Euro/UK Order Confirmations and Denials

Right Here is my final post in this thread but here is a summary of my experiences in getting my Wii(s) and Zelda.

Pre-orderd from Argos Direct in October.

Pre-Ordered from Amazon.co.uk. november 21st

Wednesday 6th December got auto call from Argos advising delivery on Friday 8th AM.

Chased my order around Amazon on 7th December....some minor panic after rumours of severe shortages. Dispatched early Afternoon.

5.30pm 7th Dec Argos Direct deliver Wii 6.5 hours before official launch.

8am 8th Dec Amazon Wii arrives

1pm " " Amazon delivers Zelda.

Order complete.

1.15 get Turkey at Wii Bowling!!!!!!!!

I am in the far north of Scotland so I have no idea what the trouble is elsewhere.

Good luck in obtaining your consoles/games. See you in the gaming forums soon ...

ok amazon still hasnt sent my wii, i dont know wtf is going on its said dispatching soon sinc yesterday evening and now i cant get hold of any customer services...im sure they caught on that i was gonna cancel and get elsewhere so they've made my order uncancelable...bastards.

TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
OK SCRATCH WHATEVER I SAID BEFORE!
I GOT MY WII!!!

The Story:
As you are all aware, I rang Colchester Gamestation on Thursday evening asking whether I would be getting my Wii on launch day. I pre-ordered on 4th November, and got an email saying I would definately get it on Christmas. So I called them, but they said that my Wii wasn't in for launch. So I was pretty sad yesterday evening.
But, today in Physics, Gamestation rang me! Luckily my phone was on silent :p and they left a message, saying my Wii was in for collection, less than a day after they said I wouldn't have it for launch :S. Sooooooo I went to pick it up this evening. And it's awesome!
Plus, bonus news, the staff at Gamestation told be to be on the lookout, because apparantly there was a man loitering around who was following people who had bought Wiis to their cars! Aparantly, this had happened several times. Luckily I managed to make it to the car without being mugged :D
So there you have it. I'm now very happy.
Wii code and name to follow soon!

hey dude, can you tell me... when you checked your order off the game station website, did it say order status-incomplete. Thats wheat mine says, im not sure what it means, and plus i never got a confirmation e-mail????? or any e-mail, im sure i did the order right because it let me pay, and i checked i gave the right e-mail adress and i have
help? lol

i got a confirmation on 7th from pcworld, a dispatch later on that day, and nothing today. so i tracked my order and this is what i got.

Status Date Time Signatory Branch

Out for delivery 08/12/06 12:43 ABERDEEN HOME DELIVERY

Released to other delivery agent 08/12/06 12:42 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 08/12/06 12:02 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE

Departed Depot 07/12/06 19:57 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Arrived At Depot 07/12/06 19:55 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Security check 07/12/06 MILTON KEYNES SERVICE CENTRE

Shipment Data Received 07/12/06 MILTON KEYNES SERVICE CENTRE

i live about 30 miles out of aberdeen and have been waiting fro delivery for about 8 hours. it had better come tommorow!!!

I Hate Woolworths

I ordered mine from woolworths about 2 weeks ago because game & gamestation stopped taking preorders the day before, Arrived there at 2pm today to collect (8/12/2006) but surprise surprise they didn't have my console (but they did have my zelda game which is just crawl without a console).
The manager told me that there currently in germany and should be here in a few days (monday most likely), I also spoke to another woolworths & was told the same thing (apparently it's been on the radio).
So at least i'm getting the same story from different people (makes me believe it more), Personally i'm abit annoyed but as long as i get mine by christmas i'll be happy.
So to all woolworths preorders, We will have our consoles soon, (fingers crossed) :mad2:

lol I'm a wollworths pre-order from less then a week ago and me and 46 others all got there pre-orders (yes there were a small number 5 or so that didnt get theres. i picked mine up at 8:45ish :D

novell said:
I ordered mine from woolworths about 2 weeks ago because game & gamestation stopped taking preorders the day before, Arrived there at 2pm today to collect (8/12/2006) but surprise surprise they didn't have my console (but they did have my zelda game which is just crawl without a console).
The manager told me that there currently in germany and should be here in a few days (monday most likely), I also spoke to another woolworths & was told the same thing (apparently it's been on the radio).
So at least i'm getting the same story from different people (makes me believe it more), Personally i'm abit annoyed but as long as i get mine by christmas i'll be happy.
So to all woolworths preorders, We will have our consoles soon, (fingers crossed) :mad2:

i had a nice little wii experience. After collage i walked into game and asked if i had to pre-order the games. they said we have all the games in stook. Went over and picked up a copy of wii play, but unfortunately they didnt have any nunchucks to go with my 2 remote. However they did have the classic controller so i decided to pick one up because i heard the are kind of hard to get. so i bought wii play and a classic controller.

On the way home i said to my parents now i have my stuff all i need is my console. and they said are you sure u dont actually have your console yet, which must of meant amazon delievered it on release without extra postage cost! took me by suprise!

Went home, opened it all up, works a dream. Play wii sports and some wii play. Excellent games, i love boxing! i dont understand why people think its the worst game. Anyway things are good at the moment, im just hoping my console dosnt flop when the ethernet cables are finally released.

Anyone know when HMV are getting more in stock? I preordered mine on Tuesday.

Sorry no i am waiting for mine from HMV & i ordered on 27th November,i rang yesterday & they couldnt give a date. luckily i already have one though after queing for 6 and a half hours at a tesco thursday night. the HMV one i am selling.

dan111 said:
hey dude, can you tell me... when you checked your order off the game station website, did it say order status-incomplete. Thats wheat mine says, im not sure what it means, and plus i never got a confirmation e-mail????? or any e-mail, im sure i did the order right because it let me pay, and i checked i gave the right e-mail adress and i have
help? lol

Hey man
I never did think to check the website :p. I just got an email on about 3rd December saying that my Wii would be in in time for Christmas. Obviously I wanted it on launch so I rang them up, and the rest is shown in the story etc. Did you pre-order online or in store? If in-store, ring the number given on the receipt and chase them up about it. There's not much else you can do really:frown2:
Sorry bro

I pre-ordered mine from Curry's in Kittybrewster, Aberdeen and recieved a similar letter as the one above that was recieved from PC World (Same parent company)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering your Nintendo Wii with us. As communicated at time of your pre-order and due to the unprecedented demand for the

console, along with a European shortage in stock, we are currently unable to deliver your order.

We are working closely with Nintendo to ensure we will fulfil your pre-order by 16th December

We are working on a first come, first serve basis and we will contact you again, once your Wii pre-order is available for dispatch.

Regards

Currys

I was the first person to pre-order my console from that branch of Currys, so hopefully I will be getting my Wii pretty sharpish as DSG have said that Pre-Orders will be fulfilled on a "Strict Chronological Order"

Fingers Crossed!!

Back