Info regarding free Wii Points Card

klsrc

The Voice of Reason...
Jan 2, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I'm not sure if anyone noticed that occasionally in these forums, there is a google sponsored ad that appears advertising a free Wii Points Card. I just wanted to write a description/warning to anyone who may be tempted by that ad. To be clear, I am not endorsing this ad nor am I promoting anything for my own gain. Rather, this is to inform the community so that you don't waste time like I may have.

The link brings you to a site called "letsplaywii.com" where you can sign up for a free trial of one of two services and in return, you are promised a free 2000-point Wii Card. I've done a LOT of sites like this, and I've got quite a lot of freebies to attest to the fact that there are legitimate sites out there. I sincerely doubt this site is one of them.

Anyway, I signed up since the trial product offered was indeed free, and I was supposedly to be informed within 1-3 days that I had met the criteria and would receive my product. Almost a week later (and after a few emails to their "customer service") I have not heard a thing. Fortunately, I am out nothing save for a little bit of my personal time - no big deal.

As a warning to others, however: Don't waste your time. Odds are, I will never get the card, and that's life. I'm a full believer in "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" but every now and then a shot in the dark can be exciting :yesnod: Anyway, I would recommend not bothering if you see the link.

Hehe, sremick knows how to surf the web properly. :cool:
I'd go one better and get Greasemonkey as well, then you download scripts to get rid of all sorts of little nuisances.

I use the element hider w/ AB+ and come up with my own rules, so there's rarely anything I don't want that I can't make go away.

I'd recommend adding 'noscript' as well for safety. Once you know what you're doing with it the net is yours.
--

Shame that these advertisements don't work but I recommend taking the name out of your post by editing.

Back