ipod versus Pokemon!

if you want an mp3, get the sansa e-250, $125, 2 Gigas, wheel, and it connects to rhapsody as well as windows media player, plus its got video. i can't afford the ipod, plus itunes, use limewire!!

ipodpoke.jpg

theres only one way to settle this....

Last edited:
Erm...

Just where do you think you'll get your Wii from? There's that problem of the ongoing shortage!

By the time you buy a Wii you may be able to afford both an iPod and DS!!

the wii comes to circut city on 3/25. every circut ity is supposed to have a minimum of ten. then again im not gettin it till i get my check apr 6. and as an added bonus...my bday is on apr 3! im turining 17 if u wanna know. im thinking bout gettin the $130 4gb insignia at best buy. and MAYBE the ds. The Wii for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well ds requires more money for games over time and what not

+ they are 2 totally different things, would you rather play games during trips/rides/whatever or listen to music

i say ipod... its pretty cool. i listen to music own all the ugly creatures on doom 1 and 2, own at pokemon red, yellow, and silver, make my own custom layouts, play battletoads and doubledragon, watch vids, look at pictures, stare at the brush metal backing, hold it in my hand, use it as a harddrive for my english and 3d animation class, and told store winrare... you never know when your gonna need it.. all that and still 25 of 30(27.9) gigs... ahhh i love my ipod

iNiNtEnDuDe...

Honest man... give up the pokemon. Yes I think pokemon is ridiculous and a waste of time money and talent but this is coming with all that put aside. Ipod. Ipod is for music, music is the hearbeat of life. Music is culture, its art, its a means of self expression and release. Pokemon, its a game, u play it till u "catch em all" then its over, time wasted to meet a goal of no worth but bragging right. If you truly enjoy music, then it is no contest. Its obvious i'm a music major but honestly, music will better your life. Pokemon sorry to say will really only just waste it. In music u find ideas, life lessons, and all around sick ass beats to bang your head to...

I could go on forever but thats what it all comes down to. If you like music at all... there is no contest... buy an ipod. Leave the pokemon in the past, its fine to waste brainpower on it when your in elementary school. Now its time to grow up and learn from life through the culture of music.

If that was the biggest bs you've ever read, then forget u read it. Its obvious your still a child and need to just stick with pokemon. :rolleyes:

LyricistSoldier said:
iNiNtEnDuDe...

Honest man... give up the pokemon. Yes I think pokemon is ridiculous and a waste of time money and talent but this is coming with all that put aside. Ipod. Ipod is for music, music is the hearbeat of life. Music is culture, its art, its a means of self expression and release. Pokemon, its a game, u play it till u "catch em all" then its over, time wasted to meet a goal of no worth but bragging right. If you truly enjoy music, then it is no contest. Its obvious i'm a music major but honestly, music will better your life. Pokemon sorry to say will really only just waste it. In music u find ideas, life lessons, and all around sick ass beats to bang your head to...

I could go on forever but thats what it all comes down to. If you like music at all... there is no contest... buy an ipod. Leave the pokemon in the past, its fine to waste brainpower on it when your in elementary school. Now its time to grow up and learn from life through the culture of music.

If that was the biggest bs you've ever read, then forget u read it. Its obvious your still a child and need to just stick with pokemon. :rolleyes:

i stronly dissagree with what you just said. Arnt you "wasting" brainpower on other games when you play them? pokemon is a great rpg.

asdfnick said:
i stronly dissagree with what you just said. Arnt you "wasting" brainpower on other games when you play them? pokemon is a great rpg.

no. it was. how has pokemon changed at all since red and blue?
turned based rpg is old, its dead, if pokemon wants to survive past these next two pearl and diamond. its gonna have to finally change its gameplay. Attack, slash, attack, slash... so lame. move on. Besides, he's gettin or got the wii... thats enough game system. So the whole isnt any game a waste of time argument doesnt hold any clout here.

And its ok to disagree but im right. Music, its no contest a better investment than pokemon. Wether u like pokemon or not. Pokemon isnt culture, it isnt creativity, it isnt intillectual. Take your time to enjoy the music with an ipod instead. I'm right. Thats all there is to it. Dont get pissed, just accept it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
just get whichever would make you happiest. music or games?

i personally would get the DS, because I had both an ipod and a DS at one point. but my ipod bricked on me for no apparent reason. i was playing a song and told it to stop and go to another one, it froze and never worked again. i thought for sure it was just a glitch and maybe needed to reset or recharge or something. NOTHING worked and i had to toss it. this hasn't soured me against ipods, i still want another one, but they're not as sturdy as the DS. ipods are quite fragile.

but the main reason i personally haven't got another one yet, is because i dont like music as much as i like games. i LOVE music, i have 1,000s of songs on my pc. it's just that theres only so many times i can listen to a song, and then im sick of it. sometimes i listen to too much music at once and don't want to hear ANY music anymore.

but i play my DS all the time. i play games all the time everyday. ds, wii, ps2, xbox. love'em to death and that's why i'd suggest getting a ds. There's tons of fun games on there.

it really just comes down to what you want to do more, music or games.

or just wait and get an iphone because the DS just sucks and the iphone is probably more powerful than it.

Back