Is Wii depending on Super Smash Brothers Brawl??

I have only played super smash brothers like once, but that is one game that i really want to get for Wii. Even tho most of there games are kid-like games some of them grab my attention as they could be a fun and entertaining game. I hope that Super smash brothers and Sadness are going to be good, but honestly i have more fun playing the VC games, than the new Wii games atm. The VC games are making it worth it to me :D

Last edited:
Borch712ers said:
to answer your question: HELL NO

Thats like asking if the 360 is dependant on halo 3. its a key role, but if it were to bomb it would still be a great system.

I doubt any system could be dependant on any one game so much so that if that game bombed than no one would buy the system.

no-no. a system wont collapse if a big game bombs, but it definitly loses some of its standing power. like losing a leg, maybe smaller, like losing a foot.
Xbox wouldnt have came close to the ps2 if it wasnt for halo then halo2. Just as nintendo would not still be around if it werent for the mario series (and all its branches) and zelda.
if games bomb it still may be a great system but it wont have a lasting effect on the gaming community. as toward the end of the last console war, the gamecube very much dissappeared as oppose to the ps2 final put outs of a few big titles, and the xbox stood firmly with only halo2.

but as i said before, the wii currently has no killer app, and is not depending on a single game but instead has put most of its nuts in the first-party development basket. oh, perhaps metriod can pull of killer app status, with a strong multiplayer.

FWELR said:
actually, wii_smurf you can quote someone even if they didn't say that, so even though samus 101 didn't say that, you can make it look like did, here watch.

now even though you didn't say that, its easy to make it look like you did.

that is cool:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Enzo said:
no-no. a system wont collapse if a big game bombs, but it definitly loses some of its standing power. like losing a leg, maybe smaller, like losing a foot.
Xbox wouldnt have came close to the ps2 if it wasnt for halo then halo2. Just as nintendo would not still be around if it werent for the mario series (and all its branches) and zelda.
if games bomb it still may be a great system but it wont have a lasting effect on the gaming community. as toward the end of the last console war, the gamecube very much dissappeared as oppose to the ps2 final put outs of a few big titles, and the xbox stood firmly with only halo2.

but as i said before, the wii currently has no killer app, and is not depending on a single game but instead has put most of its nuts in the first-party development basket. oh, perhaps metriod can pull of killer app status, with a strong multiplayer.

I agree with you.

No...Super Mario Galaxy, Metriod P3, RE:UC are all HUGE titles. Also there is NiGHTs, Final Fantasy, No more Heros , GH3...plus all those unknow titles(Would be great if we got GTA 4)

Zap2 said:
No...Super Mario Galaxy, Metriod P3, RE:UC are all HUGE titles. Also there is NiGHTs, Final Fantasy, No more Heros , GH3...plus all those unknow titles(Would be great if we got GTA 4)

Yeah great and so great titles, CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM!!! :mad5:
GTA4 in the Wii, why not?

no spam...
Wii most likely IS relying on ssbb. The hype for this game is so high...

Back