I was WRONG about Redsteel

ABC said:
Dude, do you even know what you say half the time? Let's see... a man that comes across pretty much every video game released on every console.... or a gamer that is most likely bias towards one platform. I know who I will trust more... but you can listen to the lonely bias gamer and have fun buying **** games. Let me know how it works out for ya.
Yes, "hype" is because people put soo much faith in what reviewers say, and it ends up being either better (underhyped) or worse (overhyped). I don't buy "****" games, I'm a gamer that thinks for myself, rather than allowing a person I have no connection with dictate what I buy and what I play. I've got a large selection of games of what I like.

Oh, and let's not forget that the gamer (The one whom I would take note of anyway) is more of a peer and would therefore appreciate games in a similar fashion to yourself - especially if it's a friend.

Don't get me wrong, I take the comments of the flaws of a game very seriously, it's just that I'd prefer to experience it first hand to see if it really does detract from the overall experience.

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Don't get me wrong, I take the comments of the flaws of a game very seriously, it's just that I'd prefer to experience it first hand to see if it really does detract from the overall experience.

I think that goes as a given for any serious gamer. But I will tell you right now, there has been VERY few games that got terrible scores across the board that I can truly say had a lasting appeal on me. These professionals aren't around for nothing.

ABC said:
These professionals aren't around for nothing.
You're right. They're there to get paid for their opinions. Key word: opinion. Relying on somebody you've never met's opinion over a friend's opinion (whom presumably knows you better, and what you like) is a little strange to me. Half the time, the reviewer and the friend will be in argreement of what's a good game and what isn't, but when they disagree, I think it's better to listen to the person who knows you best.

I've read a few reviews now where people have given the game a second go, after scoring it bad, only to praise it. See what turns people off it is the that controls aren't the usual 'bash the button' method. Once you get used to it, it's said the game rocks. And i also read that if you place your sensor bar in the wrong position and can out the aiming off, so it's best to move the sensor bar around a bit until you find that sweet spot. Even if the bar is placed perfectly for other games.

Does the controller really jump around randomly? Because in the videos I saw the pointer looked kind of Jumpy.

Oh yeah, and are there ragdoll physics in the game? Because that would just plain rock.

I just started as I got the system this morning. I do really enjoy this game. It is really hard to get used to, but it gives you plenty of learning space. The need to keep still is not normal for me, but I'm getting used it it. It makes the game more fun really.

you MUST be retarted to say such negative things about a zelda{the ''you'' refers to generally retarted reviewers}

He must be a retard to judge zelda negatively because 1-2 of its levels use more the brown colour, or that u can only read signs by pressing the A button. OMG...

Kamikaze said:
See, and you've decided to actually try out a game instead of ranting upon what OTHER people think about it. I am quite impressed.

I've 'actually' tried out a lot of games. Tons of games. Probably thousands of games. So I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Oh wait, I think Nintendo needs to use less 'appeals to the real young kids'-type graphics in games that they want to appeal to a wide audience. That means i don't try games for myself....o.....k...
And I haven't ranted about what anyone thinks about any game in particular.

sigh.......

You're one of the many who cares about what people see you play. **** if someone sees me playing a childish game and wants to laugh, let them. You're the sensitive one trying to fit in to society.

around 30% into this steaming pile of **** and everytime i play it makes me want to shove a fork into my uthrea just to get rid of the pain caused by this ****ing game.

it seems to be a trend that once people give the game a chance and 'learn' it they have a second opinion that is much better than their initial reaction

To be honest, since I'm seeing threads popup such as this one and Vagrant's. I'm seriously considering this title now, I played a bunch of FPS on PC and enjoy owning people all the time on it. The part that interests me the most is this is one of them, imo, few games out there where the pointer actually isn't centered the entire time and only adds to the FPS experience.

I have been seeing more and more people these days giving it another chance and liking it now. Perhaps it was Zelda that was conflicting with their desire to play the game, and once they finished it they could truly concentrate on Red Steel. I love playing games that where you just gotta keep going until your finish, and apparently this title seems to be one of em.

Back