Important question!

cyberzomby

OH NOES! A PICTURE
May 9, 2007
Netherlands
Wii Online Code
4855-3513-2198-8739
Hey Guys,

for a few weeks now I want to buy a certain USB-device that allows me to record my wii games on my laptop. However Im not sure if that device allows me to that. It is intended to record camcorders, it has got the yellow red and white plug on it.

So my reasoning ( and my dads ) is that the wii signal is the same as the camcorder. It would not matter to that device if its a camcorder signal it records or the same red yellow white wires from my wii?

Is this correct?

cyberzomby said:
Hey Guys,

for a few weeks now I want to buy a certain USB-device that allows me to record my wii games on my laptop. However Im not sure if that device allows me to that. It is intended to record camcorders, it has got the yellow red and white plug on it.

So my reasoning ( and my dads ) is that the wii signal is the same as the camcorder. It would not matter to that device if its a camcorder signal it records or the same red yellow white wires from my wii?

Is this correct?

The input is standardised, so yes. It will work for all devices that use the red-white-yellow input.

Make sure it supports PAL though.

Thanks a lot! Im going to get it this afternoon! Its a dutch shop so I gues it will support pal :)
Than all I need is a splitter so I can game on my tv while my laptop records ;)

Nice. A splitter shouldn't be too expensive.

However, it might be better (if your laptop has a screen-out port) to route it from your laptop to your tv, rather than use a splitter.

FRuMMaGe said:
Nice. A splitter shouldn't be too expensive.

However, it might be better (if your laptop has a screen-out port) to route it from your laptop to your tv, rather than use a splitter.

i don't think so... that might cause lag if the laptop processes the information then exports it. a splitter will be fine.

Bigred said:
i don't think so... that might cause lag if the laptop processes the information then exports it. a splitter will be fine.

Depends on the graphics card and processor.

My laptop does it fine. Specs are:
160GB hard drive
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86ghz
2GB ram
Intel 945G intergrated graphics card

Yea mine has 1 gig of ram. I bought it and it works!! Uploading my first video as we speak :D

Thanks for the suggestion of routing it to my tv but Im afraid that I will get some lag sometimes. Its not that common just when theres some other things going on on my laptop. And its only a tiny fraction but I just want to play normaly ;)

Back