experience it yourself. The "news" comment was directed at people in the US. As for the BBC I won't ever watch it so I'll have to take your word for it. "people want the truth, and the BBC should theoretically give it to them..." all news should theoretically give the truth to the people, but it won't ever happen because of outside influences.
Indeed, I was expanding your point rather than rebutting it completely there. Although I don't neccessarily agree that you have to experience the truth to really know what's going on. Experience is reliant on information coming freely to you, something that wouldn't happen even in real life. In essence, we're stuck with the edited information we regard as truth, and can not be completely convinced that anything is "truely" right.

Not sure on credibility, but I support this idea... http://mysite.verizon.net/mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Alright I'm done, and I'm sure you'll have more comments for me, so I'll be happy to argue with you some more. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to it! :smilewinkgrin:

Squall7 said:
I'm sorry. I must be under the "delusion" that this was an open forum, where people can say what they want. Silly me! /sarcasm

You don't care what your country does? Even if it has negative repercussions upon your country? And WTF, I once again must have been under the "delusion" that the US much like the UK lives in "a Decmocracy", you do know what democracy means right?

Because you live in the "most powerful country in the world" yet you seem to imply that you personally have no power and therefore have no desire to complain. You're in a very priviledged position, even as a civilian in America, especially in comparison to other people. I too am in a position of power, and I try and use that to make sure that my vioce is heard, because if we have no voice, what do we have?

In essence what you said before. It seems you wish to have the last word on the subject of "I don't care". Fact of the matter is that everyone cares how they are seen, some just say that for their own persona. Oh, and if you really didn't care, why would you reply?

Indeed, until we found out we were either lied to or accidentally mislead (whichever makes us sleep at night). The problem comes when nobody is accountable from "our" side, yet we're ready to blame whoever gets in our line-of-fire on the other side, whether it by "countries that may harbour terrorists" (as if they've never heard of unwanted people in their country) or other means.

You're opinion does mean something, don't confuse your opinion not effecting those in control with not worth it. In the end, the more US civilians that say they were against the war, the better recieved the US will be to other countries.

Haha, you honestly believe that the rest of the world has that generalised point of view? Fact of the matter is, is thateveryone sees the US in terms that cannot be simply combined in one generalisation or stereotype. However, that doesn't stop representations from the US doing that same thing to other countries (for example, many shows have people from Great Britain as upper-class ponces that couldn't defend themselves because they haven't got their trusty stead and an army of beagles.

Indeed, I was expanding your point rather than rebutting it completely there. Although I don't neccessarily agree that you have to experience the truth to really know what's going on. Experience is reliant on information coming freely to you, something that wouldn't happen even in real life. In essence, we're stuck with the edited information we regard as truth, and can not be completely convinced that anything is "truely" right.

Looking forward to it! :smilewinkgrin:

Alrighty looks like I have a lot to work with :smilewinkgrin:

Well as for your open forum comment, that it is, but why is it no one can say what they want without being criticized for it? I know I've done it as well, I'm just saying, as people will we ever just let things go that don't fit into our beliefs?

I really have no strong feelings on what my country does, I mean sure I want us out of Iraq, but the President has repeatedly swatted that idea aside. Also you say I should voice my opinions, but in reality I won't be heard, not where I live. My state has 35+ million people and is pretty much 65-80 % democrat, while most of my views are republican. I just don't feel like it means anything coming from the minority.

I reply because I want what I said to be understood as I intended it, not because I care what anybody thinks about me. Honestly if someone knew me and thought badly of me then ok I would care and I would want to know why and what I could do to change, essentially I mean the opinions of me that matter to me are those that I'm close to.

The war is a "touchy" subject depending on where you are here in the states, but being that I live near a naval base, marine base, and an air force base the views here are very patriotic. Originally when we went in I was in full support, when we were "in search of wmd's" and I'm not going to lie and say I'm not glad Saddam was found, but now that we didn't find the alleged wmd's we should pull out and let their country get back to mending itself. I don't like how parallel the movie Team America is to how we've handled things, but I'm not an activist type, so organizing or participating in marches or protests is not my thing.

As for our generalization of you guys, I can't really relate, because the only tv I watch are sports, and automotive shows. I'm sure you're right and we do make bad generalizations in our shows, but what country doesn't in some way or another, no one is guilt free when it comes to stereotypes.

Going back to the "news" I just have no respect for any news broadcasted on American soil, too many biased networks and overall worthless news on local happenings. So I just don't watch anymore unless something important.

As for that article did you glance at it at all? I just don't know if I accept any of this global warming stuff, I don't feel like doing research, but it does sound plausible I just think that its a bit of a stretch in some points.

Back