Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ottoman: I clearly stated it was a "case study" and I gave my reason for the assumption that the trend would be continued across the board - i.e Manchester has a pretty big Physical Science faculty and yet NOT ONE Academic has converted to Islam. If the stats are as prolific as you claim them to be you would expect at least one of them to have done so, wouldn't you? Clearly the stats are not as prolific as you claim them to be and so you must be placing at least some exageration on the stats.

You, on the other hand, simply made a statement without any stats or evidence to back up what you said - I fail to see how you believe that you have managed to uphold your argument.

If you want to prove me wrong just show me your source - it would be a lot easier than you continuing to make the same statement over and over, now, wouldn't it?

vaguely correct?

Also, being an Atheist does not "change your viewpoint". People do not become an Atheist and then suddenly see everything differently. They stop believing in something or never believed in something; with religions it is a case of starting to believe in something or always believing in something. See the difference?

Yeah it does. You see everything differently, which causes you to become an Atheist.... see the difference?

You do know not all Christians, Muslims, Jews believe the same things too...

Those small nuances are the reason you don't call yourself a Buddhist then.

Get a ****ing clue.

i told you, go look it up on google. youll be amazed trust me. i could go do it, its all over the place...but for you? its not even worth it lol.

I can pretty much secure everything ive said by just cliking some stuff on google. you want my proof? go get it.

'Omg jews are diffrent they beleive diffrent things how bad?'

FGS, can people get over them selves, It can be opinion, let ottoman beleive what he want to beleive, he thinks it is right, you think it is wrong, so what you dont have the right to complain about WHAT HE BELEIVES

@Ottoman - It is usually the person who makes a claim who is meant to support it and not the person who is debunking it; especially when the person who is debunking it has provided stats of their own.

Anyway - I have checked through Google and Wikipedia and I have discovered that a handful of academics have renounced their scientific believes and converted to Islam. Many of these ARE NOT SCIENTISTS - at least not in a literal sense since Philosphy and Psychology are not, strictly, sciences - and the few that are of the sciences are restricted to those who study Biology.

From what I have looked at I have no reason to believe that it is nothing more than a few academics throughout the world with a lot of emphasis being place on the few leading academics who have converted and it being very, very overhyped.

Perhaps you are looking at it with a biased eye or perhaps you have found a source I have not, I don't know, but since you are unwilling to uncover your sources I have no reason at all to believe you.

@Brawny - To become an Atheist you first have to change your opinion and THEN you fall into that category. You do not become an Atheist and THEN change your viewpoint. You cannot become an Atheist without changing your views first.

With religions, however, you decide you agree with some parts of the religion and decide to adhere to it and you then research it more and it changes more of your viewpoints. For example, someone might decide that they agree with the Ten Commandments and will then decide to become a Christian. Only after this will they decide to change their views on other things after they become more deeply involved with the religion.

Since Atheism only has a SINGLE requirement it can't, by definition, change people's viewpoints since by the time you are an Atheist the only viewpoint it has an effect on have already been changed.

Atheism is not a religion because Atheism does not have a common belief system. The example of Bhuddist's being Atheist by definition proves that Atheism is not a religion through the simple use of one example - and I'd love to see you prove it wrong.

Especially since the opening paragraph on the Wikipedia page proves me right;

"Atheism, defined as a philosophical view, is the position that either affirms the nonexistence of gods or rejects theism; but in its broadest definition, it is the absence of belief in deities, sometimes called "nontheism". Although atheists are commonly assumed to be irreligious, some religions, such as Buddhism, have been characterized as atheistic."

Unless they are part of a religion, such as Bhuddism, then an Atheist is irreligious. Enough said. Here is a link for more heavy reading, though;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/atheism

Last edited:
Because the wikipedia article on Atheism, edited by Atheists is not biased.... Sadly, it will always be biased in that direction. Just as the Christianity article is biased in that way as well.

Because the wikipedia article on Atheism, edited by Atheists is not biased.... Sadly, it will always be biased in that direction. Just as the Christianity article is biased in that way as well.

That page, in it's full form, provides more than enough evidence that Atheism is not a religous believe - especially when it breaks Atheism down into the many forms it takes. But whatever, if you want to assume that the article is biased despite the fact Atheists have nothing to gain from Atheism not being/being a religion then you can do so.

Just think about this - if Atheism is a religion how come it is not defined as such by the dictionary? Unless, of course, you are trying to say that every editor of the OED is an Atheist...

The OED wins and you fail, I'm afraid.

Spiritshotgun said:
I accept all religions, except the extremist portion of them.

You people need to watch more of the history channel, griever actually is pretty much telling the truth. you'd be surprised at how much you'll learn and figure out. They do indeed cut off limbs as punishment, not very much anymore at least, but back hundreds of years ago, it was very frequent in islam to do so for things such as theivery and stealing cattle and whatnot.

That right there is something I would say. Congrats ottoman, at least someone here understands things lolz.

Saying atheism isn't a religion is half assed correct, it's not so much of a religion as it is a belief, agnostics believe in a higher power, but not necesserilly a GOD, god, they're unsure. Athiests on the other hand need some sort of proof and to many of them, they haven't found that proof.

Basing science as a religion though...yeah, NO. that's assinine. Sure science can prove things, but it is by no means a religion whatsoever.
ok, so instaed of going and reading the quran you belive in a tv

Heres your proof:

European Scientist Converts To Islam:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=003157

The Wave Of Converts to Islam since 9/11 attacks (including many scientists):

http://www.sultan.org/articles/convert.html

Scientist Converts To Islam On Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOlLI1rre2U

"Christian Scientists are declaring the Quran is from God. Visit Here for Christian and atheist Scientists who convert to Islam"...(the subtitle of the articles found here

http://www.islamamerica.org/articles.cfm/article_id/20/

German Scientist And Wife Convert To Islam:

http://www.ediscoverislam.com/Islam-Scientist.asp

And its just not those...Did you know that by 2020, Islam will be the biggest religion in the world? And that the Fastest growing faith in America is Islam? Proof mr gravy (or whatever)

http://www.islamawareness.net/Fastest/

You can find it all there, AND more. Enjoy.

The History Channel is quite an unbiased channel in all honesty. Besides, even some modern Islamic nations are very hostile towards those who are non Islamic;

"The penalty for apostasy, in Islamic law, is death. Islam is conceived as a polity, not just as a religious community. It follows therefore that apostasy is treason. It is a withdrawal, a denial of allegiance as well as of religious belief and loyalty. Any sustained and principled opposition to the existing regime or order almost inevitably involves such a withdrawal"

Or, for a case of such a thing happening;

"The recent case of Afghan Abdul Rahman has achieved particular notoriety. In early 2006, Rahman was arrested and held by Afghan authorities on charges that he converted from Islam to Christianity, a capital offense in Afghanistan. Many Muslim clerics in the country pushed for a death sentence, but after international pressure (including a public statement by U.S. Secretary of State at the time Condoleezza Rice) he was released and secretly given asylum in Italy."

Maybe you should take your head out of the Quran and read some OBJECTIVE media rather than relying on the one, single source... :).

Do. Not. Mock. The. History. Channel

Man, what do you call all the sectarian violence? You can't blame that all on extremism.

Last edited:
did you see how he changed the subject when i provided truth and evidence?

pleaseee dont ban this guy. hes the best entertainment we have! :D:D

And for the record Gravy, you should judge a Religion on its teachings, not its misguided followers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back