Is there a way to get blue disc light post-wiiconnect24?

broper81

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2014
US
Hello,

I have an old Wii in my daughter's room and she always loved how the slot would glow blue when it was in standby. Since they have discontinued the wiiconnect24 service I can no longer send myself a message, and like a dummy I went an opened the last email I had sent a while back. Does anyone know of a way to get the blue disc light back without using the wiiconnect24? The Wii is currently soft mod via letter bomb if that makes a difference. Thanks to anyone who can help!

I know for a fact that there're various Homebrew apps that make use of the Wii's glowin' thingamajiggerbob. Try searching the Homebrew Channel (if ya don't have it, get it) for one'a these, might find what you're lookin' for.

I know for a fact that there're various Homebrew apps that make use of the Wii's glowin' thingamajiggerbob. Try searching the Homebrew Channel (if ya don't have it, get it) for one'a these, might find what you're lookin' for.

Thanks for the reply! I did try some of those prior to posting and many were out dated, did not work correctly with motion plus controller so couldn't open them at all. I was hoping maybe someone found a trick or maybe knows specifically if any home brew apps can accomplish this and maybe worth purchasing a pre-motion plus controller online if I knew for sure it would be worth it.

It started doing the blue light today, last week I edited a copy of letter bomb to show up as that day's date, not sure if it was a delayed reaction from doing that or just random, but my daughter is happy and I'm not touching It anymore. =)

Back