Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I hate to sound like a noob but...

Discussion in 'GoldenEye 007' started by Woadie, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Woadie

Woadie [+] Member

Wii Friend Code: 1111-1111-1111-1111
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    I've noticed that when playing against higher levels sometimes i will pick up their guns and notice that the clip is set to shoot 1 bullet per clip.
    Is this a strategy among higher levels to change the clip setting before you die? also if you are in a fire fight with someone is there a point that you stop shooting and make the change or can it be done once the screen turns red before you respawn?
    on my classic controller pro this "clip change" can be made by pressing "up" on the d-pad.
    other than handicapping anyone who picks up the gun after you, is there any advantage to having a 1 bullet clip?

2. struggle07

struggle07 WiiChat Member

Woadie, I have noticed this also, but just here recently. I use the nunchuck setup and have it set so that if I shake the nunchuck it will change from full-auto to semi-auto. I always just assumed that a had inadvertently shaken the nunchuck after picking up the gun. It looks as if that may not be the case.

3. crazygrant

crazygrant WiiChat Member

ive learnt that using a terralite means i dont need a sniper rifle for the docks (when the others are camping that room).... well i dont need it IF i remember to switch to single shot.

could that explain it?

also i have to admit i notice that with terralites and up, many weps i picked up off someone was set to single shot.
    and seeing as i was a noob, i tried to empty clips into peoples heads, only realiseing as i died that i only fired 1 bullet lol.....

so now, if using my one of my terra loadouts... and assuming i remember (which isnt always that often), i switch to single shot at the moment of death.

its normally easier to do this is you are trying to strafe out of the way... just run, flick and switch.... then if i survive- back to full auto...and if i die... well so be it. harder to remember whilst in the middle of gunfire though. i have noticed that sometimes if im fast enough- i can get to the guy who killed me BEFORE he notices that its set to single shot. (i must admit thats fun, even if rare).

4. Epsil0n

Epsil0n [+] Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ive noticed that too... its really weird.

5. Woadie

Woadie [+] Member

1111-1111-1111-1111
    awesome, thanks for your imput Crazy, so how does single shot substitute for having a sniper rifle? is the bullet more powerful or are you just banking on headshots?

6. Carlito

Carlito WiiChat Member

The single shot with the Terra obviously gives less recoil hence a better aim, particularly with a silencer but that just may be me.

7. Woadie

Woadie [+] Member

1111-1111-1111-1111
    that makes sense, thanks Carlito

8. struggle07

I have noticed that the magnification of aiming down site with the terralite is not that far off from the Pavlov.

9. Woadie

Woadie [+] Member

1111-1111-1111-1111
    with what attachment?

10. struggle07

Just a silencer.

11. crazygrant

yup, a silenced terra on single shot is surprisingly accurate.

for mid range shots (like the boat room scenario) is very accurate.

for long distances (like sniper tower to walkway on outpost), its good ( probably as good as the pavlov, assuming you have time and a still hand).

for extra long shots (like memorials start areas up high, from one side to the other), its no sniper rifle but it CAN hit (though no chance of me killing someone there, i cant get enough shots to kill before they run- some can though).

the scopes will aid your sighting of targets but with the silencer you will have a more accurate shot, all it takes is nerve and a cpl of seconds to take aim.... then "Pppfffff." (silenced terra :wink:)

12. MethLepard

MethLepard Meth Lepard GEFC 1346 297

Wii Friend Code: 8108-7585-8132-1267
    8108-7585-8132-1267
    People do this all the time with the strata. I think they just know that you most likely will not check the weapon mode.

13. Woadie

Woadie [+] Member

1111-1111-1111-1111
    That is kinda the conclusion i've come to as well. After trying out the terralite on semi-auto i've found no advantage to using single shot. Yes it gives a steadier shot but it takes 4-5 shots to kill in most cases plus who is gonna stay still at long range when the first shot hits them?

14. nachoburp

nachoburp WiiChat Member

i think it might automatically reset to the opposite mode that the person was using if that makes sense. ive noticed it with the masterton. if someone uses it on the fully automatic mode and i get a mutual kill on them and go back for it, the firing mode is on the single bullet. when i didnt have a strata the same thing happened. just an idea. i dont think anyone would set it to single bullet shots thinking that someone wouldnt check the firing mode. maybe they do though. not sure.

15. Epsil0n

Epsil0n [+] Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Devs trolling us.

16. crazygrant

woadie... on memorial last night i got 2 kills at super long range on single shot (ok so its probably down to the fact that the ppl thought they were near invisible from their hiddy hole) only took 2 bullets both times as the 2nd shot was head shot.

you say it takes a few bullets to kill with terra on single shot- then it would take the same number on full auto too.... the thing is dude your aim....

Im NOT saying you cant aim and im NOT saying im a pro... but one head shot with one bullet = 1 dead enemy. so if you do go for single shots- dont rush them.

as for nachos idea that the wep sets to the opposite of what it was used for..... then why arent all submachine guns/assault rifles set to burst or 1shot when you pick them up. i mean you can HEAR the player auto firing and then bam....you pick up his kallios and it isnt set to 1shot.

nah- its tactics all the way - either the player wanted single shot OR he wanted you to pick it up and make an ass of it.

17. nachoburp

nachoburp WiiChat Member

... the kallos doesnt fire on 1 shot. every time i would pick up a strata or anova or masterton or whatever and use it on full fire mode and die id go back for it to find that it got set back to the previous mode. i didnt set it to that and no one else touched it. plus in the middle of the game most people probably arent thinking " OH i know something thatll REALLY mess with them"

18. crazygrant

um kallios DOES fire in single shot mode...

as for going back to single shot after you have dropped that gun.... its probably set in the program that the gun will revert to the mode the "original owner" of the gun left it at.
    eg: i stick my terra to single shot as i die.... you pick it up change to full auto then i kill you. you go back for my old terra and AGAIN its set to single.
    THIS IS JUST A THEORY- i havent been in game yet to check it out... anyone want to do me the honours?

19. Epsil0n

Epsil0n [+] Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Youd be surprised how many people just stand there if you shoot at them with a single shot mode terra. It all depends on how fast your finger is

20. 24gh12

24gh12 WiiChat Member

this is a main issue with strat users when a strat is a dropped it's auto set to single and is annoying when i accidently pick up another gun