Sad, so Sad

MrKlown

Weird Guy
Oct 9, 2006
Martha, KY
I've had the Wii since November, 2006 and I loved it up until now. I went to wal-mart and got to play the PS3 and Xbox360. I am missing out on some beautiful graphics. I considered on going out and buying a ps3 or a 360 but the problem with those is to get the full effect you need to buy an hdtv and I can't afford that kind of money so I am just buying more and more wii games. I am not really enjoying myself like I was when I first got one. Just thought I would share my little rant here. I am sure I would the Wii if I actually had an internet connection good enough so I could play online.

Well maybe, but the online is still getting worked out.
(I like it, but many (360/ps3 owners) complain about it)

It also may be that you need to play the right games.
Wii can dish out some pretty nice details.
Just look at Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Very impressive.

Or you could sell all your stuff, if your really unsatisfied.

Not much of a "rant" per se...

Listen, the well of Wii games has been dry for a long time now, but now Metroid + Galaxy should break that drought for a little while until Mario Kart, SSBB, and Animal Crossing hit shelves. Give it time, they'll be here before you know it.

For the record, 360's are amazing. <3 Just because you don't have an HD TV doesn't mean you shouldn't get one, the games on Xbox are crazy good.

Are the graphics still great on 360s even without an hdtv? I've heard talk that you can actually hook it up to your computer monitor for hd effects, even on a simple crt monitor. May try that if I get it. Galaxy does indeed look fun but I have never been a fan of the Metroid Prime series so I am going to steer clear of that. I played that one racing game for ps3 and it was so beautiful I almost shed a tear lol.

The Wii is definitely going to receive some top quality games one after another. I am sure that your love for your Wii will return as soon as you get your hands on Super Mario Galaxy. :lol:

Maybe Byuakuya but I still feel like I am missing out being stuck with a dialup internet connection. I am sure there is a way to use the Wii with dialup but my god it would be horrible.

MrKlown said:
Maybe Byuakuya but I still feel like I am missing out being stuck with a dialup internet connection. I am sure there is a way to use the Wii with dialup but my god it would be horrible.
You do have a point there. The 'Wii plus Dial-up' is a bad combination.

MrKlown said:
It would be hell in fact. ^.~

The GFX are better than the Wii's on a normal TV, if that answer your question. Sure it doesn't maximize it's full capabilities, but it's still good. I personally can't wait for Assassin's Creed coming out the day of my birthday (Nov. 13th) for the 360/PS3, it's going to be top notch.

Lack of HD isn't a major stumbling block. While a 360 will no doubt look better on HD, it's not bad on SD - I mean you're talking about 480H vs. 720 or 1080. Widescreen (when supported correctly) is a much nicer presentation, but not crucial.

It's not like HD has more color, or better FPS, it's simply a resolution increase. If you're on and used to a smaller set (like <=27"), you're probably not going to miss anything.

If you want one go buy it!

~DT

ya, i know what you mean, your just like me, when you have something good and you see something better you get bored of what youve got and you want the other thing, i can really relate to you

[DT] said:
Lack of HD isn't a major stumbling block. While a 360 will no doubt look better on HD, it's not bad on SD - I mean you're talking about 480H vs. 720 or 1080. Widescreen (when supported correctly) is a much nicer presentation, but not crucial.

It's not like HD has more color, or better FPS, it's simply a resolution increase. If you're on and used to a smaller set (like <=27"), you're probably not going to miss anything.

If you want one go buy it!

~DT
^^ Perfectly said.

wat r u talking about? wii has crazy online stuff. just check out igns videos of medal of honor heroes 2 multiplayer.geez

Well, after reading a bit about Mario Galaxies I am a tad excited about it hehe. I wish those other consoles didn't cost so much though! I think I'll get that new Fire Emblem tomorrow since I played the Gamecube one and fell in love with it. What do you all think of MySims? Considered on buying that the other day but decided not to. Which btw I finally have a job so I can afford to buy one game a week now so my collection is gonna be huge soon. My recent purchase was Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock and it was a spectactular game I thought til my whammy bar broke. That's life though.

a lot of people go through this

i have both a wii and a 360 and still think the wii sports is the best game ever made!

Back