How short IS Red Steel?

KCBlack

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
I understand Red Steel isn't the longest game ever, and I also know CoD 3 is pretty short. My questions:
1)How short is Red Steel? (How many days did it take you to beat?)
2)Which is longer - Red Steel or CoD3?

I would guess Red Steel would take longer because it's controls are soooo poor, you'll just get stuck in sword-fighting boss battles. Man, I should probably trade that game in before it loses too much worth....and get CoD3 instead.:D

Not very short. Probably takes 15 hours (that is, if you don't suck).

NateTheGreat said:
I would guess Red Steel would take longer because it's controls are soooo poor, you'll just get stuck in sword-fighting boss battles. Man, I should probably trade that game in before it loses too much worth....and get CoD3 instead.:D
I've played the game already and love the controls. They can be a bit annoying at times, but all in all they're fine.

Oldschool Smasher said:
Trust me you dont want Cod3 it sucks more than Red steel and Red steel is way better.
WHY CoD 3 SUCKS MORE THAN RED STEEL

Last edited:
15 hours isnt short at all to me. Add all those times you'll replay it on harder difficulty also. It Seems pretty good for an fps.

NateTheGreat said:
the controls arent perfect but if u think they're so bad ur either a little kid or an idiot lol, not trying to be mean but i really like them

Red Steel: 20 hours, great FPS, great controls, good graphics, and sword fights good but a little anoying.

surprisejimmy said:
the controls arent perfect but if u think they're so bad ur either a little kid or an idiot lol, not trying to be mean but i really like them
So you insult me for having a different opinion than you and then claim you're "not trying to be mean?":wtf: If you look at my profile, you'll see my age is 18, so I'm not a little kid although if I was that wouldn't make my opinion invalid and if you've read most of my posts and threads, you'd see I'm no fool. How do you think I became a mod? Anyway, I don't hate Red Steel's controls. Ubisoft wanted to try something new and they did. I liked opening doors, reloading, and picking up guns with a simple flick of the nunchuk and being able to turn a gun gangsta style by turning the wiimote was great. However, the core aiming, how you had to move the reticle ALL THE WAY OVER to the edge of the screen to turn was a major headache. Don't even get me started on the sword fighting.

In all seriousness though, don't assume that your opinion is the best and only intelligent opinion to have and if someone doesn't share it that they're an adolescent child and/or stupid. It doesn't show much comprehension or open-mindedness on your part.

i agree both red steel and cod3 might be to short for you gameing nerds but the aiming has bin proved to be 2x more acurate and fast plus dont forget that wii is probly going online so red steel and cod3 online in the name of vutiful joe henshi-agogo-baby!!......what ever that means

XkatanaXwarrior said:
i agree both red steel and cod3 might be to short for you gameing nerds but the aiming has bin proved to be 2x more acurate and fast plus dont forget that wii is probly going online so red steel and cod3 online in the name of vutiful joe henshi-agogo-baby!!......what ever that means
I don't know where people are getting the idea that those games will magically get online play when other online games come out... maybe their sequels will have it, but I doubt Red Steel & CoD3 will ever get online. (Note: this has been typed from my Wii!)

I got Red Steel today and I don't understand why people have problems with the controls. Perhaps they have 2 fingers on each hand? I picked it up right away, and it's so simple.

honeymustard said:
I got Red Steel today and I don't understand why people have problems with the controls. Perhaps they have 2 fingers on each hand? I picked it up right away, and it's so simple.
Yeah me too. Also, I'm not experiencing any jumpy cursor but I did @ my friends house, who got the game @ launch. Maybe newly stocked Red Steels have a jumpy cursor fix. Anyone else who bought the game today or perhaps within the last week experiencing a jumpy cursor?

Back