Gamecube titles remastered for Wii U.

If they made SSBMelee on the Virtual Wii U Shop, they'd have to basically remake the game almost, because(based on factual stuff I know) they'd have to add trophy of K.K. Slider from Animal Crossing a 'released' game trophy, because, if you noticed, the trophy says ,"FUTURE GAME'' or something, clearly making a new SSBMelee remake a really hard and good idea, considering you want to have an updated game.

I think it's rather pointless to remaster or remake a fighting game. It would be just as nice if they put throw back maps from Melee to the new upcoming Smash bro's for the Wii U.

I think it's rather pointless to remaster or remake a fighting game. It would be just as nice if they put throw back maps from Melee to the new upcoming Smash bro's for the Wii U.

I ****in' hate it when people refer t' stages as "maps"... blehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No, it's not pointless at all. All those hundreds upon thousands'a melee lovers don't give a damn 'bout the old stages, they give a damn 'bout melee. Every single Smash game is radically different from the others 'cause of all the game mechanics. They all play incredibly different from each other, despite the most base gameplay mechanics remaining similar (damage foe, send 'em sailing off the stage). Whether or not SSB4 will be even better competitively than Melee and superior casually than Brawl, people will still play Melee. And as a result, there'l be demand for it to be downloadable since there're only so many physical game copies. Melee deserves a VC release. Each Smash Bros. game isn't a sequel or an improved re-release, they're all vastly unique experiences.

I ****in' hate it when people refer t' stages as "maps"... blehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No, it's not pointless at all. All those hundreds upon thousands'a melee lovers don't give a damn 'bout the old stages, they give a damn 'bout melee. Every single Smash game is radically different from the others 'cause of all the game mechanics. They all play incredibly different from each other, despite the most base gameplay mechanics remaining similar (damage foe, send 'em sailing off the stage). Whether or not SSB4 will be even better competitively than Melee and superior casually than Brawl, people will still play Melee. And as a result, there'l be demand for it to be downloadable since there're only so many physical game copies. Melee deserves a VC release. Each Smash Bros. game isn't a sequel or an improved re-release, they're all vastly unique experiences.

I have a copy hurr durr, but yeah I agree with everything CK said here. Every single smash brothers game is completely different from the other ones in it's series.

I have a copy hurr durr, but yeah I agree with everything CK said here. Every single smash brothers game is completely different from the other ones in it's series.
Yeah, I found out that I am a BEAST in Melee, because of the basic controls. Brawl, over-average; I get rusty when I don't play for a long time. I never played SSB1 yet, but I am sure I'd be good enough. SSB4, I hope their's good online. Anyway, SSBM should have online, but like you said, this is the Gamecube games remastered into HD in the Wii U Virtual Console/Wii U Shop Channel, if they still call it that. Don't rip this thread apart, people. Its about having games in HD, not remaking them COMPLETELY!

Yeah, I found out that I am a BEAST in Melee, because of the basic controls. Brawl, over-average; I get rusty when I don't play for a long time. I never played SSB1 yet, but I am sure I'd be good enough. SSB4, I hope their's good online. Anyway, SSBM should have online, but like you said, this is the Gamecube games remastered into HD in the Wii U Virtual Console/Wii U Shop Channel, if they still call it that. Don't rip this thread apart, people. Its about having games in HD, not remaking them COMPLETELY!

I think it funny, italics should be used for emphasis, don't yell at us. Jeez...i'm offended! /troll

Anyway Melee was a much greater game competitively but don't think that the dumb down in speed in brawl makes it a lesser game. Brawl was extremely fun while it lasted however the mechanics were far too easy to learn IMO.
We weren't talking about remakes but a HD version of Melee would feel...akward to me. You get used to it's quirky graphics and don't get me wrong the graphics in Melee are still good to todays standards. I actually preferred the more cartoony look of the characters in melee compared to Brawl.

Anyway Melee was a much greater game competitively but don't think that the dumb down in speed in brawl makes it a lesser game. Brawl was extremely fun while it lasted however the mechanics were far too easy to learn IMO.

Brawl plays at almost the exact same speed, it's just the pace that's different. Since true combos don't exist en mass and L-canceling are gone, everythin' just seems slower.

'Sides how easy Brawl is to master in comparison to melee, it's also the lack of complex mechanics that makes Melee so damn superior IMO. Brawl is only a fraction deep as Melee.

You need to remember that the games "Hardest" to learn mechanics can be learned by anyone and it's more related to getting in the habit of doing certain things rather then actually learning the proper use of a technique.

I could never get that air dodge shuffle thing down on Melee...

You need to remember that the games "Hardest" to learn mechanics can be learned by anyone and it's more related to getting in the habit of doing certain things rather then actually learning the proper use of a technique.

Incorrect. Habitual and reactionary use of ATs is the first step to becoming a professional scrub. Brawl pros don't just throw moves or strategies out 'n hope they work. Otherwise they'd be performing extra steps if they miss the initial, 'n be left open constantly for punishin'. Every single move an A-class pro throws out is deliberate, and the only time they wing it is in confusing situations wherein they've completely lost the match's pace and need to hope for a lucky combo breaker.

Back