Are the wii's graphics so bad

teqguy said:
Panic, I hate to break it to you, but neither Microsoft, nor Sony have the resources to make a decent first party game... they rely solely on third party titles to make or break their systems.
Why does it matter that much? When considering a GOOD bunch of third parties game coming out for the 360 will ONLY be on the 360 (Gears of War, Mass effect, Halo Wars, etc)

teqguy said:
Nintendo just realized that in order to stay in the game, they're going to need that third piece of the puzzle: extensive online connectivity.

In one year, Wii24Connect will be to Nintendo what XBox Live was to Microsoft, except for a couple things:

1) Wii24Connect is free, whereas, Microsoft charges a premium of $49 a month for exclusive access.

2) Wii24Connect does not exclude casual gamers and older generations. If grandma decides she wants to give Mario Kart a go every so often, she doesn't have to worry about tracking her usage.
First of all, Nintendo never liked the idea of Online Playing. We all know they aim for Multiplayer with friends/family. Thats probably why theyre Online is lacking so much. Friend Code is a real joke! They are too scared that young players might be traumatized or w/e by older players.

Second, Wii24Connect is NOT the same thing as Xbox Live. Wii24Connect is only for downloading patches/updates and so what. The online on the Wii is Wi-Fi friendcode thing. Which is, as I said before, a total joke. Xbox Live is the best online experience you can have on consoles PERIOD The Online of the Wii will NEVER be that good simply because Nintendo is NOT aiming for it.

Finally, Why would grandma play Mario Kart Online? I mean, if any grandma is ever interested in Online for a Console, that mean theyll know a bit about it and I dont see why theyd prefer Nintendos Wi-Fi Friendcode thing over Xbox Live? Anyway.
Theres one thing on which youre right; the Wii is truly the best for the Casual gamers. But even then, thats not whats going to make Nintendo win this generation Console war.

some 3rd party companies seem as if they're not trying. GT is cell shaded and looks poo, heatseeker looks poo and some other. only red steel and a few other 3rd party games look good. i guess nintendo games will offer the best graphics and we are seeing this.

!panic said:
Why does it matter that much? When considering a GOOD bunch of third parties game coming out for the 360 will ONLY be on the 360 (Gears of War, Mass effect, Halo Wars, etc)

First of all, Nintendo never liked the idea of Online Playing. We all know they aim for Multiplayer with friends/family. Thats probably why theyre Online is lacking so much. Friend Code is a real joke! They are too scared that young players might be traumatized or w/e by older players.

Second, Wii24Connect is NOT the same thing as Xbox Live. Wii24Connect is only for downloading patches/updates and so what. The online on the Wii is Wi-Fi friendcode thing. Which is, as I said before, a total joke. Xbox Live is the best online experience you can have on consoles PERIOD The Online of the Wii will NEVER be that good simply because Nintendo is NOT aiming for it.

Finally, Why would grandma play Mario Kart Online? I mean, if any grandma is ever interested in Online for a Console, that mean theyll know a bit about it and I dont see why theyd prefer Nintendos Wi-Fi Friendcode thing over Xbox Live? Anyway.
Theres one thing on which youre right; the Wii is truly the best for the Casual gamers. But even then, thats not whats going to make Nintendo win this generation Console war.
nintendo wii wont need a friend code, what are u talking about? and xbox probably has the best online experience except u gotta pay. no thanks.

teqguy said:
1) Wii24Connect is free, whereas, Microsoft charges a premium of $49 a month for exclusive access.
its only $5 a month or $50 a year (aka 2 months free if you pay yearly)

Remeber guys. The graphic capabilities just aren't what it's about. sure PS3 and xBox 360 can out do it, however very few games will utilise ALL of the power of those systems so they pretty much have too much to even use. The wii has found a perfect balance here. PERFECT. I can;t wait for the gameplay

Not just patches, for internet play also. And it will be free, unlike Live. Nintendo will make the appropriate changes, it's not like they'll release it and leave it alone.

Finally, Why would grandma play Mario Kart Online? I mean, if any grandma is ever interested in Online for a Console, that mean theyll know a bit about it and I dont see why theyd prefer Nintendos Wi-Fi Friendcode thing over Xbox Live? Anyway.[/quote]
My grandmother and grandfather both play BF2 and Advanced Warfighter. My grandma would love to play mario kart online. Not sure about my grandpa though. Plus, their old and they don't mind :lol: (really, my grandparents don't really care, they just want to have fun).

Yes, not just the casual gamer. They are also aiming for hardcore gamers (and everyone else), like me. Don't tell me it's just for the casual gamer. It caught my attention. And of course it won't help Nintendo win this generation of console wars. In my area, many people already have 360s and are getting both the Wii and PS3. They are gambling, it will either be #1 or a big flop. Imo, with all this hype, it'll be number 1 at launch.

MetroidZ said:
nintendo wii wont need a friend code, what are u talking about? and xbox probably has the best online experience except u gotta pay. no thanks.
Lol, Yes they will! Have you just read at all about it?
The online will be some random matches against ppl you wont know , you wont be able to chat or anything . When youll want to play or chat with a friend, youll have to add him to friend list with friendcodes. THATS how it works.
I dont know how you think it will work but it will be the complete opposite of, lets say, Battle.net.
So what if you got to pay? 5$ a month aint a big deal... I know almost all of you are kids and dont have to pay for internet,television and that kind of stuff... But when youll grow up youll have to get along. Paying per month aint a big deal.
And LOL@teqgui who said Xbox Live was 49$ a MONTH. Ahahah! That would be crazy. I guess some here are too young to know the value of money. Maybe its only a mistake but w/e, that made me laff'.

Edit : Online connectivity

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Main article: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Wii will be able to connect to the Internet through its built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi and through a USB-to-Ethernet adaptor, with both methods allowing players to access the established Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service.[1] Nintendo has stated that Wii will implement standard Wi-Fi protocols. Just as for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo originally stated that they will not charge fees for playing via the service[40][41] and the Friend Code system will control how players connect to one another.[42][41] This system will also be implemented for console-based software such as the Wii Message Board, for which a feature is being considered for alerting registered friends for the Wii Message Board about new games that have been purchased.[10]

The service will have several unique features for Wii, such as the Virtual Console, WiiConnect24 and the Wii Browser. Wii also can communicate and connect with other Wii systems by wireless LAN, enabling local wireless multiplayer on different television sets. Battalion Wars 2 first demonstrated this feature, for non-split screen multiplayer between two or more televisions. Nintendo has announced two Wi-Fi enabled games at LGC 2006 in Leipzig: Mario Strikers Charged, and Battalion Wars 2. Although Wii features an online mode, Nintendo hasn't provided the programming tools for 3rd party developers yet, meaning that only first party Wii games will be online, at least in 2006.[11]

WiiConnect24

Main article: WiiConnect24

At E3 2006, Nintendo announced WiiConnect24, a feature that will allow Wii to remain connected to the Internet in standby mode. Some possible uses of WiiConnect24 that were mentioned at E3 2006 include allowing friends to visit a player's village in Animal Crossing and downloading updates for games without having to be actively using the system. It has also been said that it would be possible to download Nintendo DS promotional demos using WiiConnect24 and later transfer it to one's Nintendo DS[43], similar to a DS Download Station.

There you go now. Source : Wikipedia.
Face it, it will sucks :X.

---------------------------------
Oh and one last thing lol, teqgui, Xbox live is FREE for Silver subscription. Which let you download patch, updates and what not. So in other word, Xbox live reign supreme.

Last edited:
Hell, the graphics look magnifacent to me. Especially Twilight Princess... *Drools* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
...Err... Anyway... Although Nintendo isn't spending billions to make the graphics all prettied up in HD, (Don't get me wrong, I don't mind at all. Better than jacking up the price another $100 to $200 xP) they're really, really good. Like... Too good for words? xP I dunno, I'm tired. Can't explain right now. X_x;; Tired. Hopefully you got my point.

The thing is the developer chooses how good the graphics are its all about detail like red steel and LoZ TLP for example those games are both very detailed and thats what makes them so real and have such good graphics from what i have see of ps3 they are not spending enough time on the details so in a sence Wii games will have better graphics then some PS3 and 360 games its all depending on the devs Wii is so easy to code for thats why Wii devs have more time to make better graphics and details and PS3 is super hard to code for because it uses a totaly new cell proccessor several games have been droped because of how defficult it is to develope games for. 360 is pretty hard to dev for but not as hard as the ps3. Wii is easy to code for because its dev kit is almost identical to the Gamecube dev kit thus the devs have experience with making Wii games that PS3 and 360 Devs don't have

anyways thats my 2 cents i hope you read all that lol

Actually, there no reason at ALL for Nintendo to have such low graphics. They had plenty of time to to make something better but they didnt. Why? The first and obvious one is the price. They wanted to stay the cheapest console of all 3.
But even then, I believe thats not all there is to it... I believe Nintendo thinks that even if their console has low graphics, they have acquired tons of Fanboys who will buy their product no matter what for as long as their is a Mario, a Zelda and w/e popular franchise. Don't get me wrong, I was a bit like this too, Ive grown with Nintendo and never thought id switch for another but well. I realized that even if I simply love those franchises, if the console dont please me, I wont get it. Thats why im now going for the 360. Who know maybe in the next next gen consoles, ill switch back to big N' but until then...
Some of you guys should take a moment to think and really ask if the console is pleasing you. Some might realize that finally, they dont really want a Wii.

NINTENDO64 said:
From the technical details ive seen the wii is better then the xbox so by rights is should be able to outperform it.
If Far Cry could be held back 1 or 2 months it could look better than the xbox version,1 thing i seen is the draw distance on the wii pic you can see the mountain in the background thats looks good, away from Far Cry look at smash bros and mario galaxy the graphics are amazing.

And then theres capcom in a leauge of its own with its Resident Evil series from the extended video ive seen its looks like a xbox 360 game.

me personaly i think the graphics are good.
well good enough for me. lol lol :yesnod:
Bite your tongue...the Wii graphics are damn good :)

!panic said:
Actually, there no reason at ALL for Nintendo to have such low graphics. They had plenty of time to to make something better but they didnt. Why? The first and obvious one is the price. They wanted to stay the cheapest console of all 3.
But even then, I believe thats not all there is to it... I believe Nintendo thinks that even if their console has low graphics, they have acquired tons of Fanboys who will buy their product no matter what for as long as their is a Mario, a Zelda and w/e popular franchise. Don't get me wrong, I was a bit like this too, Ive grown with Nintendo and never thought id switch for another but well. I realized that even if I simply love those franchises, if the console dont please me, I wont get it. Thats why im now going for the 360. Who know maybe in the next next gen consoles, ill switch back to big N' but until then...
Some of you guys should take a moment to think and really ask if the console is pleasing you. Some might realize that finally, they dont really want a Wii.

And to you "Fanboy" praiser, you think nintendo is the only ones with fanboys? There are tons of PS3 and Xbox 360 Fanboys just shouting "Wii graphics are so suxxors how can they play with that? Good graphic is so gosu LOLOLOL" Just like you are doing now. and fyi the wii-mote is a Treasure when it comes to gameplay - anyone not agreeing to that or not getting a wii because of graphics is either a fanboy or a retard - and i value both the same.

Actually iPanic, the Wii-Mote will change gaming. Why do you think Sony added tilt function after Nintendo showed theirs off? After playing Metroid Prime Hunters on my DS and using the touch screen to aim, I realized that it is so much easier to aim with and pushing buttons or a joystick. The Wii will be the same way, but better, as you will be actually holding it like a gun in FPS's.

Back