Detailed Wii Set-Up Tutorial

Link_of_Hyrule said:
It realy depends on your tv if you have a Big HDTV then you might want to consider it. It will probly improve the quality some what but because it doesn't even realy support hd then i don't know how much good it would do

Personaly I haven't had much experience with HDTV you could always return the cables or sell them on ebay if they don't do anything.
Heh, yeah. Prolly not gonna bother with buying them. Now, you might be able to help me with a different kind of problem, if you don't mind. xP
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/3267-mmkay-i-need-help-again-dx.html

I my self am waiting for the online pre-ordering so that on the 20th all my stuff will come to my house shipped in a nice little box and theres no waiting in line or anything just makes sure that you pre-order online imediately when it goes up and i think you should be fine also if you pre-order games such as red steel you will actualy recieve them a couple days before your console if you do separate orders like i am my red steel game will be at my house on the 15th of november and i will get the rest of my stuff on the 20th

Link_of_Hyrule said:
I my self am waiting for the online pre-ordering so that on the 20th all my stuff will come to my house shipped in a nice little box and theres no waiting in line or anything just makes sure that you pre-order online imediately when it goes up and i think you should be fine also if you pre-order games such as red steel you will actualy recieve them a couple days before your console if you do separate orders like i am my red steel game will be at my house on the 15th of november and i will get the rest of my stuff on the 20th
Ah, okay. Thanks, bud. ^.^;

ok if someone could explain this it would be great.

i dont have a wireless router so how do i set it up?

The wireless router is only one of the options for online features that wii has you can also obtain one of 2 adapters eather the USB Ethernet adapter to plug into a none wireless hub or the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector. You only need this to use online features it is not required to play games on your wii.

so you plug an ethernet cable into the usb ethernet adapter then plug the adapter's usb into the computer?

if i am correct tell me, how much are these two items (i would probably need a 10-20' cable)

its about $25 for the Ethernet adapter you plug it into the Wii's USB 2.0 port not a computer. You plug the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector Wireless adapter into a computer they are 2 different adapter.

You dont need a computer to use the ethernet adapter you do to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector.

For ethernet cable it realy depends on the size and where you get it along with wether your making it your self or getting a pre-made cable you can get it for very cheap if you get raw cable and make it your self.

can you refraise that lol do you mean that a ethernet cable comes with the adapter or what?

i don't even know why people would want to use wired i mean wireless is just so much easier to set up no wires going all around your house lol

Link,

Do you know how long the cable for the sensor bar is?

I'm planning on hooking this up to my overhead projector with the console behind me and was wondering if there's going to be enough cabling to allow the sensor bar to wrap around to the front of the room.

Also, do you know why we have such horrible weather all the time?

Last edited:
Do you know how long the cable for the sensor bar is?

It's 10 Feet, think it was IGN that said that

----------

A question:

I'm not sure about this so that's why i'm asking: What cable does the Wii come with? Is it the Red+White+Yellow or Red+White+S-Video? Or is it all 4?

Thanks COLD.

Looks like a guy over at IGN mailbag who was anticipating the same problems as I am contacted Pelican, who said they will be releasing a sensor bar extension cable soon after (if not on) launch.

Back