Is Wii a Gimmick---My insight

Nah I think I'll agree. Someone asked 'is Wii a gimmick', and just because I own a Wii, doesnt mean I dont have to think its a gimmick or thats something is wrong with it... not everything is perfect, and certainly many of the games out on Wii atm are not perfect.

Deanis said:
Nah I think I'll agree. Someone asked 'is Wii a gimmick', and just because I own a Wii, doesnt mean I dont have to think its a gimmick or thats something is wrong with it... not everything is perfect, and certainly many of the games out on Wii atm are not perfect.
wow thank you some one else that realizes the wii is not gods gift to gaming, and it has its faults just like every other system

VeggieManUK said:
My prediction is this:

In as little as 5 years time nobody will be playing FPS games with a joypad or even mouse + keyboard, considdering how neer perfect MP3's controlls are why would you want to? and if your answer is that you cant get used to them or you dont like them then just think back to your first games using either of the 2 alternatives.

Excuse me? You actually think that Wii's control scheme lends itself better than M+K? Have you ever played a PC shooter... I don't know... ever? You can't get more precise than it. It lends itself better to quick reflexes, and the keyboard is a hell of a lot better than the buttons of a controller. Coming from a Metroid Prime fanatic, I don't think the controls were near perfect, I think there were some issues, although I applaud them for doing a good job with it. But just so you know. A PC player would beat a Wii player in an FPS if the two were dualing, just because of the controls. It's just more precise, and their is so much less of a chance of error or mishap with MK.

Back