Do you believe in Aliens/UFOs

Wasn't alien life already discovered in our solar system? Was on one of Jupiter/Saturn's moons where bacterial life was found, right Kyle?
Nope. It would probably have been the news of the decade if they had. It's speculated that a few of their moons might have micro-organisms- especially Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, because it has an ocean under its ice surface- but we won't know until a probe is landed and samples are taken.

Yeah Napalm, that makes sense about the Rare Earth hypothesis you brought up. I figured you'd already have heard of the book considering how much of a science wiz you are. Lmfao, would've been cool to have taught you something though :lol:

Nope. It would probably have been the news of the decade if they had. It's speculated that a few of their moons might have micro-organisms- especially Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, because it has an ocean under its ice surface- but we won't know until a probe is landed and samples are taken.

Ocean under its ice surface? Wow that's crazy.

I love thinking about all this stuff though, I get this weird feeling when I think about how we got here and whats out there. All that sort of stuff ya know, it sure is fun thinking about it all though and reading stuff.

Wasn't alien life already discovered in our solar system? Was on one of Jupiter/Saturn's moons where bacterial life was found, right Kyle?
I think I remember hearing something long ago about one of Saturns' moons having plant life.

If you mean human, yes their are. But no "aliens'.

Sigh.

Human is a type of mammal which is native to our planet.
By aliens, he doesn't necessarily mean green things with big heads.
Have you ever heard anyone describe anything as alien before?
It just means something which is foreign/not natural.
So in this case, it is appropriate to call them aliens.

Last edited:
Alien is simply another word for foreign. You think Alien means unknown mutants because it's commonly associated with only foreign lifeforms of outer space.

Chances are you might have heard the term Alien used for illegal immigrants, or people not of this country.

Ocean under its ice surface? Wow that's crazy.
If you think that's crazy, you should check out Io (another moon of Jupiter), which is covered in active volcanoes.

I think I remember hearing something long ago about one of Saturns' moons having plant life.
They were probably speculating about life on Saturn's largest moon, Titan. It has a really thick atmosphere (which could theoretically keep it a bit warm), so no one knew back then what was beneath it. They landed a probe a few years ago, but didn't find any life.

i thought by aliens they mean mutants from a different planet
As already said, "alien" just means foreign.

If there is life on other planets, you should expect "mutants" (not 50 foot spiders or any B-movie rubbish, they wouldn't be able to support their own weight) since it's incredibly unlikely humans would independently evolve on another planet.

If there is life on other planets, you should expect "mutants" (not 50 foot spiders or any B-movie rubbish, they wouldn't be able to support their own weight) since it's incredibly unlikely humans would independently evolve on another planet.

Agreed, with the help of asteroid collisions, ice ages, etc. altering evolution and other things. I would expect to possibly find other complex lifeforms in this universe (where appropriate), but not other humans.

What about a single celled organism as big as a human!?...Nah, obviously not possible.

But...Napalm, you say that Io has active volcanoes...could this mean that there is water vapour there too? Like in the early stages of the earth becoming what it is?

But...Napalm, you say that Io has active volcanoes...could this mean that there is water vapour there too? Like in the early stages of the earth becoming what it is?
It's unlikely there's any water vapour to speak of on Io. It doesn't have an atmosphere and it's practically devoid of water.

It's worth mentioning that the volcanoes on Io are not due to plate tectonics like on Earth, but because it undergoes "tidal heating" due to its close, eccentric orbit around Jupiter.

Ahhh, k. Sorry

So...It gets a mouthful of gas! BADUM CH!

And isn't there some probability formula that can be used to determin the number of planets that actually have life on them? Only problem is we need another planet with life on it for it to work? Or am I just fed a lot of crap from some guy from a uni?

And isn't there some probability formula that can be used to determin the number of planets that actually have life on them? Only problem is we need another planet with life on it for it to work? Or am I just fed a lot of crap from some guy from a uni?
That would be the Drake equation. As any good statistician will tell you, it's the more samples you have, the more accurate your results are. We'd need to sample many planets with and without life on them to come up with some decent numbers for the variables. With current technology it's much harder to find potentially inhabitable worlds than gas giants, so at present it's impossible to figure out the different variables. Also, some people (such as myself) think the equation is wrong anyway.

Back