Euro/UK Order Confirmations and Denials

I have pre-ordered from currys, i got one letter the other day saying that they are trying their best and working with nintendo to get me one before christmas. then another letter came 2 days later saying i probably wont get one for christmas but they are still working hard. whatever . Does anyone think i will get one?

Gah this cant get any worse not only was my apparently successful launch day pre-order not successful, gameplay have now decided that my card details are incorrect too. Shame it took them a full 3 days to tell me this even whilst I e-mailed them to check what was going on with my order between then and now. So now from the front of the queue Im at the back. **** the wii and **** gameplay.

i pre-ordered my Wii and Wii Play, i collected the Wii on launch day. but when i went to collect Wii play this morning, the man told me they didn't have it. he said i should keep trying each day, so i politely told him to F##K himself and fetch the manager. within about 20 seconds, they managed to find it for me. so i dont know if you'd class that as a successful pre-order or not !!!:shocked:

Anyone else here from the UK and got a preorder i with gamestation? I unfortunately was not one of the lucky ones who was allocated one of the first batch of stock. Apparently im down for their 2nd batch, which i was told should be by mid this week. I pre ordered on 6th November, in-store. Ive been told by the store that their shipment is waiting to come over from france (strikes at the docks or something) but head office say the shipments have been made and they are working down their preorders list now. Hope it comes soon as im going away on thursday so thats why im worried. Anyone heard anything?

Hey scor I ordered mine from Gamestation in Birmingham, I was also told mine would be in the second batch, They had their second batch delivered here in brum on the day after launch, I went to the smaller branch (2 in brum) i was number 30 i think but they had 50 in the first 2 days and they seem very confident they will fill all 110 pre-orders before xmas. Originally they told me mine would be wednesday this week so they ARE having a further delivery this week. I would imagine this delivery goes for all Gamestation stores. Check your e-mails as I was contacted by e-mail with a unique code number in case of problems.

Last edited:
i dont know what number i am, near the top of batch 2 im pretty sure. is it first come first served for all preorders when batches come in? or do they only sel to those who are within their allocated ammount ie they have 20 come in so they sell to people numbers 30-50

scor81 said:
^^ great, but.. wrong thread

ive been posting in this thread since last week, i was stating it for the people that have been helpful to me about amazon problems, didnt mean to rub it in if thats how u took it...

spoke to gamestation headoffice. im number 12000 on the preorder list, and apparntly they are less than 1000 away from that number now... ill call the store again at 5 30

i think there must be somewhere in the region of 50000 pre orders with gamestation, nationally

Hey guys, anyone here preorderd with gameplay.co.uk and have any idea when they are due to receive their wii or already have. Im starting to get impatient.

gameplay? no idea. but gamestation said that all stores are getting their 2nd allocation in between tomorrow and monday (latest) so id give their ops team a call and demand some answers

Back