IGN Brawl Impressions- Hating on Subspace Emissary

balrogs.pa said:
They don't hate it, you just didn't include details,

''They were never really about single player but hats off to them. Bosses look cool, animation looks cool, Its just about hitting the attack button randomly, And its like 'every guy is like master hand' This master hand has all these modes of attack and you might actually like need a strategy. 'The cut scene where fox uses the reflector to fight Rayquaza you think Oh so you use the reflector to kill him, Well guess your wrong! -laughing- Multiplayer was phenominal, they added a ton of characters and levels, A lot of the favored maps return. Map editor is 'Freaking awesome' they thought snakes level was really fun, it has a lot of nostalgia, it has only one shade, and you can see all the characters clearly unlike in the original game. New Hyrule pissed people off, -laughs a little- 'The bad guy takes the bridge man,- If your a normal character your just going to die on that stage, snake pit lives. Wario Ware is mean and weird, fun. PictoChat is fun, ridiculous and the music is funny -laughs- Dolphino plaza gets you a little confused. The Simple levels seem to be most favorited.

that was between only 15 minutes, ill summarize some more.

Yeah... that's the part they like. (Or some would call the "Pros") They also happened to call it the "Subspace Crap-issary" Did you read the whole thing? They didn't I guess completely hate it.. but they were far from liking it..

And in that quote alone he was making fun of the game. He was laughing that there was no strategy involved in beating Rayquaza. There's no debating this.. IGN did not like SSE..

There are a million different modes so one mode being mediocre isn't that off putting... and I bet SE is brilliant anyways. If it's not great, I'll play it through once with a friend and then go on to make my own crazy stages on the stage builder. I probably won't try online for a while - there's just so much better stuff before it.

nic7 said:
Well, I was listening to the recent IGN Wii-K in Review, and was very disappointed to find out that well.. they severely dislike the Subspace Emissary. And they just go off on it..

My spoiler free summary below:

This info all comes from 9-16 minutes into the podcast. There is a lot of spoilers in the podcast though.. so you've been warned.

Anyway, they do go on to basically say the multiplayer is amazing.. as always.. And almost everything else is great..

So.. what you guys think?

I, for one, was really excited for SSE and I'll definitely still give it a chance, but it is a huge disappintment to read this. I hope some other impressions will spin it into a better light..

I'm only about 1/4 of the way in to the podcast so if I find any other info, I'll make sure to post it..
you know what? critics suck these days ok! they overated call of duty, which has terrible multiplayer online. now they're hating on ssbb for no apparent reason. DON'T LISTEN TO CRITICS PEOPLE!

MikemasterM1 said:
you know what? critics suck these days ok! they overated call of duty, which has terrible multiplayer online. now they're hating on ssbb for no apparent reason. DON'T LISTEN TO CRITICS PEOPLE!

We have to listen to critics to be better.
Just because they critizise a game you really want bad you got to be such a meanie.

MikemasterM1 said:
i've watched so many subspace emmisary vids and the gameplay looks perfect. i consider ign's opinion crap

But how do you know before you've played it?

MikemasterM1 said:

Do we have a Halo fanboy in the room?

I'm a fanboy of Halo, but I don't brag about it and say it's the best game in the world. I just love it.

I agree with those people who say not to believe critics because it's just their opinion on the game. Everyone has their own opinion.

manred said:
I'm a fanboy of Halo, but I don't brag about it and say it's the best game in the world. I just love it.

I agree with those people who say not to believe critics because it's just their opinion on the game. Everyone has their own opinion.
´
If I've understood right though, he is saying he is right and they are wrong, which is wrong. But that's just my opinion (I saw what I did there).

I love Halo also. It's spleeeeendid.

I dont listen to other opinions cuz last time i did i regreted it

when the game doesnt compare to all the hype i expect some harsh criticizm.

IGN always looks for the faults...apparently they don't like handing out 10s. Just watch how they'll ditch on the wi-fi for not being like Halo's wi-fi.

Trust me, they will not compare it to Halo. They will only compare it to MOHH2 or some other Wii online game. Plus, there has been an argument on this already so I'm not going further into it.

Back