What's so good about...

Homicidal_Gamer said:
Well, I myself preffer the GCN over the xbox, but that doesnt mean the xbox sucked.

i'm sorry but...have you even PLAYED xbox? Gamecube's an ok system and all but it ran out of games about 2 years ago....or more.
Xbox is still coming out with quality titles.

I prefer to call GC a huge flop and hope that Nintendo, considering its past track record, can pull through and make another innovative machine.

How about psychonauts that game was really awsome and I loved it you really should try it

Go try Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The first one, not the second one. Maybe my favorite game of all time. Halos were great too though.

O D S T said:
i'm sorry but...have you even PLAYED xbox? Gamecube's an ok system and all but it ran out of games about 2 years ago....or more.
Xbox is still coming out with quality titles.

I prefer to call GC a huge flop and hope that Nintendo, considering its past track record, can pull through and make another innovative machine.

I beg to differ. The Nintendo Gamecube was not a flop at all! And what's more is that it is still dishing out games. Super Monkey Ball Adventure, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princesss, Super Paper Mario, Baten Kaitos Origins, DK Bongo Blast, Madden NFL 2007, The Movies, Lego Star Wars II, Pac-Man World Rally, Happy Feet, and an upcoming Kirby game are but a few from a list of games that are still coming down the tube! There has been a strong stream of games from launch date to today, and there are plenty of "quality titles" in that list. To make such an accusation against the Gamecube is of fanboy behavior and trails close to n00b.

The only reason someone would call it a "flop" would be because of the kiddy image that it was so wrongfully dubbed to. But I won't go into that since I already wrote a post on that subject. And during this stage, online gaming was not a necessity, but an extra feature. But some folks believed in the latter over the former. I still wouldn't call it a flop though since Nintendo really wasn't ready for online play. That all changes this next generation.

Arcadium said:
xbox360 is not so good, but anyway we have to say microsoft did really good on taking the xbox 360 earlier than the wii and ps3

This still might be too early to tell. Microsoft could be making the same mistake as Sega did with the Dreamcast, but I doubt it, due to the 360's good console sale statistics.

Bill Gates: "We will have a ten million unit headstart with the Xbox 360"

Our pal Bill is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. It might just pay off too.

Last edited:
irishman said:
the only thing good about the 360 is the games and live...for now
finally some on who understands how awsome it is to own a 360 I hope yournot here to tank on the wii,if not welcome to wiichat

I think the Wii and the 360 could make a great combination. They both have some very interesting games (out and on the way), and they're both different enough from each other so that you don't feel like you're doing the same old thing. With it's low price the Wii could act as a sort of "complimentary" console for when 360 gamers (or PS3 gamers, for that matter) might get bored, or just want to do something different.

the xbox did too. the faceplate just fell off and the cable came unconnected from the mobo. if they opened the xbox and pluged the cable back in, it woulda worked lol. the gamcube did a barral roll :)

Kalimar said:
I beg to differ. The Nintendo Gamecube was not a flop at all! And what's more is that it is still dishing out games. Super Monkey Ball Adventure, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princesss, Super Paper Mario, Baten Kaitos Origins, DK Bongo Blast, Madden NFL 2007, The Movies, Lego Star Wars II, Pac-Man World Rally, Happy Feet, and an upcoming Kirby game are but a few from a list of games that are still coming down the tube! There has been a strong stream of games from launch date to today, and there are plenty of "quality titles" in that list. To make such an accusation against the Gamecube is of fanboy behavior and trails close to n00b.

The only reason someone would call it a "flop" would be because of the kiddy image that it was so wrongfully dubbed to. But I won't go into that since I already wrote a post on that subject. And during this stage, online gaming was not a necessity, but an extra feature. But some folks believed in the latter over the former. I still wouldn't call it a flop though since Nintendo really wasn't ready for online play. That all changes this next generation.

This still might be too early to tell. Microsoft could be making the same mistake as Sega did with the Dreamcast, but I doubt it, due to the 360's good console sale statistics.

Our pal Bill is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. It might just pay off too.

Ok the kiddy image is because it is a kiddy system. That's how it was marketed, and that's how it is...I have a gamecube in my house, oh joy Resident Evil. Other than that, all kiddy games.

Every game there is a sequel to something. There is no new content. I do not think that Pac Man world rally will be genre defying or awesome.

All the games that do look amazing will be on nintendo Wii as well..
Zelda
Madden
Lego Star Wars

I don't know. I can't list 10 games that have released that i would really want on Gamecube. And i've looked too, in an effort from keeping my brother's gamecube experience from dying.

No i don't hate Nintendo they have done great things and i'm truly excited for Nintendo Wii

Back