Is WiiChat.... dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding WiiChat, we don't need new features. If anything, we need less features. This is a forum for goodness sake. We don't need friend lists and other useless add ons cluttering the site.

Also, I don't understand how appointing mods will help the site become more active.
Fair enough about the gimmicks, but this site needs mods. I don't know if you saw that 'lickylicky' idiot the other day?

Dang, you beat me to it.

cause many people here moved on to a 360/ps3 so nobody posts in the ones that actually have to do with the Wii. well, some people do...

I've just come back and wow, not alot of people are online...
I think it might be because people are bored with the wii and have moved on. I miss the Alternate Plot days, when there were alot of people online....
Also after Super Smash Bros Brawl got boring, all the hype went, causing wiichat to slowly die. The revamp didn't help either and it erased everyone's favourite threads.

Last edited:
I was comparing how he shows up when wiichat is at a weak point to try and tell us what to do.

New features would be nice, but as you can see, when people leave here, they come back!!!!!
Besides the fact that new mods aren't going to happen at any time within the foreseeable future, they aren't going to do anymore than cover up the problem. But as you can see, when people have left this last time, they fucking meant it! No one is back that said they were leaving for good. I myself only click on User CP every day for one, maybe two reasons anymore.
akubokawii said:
I was comparing how he shows up when wiichat is at a weak point to try and tell us what to do.
He's not telling you what to do, Ninstation is an option. He's recommending you ditch Wiichat and get ahead of the curve, and saying that Ninstation is a place where you are assured a good community, a Nintendo-based board, and an active administration. Nothing more, nothing less. Luckily many are already making the switch and I don't believe they are regretting it, the activity is stupendous and anything that proves troublesome is taken care of.. in other words, it runs how a forum is supposed to run.

It's silly to defend a site that has completely lost its cause.

But as you can see, when people have left this last time, they fucking meant it! No one is back that said they were leaving for good.

Haha yea, I only come back to see if wiichat has completely died yet. Its a shame, this place used to be really, really great. Shame, but I guess nothing lasts forever.

If you'd really like to know, I suppose I'll just say it here.

Napalmbrain and I were given the password to a super moderator's account (Syntax to be exact, who was also the member which gave it to us), so I have used that to clean up the Wii Friend Code section, as well as other parts of the forum.

So, in other words, it's for your guys' benefit that I'm sticking around.. just because I say this forum is a lost cause doesn't mean there aren't still members looking for Brawl or Conduit matches (and a few others) that would rather not deal with spam, so I help out with what I can. You also have to understand the strong emotional connection that I have to this forum, I've been here for three years and made tons of friendships, I'm not just going to up and leave.

tl;dr - Because I say so.
Haha yea, I only come back to see if wiichat has completely died yet. Its a shame, this place used to be really, really great. Shame, but I guess nothing lasts forever.
You should check out Ninstation if you have any desire to join a new forum, it's growing quickly and we already have some great members over there. Plenty of people from here have already made the switch, including Napalmbrain, 1337endo, and others.

Last edited:
I don't hate what it's been in the past, but now it's just a wasteland barely thriving until its complete obliteration. I loved the site, but everyone I knew has left and everything I came back for is gone (which is what happened to a lot of people, thus the disappearance of many respectable and valuable members).

I don't hate what it's been in the past, but now it's just a wasteland barely thriving until its complete obliteration. I loved the site, but everyone I knew has left and everything I came back for is gone (which is what happened to a lot of people, thus the disappearance of many respectable and valuable members).

i second that :/

should i officially announce it?

R.I.P. WiiChat 2006-2009

I just made an account at Ninstation. Are you happy now Sremick and SSBB_Lover? BTW I didn't put that anyone recomended me to join.

I am not going to spend less time here on Wiichat because I made an account at Ninstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back