L. A. N.

Mr_Stoukaph

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2006
Washington
Wii Online Code
2509-0795-4188-6793
:confused:I was just wondering, if the Wii has Wifi and it has onilne capabilities (obviously), could it work with L. A. N. stuff? Like how would it connect to a router? Just wondering because I have L. A. N. parties at my house sometimes and it would be cool to play SSBB with 7 other friends (if possible).

One way to accomplish that is having everyone connect wirelessly (or through usb) to the router that would be connected to the Internet. Then you could have one person create a game and everyone else join.

This would only be necessariy if the Wiis can't directly connect to each other either via a wire, like the Xbox link cable, or wirelessly, but I'm pretty sure I heard Nintendo say that Wii can communicate with other Wiis wirelessly, just as DSs do.

but is the ssbb gonna be on wifi also? cuz I believe they're just gonna use the wifi as lan but can u play ppl around the world?

I'm really hoping each Wii can detect and connect to other Wiis without the need for a link-cable, router, or Internet connection.

Unfortunately, since the Gamecube didn't have any type of system-link, I'm doubting there will be 16 player Wii LAN parties, but we can hope.

you could go online with the GC. and you could play 8-player MKDD. Ive played PSO (phantasy star online) online. it was fun. im glad the wii will be able to go online. will they charge for service?

It will most likely be free just as playing online with the Gamecube and DS was free, but, and I really hope this isn't the case, they may charge for extra features like voice-chat and sort of go the route of Xbox Live's different memberships; Silver Member is free, but you only get access to Live Arcade and Marketplace while a Gold Member pays like $10/month and gets the ability to play the online enabled games, like Halo 2.

most likely the wifi will be like the DS were you can connect to each other without connecting to the internet, the ds has worked really well and it would be easiest to just improve slightly on the same technology that works than throw it out the window and start from scratch. I also heard the wiiconnect24 service will allow users without an internet connection to play multiplayer games and update system drivers and what not through the wifi.

that's cool I've heard rumors and I repeat RUMORS that its free with everything but I could be wrong but I've heard only the 360 is charging for internet even sony isnt

ghghgh14702 said:
most likely the wifi will be like the DS were you can connect to each other without connecting to the internet, the ds has worked really well and it would be easiest to just improve slightly on the same technology that works than throw it out the window and start from scratch. I also heard the wiiconnect24 service will allow users without an internet connection to play multiplayer games and update system drivers and what not through the wifi.

That's only if Nintendo deploys satilites that would give each Wii owner Internet access, and it's highly unlikely because of the massive cost of such a system.

That said, it would be awesome to be able to connect to the Internet anywhere and play against people, play/download VC games, and surf the Internet with the Opera Web Browser.

sony better not be. with that expensive of a console it better be free:lol:

.. l.a.n... baybe not, i dont think nintendo can put lan, i think wifi is great how it is

yeah but I truly believe all they have to do is make the wiis connects with the wifi or blue tooth I'm not sure if it has it but that could be used as a connecting item instead of cables

NateTheGreat said:
That's only if Nintendo deploys satilites that would give each Wii owner Internet access, and it's highly unlikely because of the massive cost of such a system.

That said, it would be awesome to be able to connect to the Internet anywhere and play against people, play/download VC games, and surf the Internet with the Opera Web Browser.

The idea is not the individual connecting to the internet, the whole connects to the internet from users with online and shares with everyone connected to that system. So you connect to other wii consoles not a satellite:lol: .

Back