Far Cry graphics suck

yeah I get ya now. I don't think it's a completely fair assumption to say that the company don't focus on good graphics, what about the other FarCry games? The PC versions looked great. Besides, the Prince of Persia series looked excellent too.

I'm not sure I entirely understand your basis for judging games as having "crap" graphics.

Ezekiel86 said:
yeah I get ya now. I don't think it's a completely fair assumption to say that the company don't focus on good graphics, what about the other FarCry games? The PC versions looked great. Besides, the Prince of Persia series looked excellent too.

I'm not sure I entirely understand your basis for judging games as having "crap" graphics.

The last PC far cry game's graphics were hindered by the clutter in far cry map backgrounds. And considering your PC can handle changing gpu's, naturally they can make games with better graphics a lot easier for the PC.

And to make my basis of judgement for graphics, I did the smart thing, and tried to use the same type of judgement the original poster was using. Since you know, my post was directed at him.

vagrant said:
I didn't say ubisoft had all crappy graphics. And I to am buying far cry. My point was that you shouldn't be expecting amazing graphics with any ubisoft game.

I don't think it's ubisoft you should be talking about. I think it's the Wii. Ubisoft are capable of creating games with graphics equal to any other gaming company, but the Wii is what limits their graphical capabilities. So yeah... think about it!

Ezekiel86 said:
I don't think it's ubisoft you should be talking about. I think it's the Wii. Ubisoft are capable of creating games with graphics equal to any other gaming company, but the Wii is what limits their graphical capabilities. So yeah... think about it!

Think about what? Graphics of there pc games? Don't compare pc game graphics to console game graphics. This is why I brought valve into the equation. Even ubisoft pc games don't compare to what valve did. And yes I have far cry, and yes I know people hyped it up trying to bs saying it had awesome graphics. But in reality, other than the water, it wasn't nearly as good as half life 2.

And so far the ubisoft releases for the Wii have been on the lower side of games graphics wise. So I don't know how you can make that argument. They can very much so make the graphics even for the wii games a lot better, they just do. And like I said, it's because they have multiple releases at all times to be dealing with.

Vagrant i knew excatly wat you meant
and Miiplaywii, i reckon your better off waiting to see the real thing then video.
For me (going off the in game pics) graphics are good enough, and as time goes on the graphics will improve on the Wii
934754_20061115_screen001.jpg

Wycky said:
Vagrant i knew excatly wat you meant
and Miiplaywii, i reckon your better off waiting to see the real thing then video.
For me (going off the in game pics) graphics are good enough, and as time goes on the graphics will improve on the Wii
images..._screen001.jpg

Ditto. My life doesn't suck to the point that I need to play video games to the point of near reality graphics wise. The gameplay is what gets me immersed into a game, not the graphics. Most games are so unrealistic to where no matter how good the graphics are, you would have to be a youngin to be completely drawn into the game by graphics alone.

Wow, I just got done reading the hands-on on IGN and watching some videos and may I say this game looks alittle better than an Nintendo 64 title. This is completely unacceptable no matter how amazing the controls are. I mean, there has got to be a point where you draw a line on a "next-gen" game graphically.

Agreed man. There has to be a limit to "gameplay over graphics". I mean... Gameplay's all important and all, but you still need things that look nice. I know the whole Wii campaign has been touting phrases like "gameplay over graphics", "a new way of playing" etc... I suppose, the good aspect of a console with mediocre graphics is that it should not be too expensive. Still, better graphics would be nice... I still remember playing Rogue Leader on the Gamecube for the first time... The graphics were a quantum-leap ahead of anything the N64 could have output, not only in polygon count, resolution, visual and sound effects, but it's frame rate ran higher and so much smoother than any predecessor.

It'd be nice to see this same trend on the Wii... but then again... We're still in early days, so it's going to be something we'll have to see in time.

Ezekiel86 said:
It'd be nice to see this same trend on the Wii... but then again... We're still in early days, so it's going to be something we'll have to see in time.

And that's why I am still hopefull for the Wii. My fear is that developers will get lazy knowing they can pawn off a new control scheme and completely slack on visuals... I hope they know there is a shitload of audio/videophiles wiating to see something that can even visually compete with the last-generation. And me even saying that is sad for a "next-gneration" console. Not to go into a different direction but come on Nintendo, I have been playing online games since Doom was released for the PC (2-way dial-up "online" play). Nintendo's new control scheme can only go so far before people start wanting more.

miiplaywii said:
Yes, I hate most Ubisoft games, and the graphics. I bought King Kong for gc and swore I'd never buy a Ubisoft game again. But with so many titles for Wii, I might have to.
Ubisoft makes some good games.

But yeah, this games graphics are crap so what, IGN also said it was a blast to play. but the physics, from what i've seen in the videos, look crap.

Who said 360 and PS3 were next generation? Most game developers feel that the Wii is the true next generation because its actually TRYING to change how we play games.

Just CPU and Graphics upgrade.

Plus stop judging on videos and screenshots.

xbandaidx said:
Who said 360 and PS3 were next generation? Most game developers feel that the Wii is the true next generation because its actually TRYING to change how we play games.

Just CPU and Graphics upgrade.

Plus stop judging on videos and screenshots.

Yes sir! Get over it, the Wii can't even produce last-generation graphics as of right now. No matter how you cut it... games look like crap on this thing and they aren't online... the only thing the Wii has going for it is the controls... but how far can that go if Nintendo doesn't start making an effort to move forward?

what? Nintendo didn't make this game. and what do you mean "move forward" Nintendo took a whole new direction with the Wii. How far can graphics go before they look completely real? Then what? games will just die. Not with Nintendo. Nintendo ftw.

MetroidZ said:
what? Nintendo didn't make this game. and what do you mean "move forward" Nintendo took a whole new direction with the Wii. How far can graphics go before they look completely real? Then what? games will just die. Not with Nintendo. Nintendo ftw.

Great argument. I just love Nintendo fanbitches. :sleep: You have fun shoving your Wiimote up your ass when you get bored of it while I play online with my other consoles.

Back