Evolution

im not going to argue. it doesn't matter what you think.
but the thing is that 70% of ALL wars start because of different beliefs.
This isn't about beliefs though, it's about the facts. And trust me when I say, evolution has the facts on its side.

Also, most wars really come down to land disputes rather tham beliefs.

Everyone here is ridiculously stupid. How do you manage to stay cool-headed, Napalm?

You've been quite angry as of late. Or more blunt at the least.

It's the people of WiiChat who've changed. Not me. They're more narrow-minded, stupider, and more stubborn. Long-winded posts no longer serve a purpose. Blunt. Is. Good.

this is my last comment on this thread. i want you to think of this.
One who believes in religon couldn't care less about beliefs in evolution
one who cares believes in evolution couldn't care less about beliefs in religon.
but no one truely knows which theory is correct.
so if 1 religon is correct, all those who believe in that religon will go to the places "Paradise"
and all the rest will go to that religons "inferno"
and if evolution is correct, we will spend an eternity in black darkness. period.

one who cares believes in evolution couldn't care less about beliefs in religon.
so if 1 religon is correct, all those who believe in that religon will go to the places "Paradise"
and if evolution is correct, we will spend an eternity in black darkness. period.
Wow, that is wrong on so many levels.

First off, evolution isn't just a 'belief', it's science. Science isn't about what you believe in, it's about collecting data and using theories to explain it. And evolution is a theory fits the data spectacularly.

Secondly, evolution and atheism are not synonymous. You can still be religious and accept it. Many religious people do, including a number of scientists (for example, Asa Gray was an early supporter of the theory and he was a Christian).

And lastly, evolution has nothing to do with any afterlife that may be in store. If most iatheists are correct, then you don't spend an eternity in blackness, instead your consciousness simply ceases to exist.

exactly what i meant on a black darkness.
and fyi you cant be religous and accept the theory of evolution. then you wouldn't be christian.
and lastly, can you go back in time and prove evolution?

exactly what i meant on a black darkness.
You seemed to imply you'd actually experience the total darkness.

]and fyi you cant be religous and accept the theory of evolution. then you wouldn't be christian.
You don't have to take the Bible completely literally to be a Christian.

and lastly, can you go back in time and prove evolution?
This one always makes me laugh. Try applying this logic to something else and you'll quickly see how ridiculous that argument is: How do you know George Washington ever existed? Can you go back in time and prove he was real?

Look, we don't need to go back in time to prove evolution. We can infer it happens based on fossils, genetics, anatomy, embryology, etc. In fact, we have actually observed it in action, at least on a small scale (for example, Richard Lenski's long term evolution experiment on E. coli bacteria, where one sample evolved the ability to utilise citrate).

Last edited:
Wow, that is wrong on so many levels.

First off, evolution isn't just a 'belief', it's science. Science isn't about what you believe in, it's about collecting data and using theories to explain it. And evolution is a theory fits the data spectacularly.

Secondly, evolution and atheism are not synonymous. You can still be religious and accept it. Many religious people do, including a number of scientists (for example, Asa Gray was an early supporter of the theory and he was a Christian).

And lastly, evolution has nothing to do with any afterlife that may be in store. If most iatheists are correct, then you don't spend an eternity in blackness, instead your consciousness simply ceases to exist.
I'll add on another reason. We CAN know that creationism is wrong because there is no evidence whatsoever to support it. There is absolutley no basis for accepting it. The complete lack of evidence or basis for such a theory is reason enough to know it's wrong.

You don't have the Bible completely literally to be a Christian.
I suppose this is true in practice, but it further proves the fruitlesness of it all and how religion is a totally subjective thing. If you don't take the bible literally, then what's the point of taking it at all (yeah, I know, careful what you wish for. That's all we need is more fundamentalilsts. But I digress). This picking and choosing which parts of the bible to believe and which to either not believe or take allegorically further shows that religion is nothing more than a malleable belief system which people use to fit their own cognitive state and achieve some kind of peace of mind that they couldn't have were they to not know what the answers to such questions are.

I suppose this is true in practice, but it further proves the fruitlesness of it all and how religion is a totally subjective thing. If you don't take the bible literally, then what's the point of taking it at all (yeah, I know, careful what you wish for. That's all we need is more fundamentalilsts. But I digress). This picking and choosing which parts of the bible to believe and which to either not believe or take allegorically further shows that religion is nothing more than a malleable belief system which people use to fit their own cognitive state and achieve some kind of peace of mind that they couldn't have were they to not know what the answers to such questions are.
You sound a bit like my little brother.

I can see where you're coming from, but personally I much prefer them picking and choosing which bits to follow rather than following it completely- like you said, the last thing we need now is more fundamentalists.

This picking and choosing which parts of the bible to believe and which to either not believe or take allegorically further shows that religion is nothing more than a malleable belief system which people use to fit their own cognitive state and achieve some kind of peace of mind that they couldn't have were they to not know what the answers to such questions are.

Yes, I am in agreement with you here, I believe that both the Bible and the Torah have been corrupted beyond belief, and that it has become so malleable to fit peoples' needs and agendas and especially to "feel good".

Not all people of religion fit this exact criteria, however.

Also, it is true that many wars were started by fights for land, power, and girls, and that religion was the greatest tool of motivation and propaganda--and the people who provoked wars knew this. Religion was the fuel, the people are the car--and the drivers are the leaders who controlled what went on.

Most people in this thread are open-minded individuals, posting here shows me that they are people who think for themselves (for the most part) and that they are not afraid to portray what they believe to be correct. Napalmbrain is keeping his cool as am I, so the one kid who made the unnecessary comment doesn't even belong here.

I've been really busy lately I will reply back sometime next week when I have time, or at least try to squeeze some replies in. This wasn't my full response but I have no time right now, bear with me. :sick:

even if this is a bump, it makes me laugh going back here to read what i wrote in the past. I'm still a christian, but Ive become more smarter, respectful, and less ignorant than when i was 12... XD

evolution is ridiculous. why would someone believe we evolved from monkeys? or cavemen? we were created by God, having dominion over animals. so how could we have evolved from them if we have dominion over them?

Natural selection
The brave evolved and the ones that aren't didn't.
Theres proof that we evolved as theres a almost complete evolution time line

I'm probably the only one or of few here who read the origin of species. Evolution has already proven on the microorganism level over and over. Do you know why there is no cure for the common cold?

Last edited:
It evolves.
Its also handy to kill those invading aliens.

Back