Is My Wii Broken?

I got zelda for my first game and it lasted very long and i didnt spend time on any side quests, if you savour it will last forever, while what iv heard mp3 lasts 20 hours, at the slowest time.

hmmm.....this is like...an on off thing....well its mostly stoped, but rarly it will come back..........but honestly i dont thinki have much of a problem

this happened to me too..i brought my wii on vacation in the poconos and somehow we wind up playing the wii outside our cabin and some sort of bug crawled in the exhaust fan and we heard it get chopped up so i thought it spit it out but part of the bug got stuck inside and was making wierd noises. i got scared and thought that was the end of my wii but i tried vacuuming it out and i got it(and a bunch of dust) out and its quiet as a mouse now..played the wii inside the rest of the week ofcourse lol..disgusting story huh

Jay588 said:
this happened to me too..i brought my wii on vacation in the poconos and somehow we wind up playing the wii outside our cabin and some sort of bug crawled in the exhaust fan and we heard it get chopped up so i thought it spit it out but part of the bug got stuck inside and was making wierd noises. i got scared and thought that was the end of my wii but i tried vacuuming it out and i got it(and a bunch of dust) out and its quiet as a mouse now..played the wii inside the rest of the week ofcourse lol..disgusting story huh
.......................... wtf. <.<"

KrisKhaos said:
Don't worry, they will take care of it. :)

If you are that concerned, I paid the UPS Store to box and ship it for me. Sure it was a couple bucks extra however if something failed during shipping and the packaging was to blame I bought rights to point a finger. I suggest the same if you are worried about it, then whomever was responsible for boxing it will be liable for faulty packaging. Every other possible problem (ie. lost package, damaged package, etc.) won't be your fault and someone other than you will have to pay for it.

thanks kris! this makes me feel more secure about sending out my wii... i'll try it!

ATTENTION: This happened with my system, too. The only way to get around it is to have it repaired. That's what i had to do. But luckily enough the wii is still under warranty from launch day, if you registered it at nintendo.com Just call Nintendo and tell them what the problem is and they'll fix pretty fast. (mine was gone for maybe like a week and a half) It still does it occasionally, but only like 1 out of 20 tries, but hasn't made the annoying buzzing noise since.

hmm....ill do that now, before christmass i need this done
its the 9th of december, will i get this back by the 25th (yno...christams) if i sent it today

Last edited:
wait.....where do you find the wiis serial number
i need that too register it, i guess

ok i sent you the pm, so yea, you should definately get it back before christmas if you send it within the next couple of days.

ok thank you....i sent it today, so it shouldnt be a problem
I think it had to do with the game Mysims, thats when it started, and everyone saying that that game, screws with things

have you gotten your wii back yet? i sent mine out jan 2 and i'm just trying to figure out how long it takes... i'm starting to experience some symptoms of wii-withdrawal!!

Back