Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Info regarding free Wii Points Card

Discussion in 'Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare' started by klsrc, Mar 12, 2008.

1. klsrc

klsrc The Voice of Reason...

I'm not sure if anyone noticed that occasionally in these forums, there is a google sponsored ad that appears advertising a free Wii Points Card. I just wanted to write a description/warning to anyone who may be tempted by that ad. To be clear, I am not endorsing this ad nor am I promoting anything for my own gain. Rather, this is to inform the community so that you don't waste time like I may have.

The link brings you to a site called "letsplaywii.com" where you can sign up for a free trial of one of two services and in return, you are promised a free 2000-point Wii Card. I've done a LOT of sites like this, and I've got quite a lot of freebies to attest to the fact that there are legitimate sites out there. I sincerely doubt this site is one of them.

Anyway, I signed up since the trial product offered was indeed free, and I was supposedly to be informed within 1-3 days that I had met the criteria and would receive my product. Almost a week later (and after a few emails to their "customer service") I have not heard a thing. Fortunately, I am out nothing save for a little bit of my personal time - no big deal.

As a warning to others, however: Don't waste your time. Odds are, I will never get the card, and that's life. I'm a full believer in "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" but every now and then a shot in the dark can be exciting :yesnod: Anyway, I would recommend not bothering if you see the link.

2. sremick

sremick Got lifeboat?

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ads? What ads? ;)

Firefox + Adblock Plus

• Like Like x 1
  3. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

Hehe, sremick knows how to surf the web properly. :cool:
    I'd go one better and get Greasemonkey as well, then you download scripts to get rid of all sorts of little nuisances.

4. klsrc

klsrc The Voice of Reason...

That's awesome! I didn't know about adblock but I just put it on my firefox and I love it...thank you!

5. sremick

sremick Got lifeboat?

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I use the element hider w/ AB+ and come up with my own rules, so there's rarely anything I don't want that I can't make go away.

6. Foxy

Foxy Super Ninjarator
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 3881-9484-9041-5848
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I'd recommend adding 'noscript' as well for safety. Once you know what you're doing with it the net is yours.
    --

Shame that these advertisements don't work but I recommend taking the name out of your post by editing.