Excellent Super Mario Galaxy article

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Here's a great write-up on SMG from next-gen.biz, definitely worth the read.

What’s surprising is how familiar it is, and yet how utterly fresh it still feels. Every previous game in the series seems to have been considered as a possible source for new material. It views and uses one of the most venerable histories in gaming as only a truly confident title can, and is something you want to prod and poke and simply play with. No one yet knows if Galaxy can maintain the momentum and range of its early showings, and avoid the repetition that marred Sunshine. No one yet knows if it will be able to thrive on the unavoidable comparisons to one of gaming’s landmark titles. They’re unfair, in a sense, because nothing can ever match up to that moment when you set your eyes on Mario 64; nothing ever could compare to that change in dimension. But Super Mario Galaxy has something of its own. It’s the sense of a universe of possibilities with everything you can imagine, and more that you can’t. It’s a sheer joy. It’s the sense of something you thought may have been lost to videogames returning. The feeling of wonder might, just might, be coming back.

Full article

*Cough*Plagiarism*cough*

I will give it a read now:)

If Mr.i0n recommends it, might just be worth the read:)

Cpt.McCloud said:
*Cough*Plagiarism*cough*

he cited his source. can't really be plagerism.

and this is a very informal site. he definitely butchered the proper way to cite sources, but again--it's an informal site.

I have to say SMG is fast becoming my most anticipated game of 2007, every article like this has been full of praise.

Back