Do you want Scotland to be independent

If the Scotts want to do it, then fine - but I doubt their economy will be as stable.

Not really bothered to be honest.

Sigh, this got out of hand from the moment you began calling me a "racist" when in fact I was just making political statements, respectively.

Nevertheless I really cba with this, i'd much rather have an intelligent conversation/debate about this in person, rather than speaking to someone on the internet that constantly repeats "your an ingorant racist coward" etc. it's really not worth it and boring I might add. The comments I made at first were not intended to insult you the way that they did, in fact it was just some light-hearted humour :scared: .

Oh, and before you start posting "lol, i win cuz he cba to post"..

Fighting on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win.. your still a retard.

Im done, gonna go play Zelda.

I want the USA to take over the world so we dont have to have these discussions. No just kidding, though I think the world would be a better place with less countries to be honest. A couple big ones with democracy in mind would be far more logical and efficiant.

SO in answer to your question, no I do not think scottland should be a seperate country. What would it serve? If change is needed its with the UK. Seperation isnt the answer.

It's the Scot's country and if they want independence then I say good on them. As already mentioned, Scotland has never been treated as an equal in the UK (ditto Wales and Northern Ireland), since Westminster is totally ignorant of anything beyond south east England. Perhaps they would be better off being independent again.

Well since it seems I had a hand in starting this, I'll add some more.

Cammy - I'd re-read what you've said. You sound like an utter idiot.

I'd also like to add nothing that has been said so far is racist. Thats taking it way too far. Even the comment over "english forking out for the scots" is NOT racist. He's not saying he dislikes all scots because they're inferior, he's saying he dislikes contributing to your national parliament. A view i disagree with but nonetheless not a racist one.

Funky you made a lot of good points. The Scottish do indeed have a rich culture and I do believe there is a strong sense of national identity. Not to Britain. But to Scotland. In the same way I consider myself firstly English, then British and finally European in the smallest of senses. I'm as proud of England as I'm sure you are of Scotland. That's just natural. Both nations have much to be proud of and whilst our cultures are intertwined they are also starkly seperate in many respects.

What I would question is, firstly, I'm not so sure a majority of Scots want independence. I know the SNP did extremely well in the May election but, to an extent, they've have toned down their policy for Scotland to go it alone. And they also very narrowly won, I believe it was 2/3 seats? So Labour still have a strong following.

Secondly I'm not so sure it would benefit Scotland. England is the main source of the big wealth. Yes, this doesn't always get down to the people. But it does add to the strength of the nation as a whole. And it does helped with employment etc. I think, in the long term, Scotland will suffer economically as an independent nation.

Also, don't you rather like the unity of this little island? Perhaps the relation is not equal. Though England is bigger, perhaps this is just a reflection of that fact. I do passionately believe that, at the end of the day, we have more in common than what separates us.

Last edited:
m0nsta said:
Well firstly being racist does not neccersarily mean disliking everyone but your own background... A couple of the comments you made are blatently attacking the English for example:

So these people who wanted peace with the Enlgish are considered traitors, ok.

And for the rest of your comments it is all about the benefits of Scotland being independant for Scotland, and don't get me wrong I agree e.g. Oil and Economics, as they are valid points.

However I just feel that what I said was in retaliation to your provocation (attacking the English), and you call me ignorant and arrogant for that.

2 words....**** OFF

Much as the current political setup annoys and frustrates me, with MP's from NI,Wales and Scotland voting on issues that will only affect the English, I think that devolution is a very bad idea.

Why?

Because 4 parliaments means 4 groups of politicians who need to feed from the trough of public money...

Because if the EU gets its way we will all be part of a European Superstate within 20 years which will render the whole exercise as pointless...

Because for every Scot who thinks they get a bad deal there is one English person who believes the same thing, but we can't all be getting a bad deal out of the union,can we?

Because of the old adage - 'divide and conquer' - as a group of small nations we are weaker than as one combined nation...

There are some strong feelings generated by this issue. I think that some of those feelings are stimulated by those who have the most to gain from the devolution process i.e. politicians.

Just to rub salt into the wounds.

England MP's are not allowed to vote on Scottish matters in the Scottish parliment, yet Scotts are allowed to vote in London on English matters.

Hence why England has top up fees and Scotland doesn't - Seems bloody unfair.

Devolution is just a total waste of money - Wales / Ireland / England / Scotland has such synergy together, why incur costs separately.

If the split is to happen, it should be paid for soley by the Scottish Tax Payer. I pay enough tax putting lazy children through school. EMA! ****ing EMA - you lazy shits! Why the hell should I pay for something you should be doing anyway?!?!?

Dumb Government, "Let's reward children for doing something they should be doing". We are creating a generation of lazy people, who will only do things for money.

-Rant

Haz said:
Just to rub salt into the wounds.

England MP's are not allowed to vote on Scottish matters in the Scottish parliment, yet Scotts are allowed to vote in London on English matters.

Hence why England has top up fees and Scotland doesn't - Seems bloody unfair.

Devolution is just a total waste of money - Wales / Ireland / England / Scotland has such synergy together, why incur costs separately.

If the split is to happen, it should be paid for soley by the Scottish Tax Payer. I pay enough tax putting lazy children through school. EMA! ****ing EMA - you lazy shits! Why the hell should I pay for something you should be doing anyway?!?!?

Dumb Government, "Let's reward children for doing something they should be doing". We are creating a generation of lazy people, who will only do things for money.

-Rant
I agree with what you say, yet next year I'm gonna be getting £30 a week through the EMA.. so I can't really comment. Though, my Dad's classed as disable so can't work anymore (not as bad as it sounds, yet prevents his old job from happening) and my Mum used to be a housewife, so can't get any decent well paying job.. so works in a Charity shop every week, while my Dad now gets a pension, so, it's not like we're rolling in it but still. Though I do agree with your rant completly.

california is the size of a small country, we dont need the united states, lets seperate because we have too much pride. ... See.. thats kind of what this whole thing is about. (not the usa obviously) but it comes down to pride.

Pride before the fall. Nothing good would come from seperation. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Its like mexicans in the US, they carry around their flags, show off their pride, but asked if they want to go back go mexico they dont. Doesnt make sense. If you love it so much, why are you here. So if you guys love your countries so much, why dont you do whats best for your country rather than whats worse for it. Just my opinion is all.

Its totally different shift
Dont concern youre self with it.

Back