Lost Odyssey Trash/Mediocre

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/lostodyssey

So, Like always I never buy a game before reviews unless im 100% positive it will be good (Mass Effect).

So far it looks like this game sucks and im not gonna buy it. I guess i'll have to wait for FF13 for PS3.

Edit: Actually I hope they release a demo and GI review. So far the reviews seem to think this style of RPG is old school and not as fun as it used to be. But some player reviews and blogs seem to think the game is really good and urge to buy the game to make Mistwalker is 1st party company.

Last edited:
i would trust gametrailers their good..but dang u only buy games after the review comes out....i only buy games that i know ill like lol. im only 12 and of course my parents dont buy me games...only on christmas which is the best day of the year..i get a new console almost every christmas...though this year i was hoping for a ps3 since i got a wii and a computer instead last year...but if u really want to know if its good instead of waiting until the review just rent the game.

I hate IGN almost as much as I hate GameSpot, they can suck my balls.

deadlydasher said:
i would trust gametrailers their good..but dang u only buy games after the review comes out....i only buy games that i know ill like lol. im only 12 and of course my parents dont buy me games...only on christmas which is the best day of the year..i get a new console almost every christmas...though this year i was hoping for a ps3 since i got a wii and a computer instead last year...but if u really want to know if its good instead of waiting until the review just rent the game.
I rent when reviews aren't so good (like this game). But I don't go purely on reviews, they just help me make a decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically, if you like the old school FF's (I through to X), there is a big chance you will love Lost Odyssey. Its a turn based JRPG through and through.

Clearly they don't like it because they think "Old School" turn-based RPG's are no fun anymore. Nothing but an opinion, not a fact. I couldn't care for IGN either, not much different than the other sites, just another editor's opinion. It wouldn't surprise me if Final Fantasy 14 was turn-based, with them hopping all over it and easily forgiving it for returning to it's roots.

Lost Odyssey clearly appeals to those who can still appreciate the old strategic ways of traditional turn-based RPG's, like a nice a game of chess. I'm definitely getting this game.

Last edited:
Yea people dont seem to like JRPG's anymore. I never loved but the games I did play I liked it. The hardest thing was starting a new game in JRPG because it gets more exciting as the story goes on.

Whats ironic is how much people say FF7 was the best FF game of all time. But they seem to now hate JRPG style... I really hope they release a demo. Is their a demo? I don't have my 360, I don't get it back until either tomorrow or Thursday.

T3kNi9e said:
Yea people dont seem to like JRPG's anymore. I never loved but the games I did play I liked it. The hardest thing was starting a new game in JRPG because it gets more exciting as the story goes on.

Whats ironic is how much people say FF7 was the best FF game of all time. But they seem to now hate JRPG style... I really hope they release a demo. Is their a demo? I don't have my 360, I don't get it back until either tomorrow or Thursday.

Yeah, it's very ironic that FF7 & FF8 are still looked upon as the greatest Final Fantasies of all time, yet they start disliking a game that has the same gameplay mechanics as FF8... go figure.

They released a demo disc of Lost Odyssey in Japan, but I didn't hear anything about any demo being released in the US, or the UK.

I hope there is soon :/

I also heard Blue Dragon was underrated and that also is a JRPG that people said was actually good. Blue Dragon was also developed by MISTWALKER

Also the Game Designer of both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is the dame game designer from FF1-12

T3kNi9e said:
I hope there is soon :/

I also heard Blue Dragon was underrated and that also is a JRPG that people said was actually good. Blue Dragon was also developed by MISTWALKER

Also the Game Designer of both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is the dame game designer from FF1-12

Actually, he's the creator of FF 1 - 9.. He left before 10, Some believe it's because of that Final Fantasy movie he made (Spirits Within, not Advent Children), or it's because he didn't like the way things were at Sony (he gained a large grudge towards the creator of the Playstation consoles).

Blue Dragon is a decent RPG, but I feel it didn't live up to Sakaguchi's golden works from the past. It suffered terrible framerate issues during gameplay, and poor character development. The fact that it was turn-based, didn't seem to help it either towards the new crowd of real-time JRPGs.

even tho I do enjoy reading their reviews IGN has a VERY weird way about them.

biggest thing that pisses me off about them is the fact that they usually rate a sequel lower because its "not original" HOW CAN IT BE it has to SOMEWHAT follow the same story, otherwise it would be halloween 3 and just mess the whole series up.

stugots said:
even tho I do enjoy reading their reviews IGN has a VERY weird way about them.

biggest thing that pisses me off about them is the fact that they usually rate a sequel lower because its "not original" HOW CAN IT BE it has to SOMEWHAT follow the same story, otherwise it would be halloween 3 and just mess the whole series up.
yeah youre right on the sequel part. they usually do rate it lower and that is stupid, they should rate it for the amount of replayability and content it adds to the original formula.

Gikoku said:
Actually, he's the creator of FF 1 - 9.. He left before 10

Actually he was the executive producer for FFX.

I for one can't wait to play Lost Odyssey, watching the videos takes me back to my favourite days of gaming.

Back