Is Wii going to have a headset for talking while online play?

rdizzle

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
the use of voice chat for games would be amazing im doubting though that the Wii will make use of such devices without online play up at the moment but i figure whats the point of online play if u can't voice chat and the Wiimote is definately not typing intuative if the plan on making any competitive online teamwork they would be cheating themseleves not releasing a headset function.

Last edited:
im not so sure if these games or coming out for the Wii (as i wasnt much a a gamecube fan..) but tom clancy games (rainbow six)(ghost recon) i feel would go nicely into the wii's gameplay and i feel the wii is pretty damn accurate in its movements enough to have some good fps games on there (maybe a counterstrike port?) lol i dont mind the kiddy games as long as they are not 90% of the systems games ( i may have exagerated alot but the gamecube just screamed KIDDY) the wii i feel has its kid games but also more mature games. So i think for great online play the possiblity of voice communication would be AWESOME...

rdizzle said:
im not so sure if these games or coming out for the Wii (as i wasnt much a a gamecube fan..) but tom clancy games (rainbow six)(ghost recon) i feel would go nicely into the wii's gameplay and i feel the wii is pretty damn accurate in its movements enough to have some good fps games on there (maybe a counterstrike port?) lol i dont mind the kiddy games as long as they are not 90% of the systems games ( i may have exagerated alot but the gamecube just screamed KIDDY) the wii i feel has its kid games but also more mature games. So i think for great online play the possiblity of voice communication would be AWESOME...

It's a matter of preference and what people think is 'kiddy'. In my opinion, games like Smash Bros. and Mario Party online beat Tom Clancy games online any day.

that would be really sweet if you could use the same bluetooth headsets that cell phones use, one less thing to buy.:)

oh no super smash bros and mario party those have always been fun especially when people are over at your house. But i think kiddy games are the ones that have little challenge and are very repetitive and really are only for fun "kids" if its fun and has a kiddy feel too it ill try it out. While on the other hand i do like SOME games to have a high realistic feel im just wondering if any games like that are coming out for the Wii.

Counterstrike Wii built off of the Source engine would pwn. I'm a huge CS Source player and if it came out on the Wii i might just pee my pants out of sheer excitement.

Redan499 said:
Counterstrike Wii built off of the Source engine would pwn. I'm a huge CS Source player and if it came out on the Wii i might just pee my pants out of sheer excitement.
oh yea...

I know this will happen, just a matter of time

i dont really care about the voice chat unless it is a stratigic game like GoW. as long as i can play SSBB and Mario Party online, i dont care lol

Icetrash said:
No I dont think CS will ever come to the stage where its on a console, let alone the Wii

CS was released for the Xbox (not 360) a while ago, but it did horrible.
If CS dosent come out for the next gen consoles hopefully and CS-like game will be released for the consoles.

Redan499 said:
CS was released for the Xbox (not 360) a while ago, but it did horrible.
If CS dosent come out for the next gen consoles hopefully and CS-like game will be released for the consoles.
me and alot of my friends played that for the longest time. it was the one of the best thing to hit the xbox for me and my friends (online friends that is lol)

Back