Wii With Headsets

Warrior said:
by the time SSBB come sout wii will have its on headset.

That's great and all but the game also needs to support voice chat. You can't just plug in a headset and expect to hear voice. It needs it's own proxy, an extra port will need to be open on your router, and the game needs the proper software.

and right now Nintendo doesn't seem to interested in that.

hexen0079 said:
Man when i play me and my friends write letters. And then we mail them. And we wait about one buisness day. And start all over again. Its really effective

i tend to use carrier pidgeons - it adds that necessary excitement as you wait in anticipation praying that your bird has actually survived the long trip and has not been shot down

Stallyon said:
i tend to use carrier pidgeons - it adds that necessary excitement as you wait in anticipation praying that your bird has actually survived the long trip and has not been shot down

:lol: repped!

tank said:
That's great and all but the game also needs to support voice chat. You can't just plug in a headset and expect to hear voice. It needs it's own proxy, an extra port will need to be open on your router, and the game needs the proper software.

and right now Nintendo doesn't seem to interested in that.

Wrong. The VoIP would run on a separate server. It is definitely possible for them to do it without altering the game. The same way voice chatting works on a 360. It could be done possibly with a new channel that works as a lounge.

Everything you said is based on the assumption that the voice chat would be run specifically on the game, when it could just be an added feature to the wii itself and run over top of the games.

I swear I read somewhere on this forum that the speaker on the Wii remote has voice chat capability. Is it just me?

well then just use a cell phone or somthing like that. or skype. i use it with my frends when we play mmds or get that pokeman game and go on wi-fi with it

i'm pretty sure that the wii will have a headset soon. why would nintendo create one for its little handheld ds and not the wii?

or the wii will go on line then ask if you want to youse the head set then if you say yes it bring up a screen saying put your ds in ds download mode and plug in the head set

Back