Is Wii a Gimmick---My insight

CantGetAWii said:
No.
Giving many the option to choose helps things out, rather than makes a problem.
Adds more to the overall thing really.
Also this way people's old preferences will not be overlooked.
Well if i bought a wii because of the new innovative controlls, and i decide to play a game the old way, how is that adding more? that defeats the purpose of me buying the wii if i was going to play it the old way, that just makes it a gamecube again. I thought the reason for a wii was the controls but hey i might be wrong, but thats why i bought it, if it just had reg controls theres no need to play a dumbed down version of a game like re4, need for speed, Prince of persia, etc i can play those games on systems i already have or pay to play them on systems that will make them look better and possibly have more content. So you kinda defeat the purpose of a wii if you take the controls away thats just me. Hey you take the controls away i think you take half of the total console sales away. Its always the same thing with nintendo fans just wait just wait, i mean you don't buy a console to wait?

Last edited:
You have a good point, but also look at the controller, this is new stuff for most developers. Consider all the crap games were getting as test runs (hopefully). What developers need to do is make games with a large selection of settings, since the wiimote is basically a mouse, it should be able to suit everyone. There have been a couple games where the the change between settings is just to drastic, but in games like Scarface I was able to find a setting that I was comfortable with right away, and it helps a lot.

i understand what your saying but to say give the option to use another controller defeats the purpose. I use the wii for wii controller not my classic controller not a gamecube controller. But yes developers need to get it right not just port it over and try to map the buttons to simple movements. RE4 is a great example of a port done right.

Man i wish i could find scarface around here for a decent price. I don't buy used games(unless scratch free) with my fairly new systems when they get older i get them.

i agree with some of what you said, although the controls for zelda for me really made it worth while. if they didnt have that i probably would have just bought the GC version. i mean, its not like the wii IS a gimmick, its these developers who know new gamers are out there who will buy crap like super scrap book maker and that stupid ninja bread man game. developers who actually make GOOD games, i dont think that they add to the gimmick. not to many companies whose games i love anyway are the type who will add dumb@$$ pointless motions, if that makes any sense.

yungblood6 said:
Its always the same thing with nintendo fans just wait just wait, i mean you don't buy a console to wait?

this is garbage. if youre complaining because the "ONLY" good games on wii are RE4, and first party titles, then grow up. how bout you buy them and play them first before you start whining. Oh, thats because if you did that, then by the time you finished them all, more good games would be out, and you'd have nothing to complain about.

If I had a 360, what are my real options? Halo 3, NHL 08(for me). period. Don't count other FPS, because that's all 360 has. PS3 has heavenly sword, and ratchet and clank. they would take you about a few weeks to get through if that. you could make the same freakin argument for any system, and i'm sick of people complaining about wii because there's not enough good games. buy a freakin virtual console game if you really need some filler and can't wait like a month for mario galaxy.

!@#$

Thats exactly what I'm saying if it wasn't for the wii controls you wouldn't buy the game for the wii you would buy it for another console that its on. Wii is about the controls period. You take that away and what is the wii except a glorified gamecube. So in order for the wii not to be a gimmick developers need to get controls for their game down pat, before trying to release it to cash in.

This also brings up another thread i was reading on where some one was talking to a rep about quality control, and the rep said it was up to us. I feel its up to them if they see a game that makes their game system look like crap they should let them know and make them fix it before they release it on their system. But if nintendo doesn't want to do that then they run the problem of there system being called a gimmick.

If i pay for a game that is crap the damage is already done so how do i have quality control if i cant play the games for free before i buy them. You will say rent right, well that still requires me to fork over money so if the game is crap im still pissed off. A real demo channel for the WII and not the ds will help with quality control.

Last edited:
did i say that the only good games where those no i didnt so why would you say thats what i meant? Thats what every one else says, and then the common excuse for nintendo fans is wait you'll see, or wait for this game. People don't buy products to be kept waiting.

samXcor3 said:
this is garbage. if youre complaining because the "ONLY" good games on wii are RE4, and first party titles, then grow up. how bout you buy them and play them first before you start whining. Oh, thats because if you did that, then by the time you finished them all, more good games would be out, and you'd have nothing to complain about.

If I had a 360, what are my real options? Halo 3, NHL 08(for me). period. Don't count other FPS, because that's all 360 has. PS3 has heavenly sword, and ratchet and clank. they would take you about a few weeks to get through if that. you could make the same freakin argument for any system, and i'm sick of people complaining about wii because there's not enough good games. buy a freakin virtual console game if you really need some filler and can't wait like a month for mario galaxy.

!@#$
WOW we have a real fan boy here don't we! There is not a game on a game system that i have not played. I own all 3 consoles and play the same games on all 3 period. Wow someone agrees with you on a comment and then you go and get all haywire, i said RE4 was an Example of a port done right. where did you get all that other **** from? Its real obvious you don't know what you are talking about because most of the games that get High reviews, high sales, and wait for it awards have been on 360, not to say all of them but most of them. second If you think thats all the ps3 has then you are a bigger fool than you sound. Calm the **** down and get your head out ya ass. I was agreeing with you dummy. WOW Fanboys are real funny.(sorry for tripple post it was supposed to be on the other post.)

Last edited:
yungblood6 said:
Man i wish i could find scarface around here for a decent price. I don't buy used games(unless scratch free) with my fairly new systems when they get older i get them.
Have you tried The Godfather? Controls for that game work much, much better, and the motion stuff is way more fun. eg, with Scarface you only punch with one hand, and both his hand's punch... not very one to one..

yeah i have played the godfather, its a fun game but i have played that game entirely too much to buy. i just could never find scarface for some reason. ive rented it but i saw all the scratches on the back and took it back.

yungblood6 said:
yeah i have played the godfather, its a fun game but i have played that game entirely too much to buy. i just could never find scarface for some reason. ive rented it but i saw all the scratches on the back and took it back.

Please use the edit button, and don't triple post.

wiis not all hype, because when the games come out there fantastic look at mp3, greatest game out and will be till brawl or other great titles come out.

lol halo 3 on wii........wait.. that would be so awesome!!!!

EDIT: why are there people coming on WII chat and complain about wii? i say its a great console, complain somewhere else

Last edited:
CantGetAWii said:
Please use the edit button, and don't triple post.
Please read the posts before you comment i already said sorry for the triple post, even if i didn't is it really hurting you that bad, if so you need to get a life. you can respond when you get out of school today buddy. its like you make it your long life goal to respond negatively to every post that i make and then you send me messages about the ****. Get a life.

Last edited:
EDIT: why are there people coming on WII chat and complain about wii? i say its a great console, complain somewhere else[/QUOTE]
Because its wii chat and its about the wii, would it make sense to go to playstation forum and say hey how you like your wii? Just because its a wii site doesn't mean that every one has to show total love for the system. I thought it was love for a system when you complain about crap games because you want better games but hey i might be wrong again.

Back