McDonalds Monopoly!

I used to think so too. But then as I got smarter, the truth took away from the enjoyment. Like those sneakers don't feel so comfortable when you see the kids under 10 working in sweatshops to make them for pennies a day. Or a pillow not so soft if you find out it was stuffed with the fur of newborn kittens.

As I began to realize what that "good" tasting food was doing to me, I stopped associating high-fat and high-salt with "tastes good". Now, the foods that "taste so good" to me are actually the ones that are good for me.

Where you eat:
fat_kid.jpg

Where I eat:
main-pic.jpg

Yeah, if I'm going to toss money away on something I have very little odds of winning I'll just buy a Lotto ticket vs. subjecting myself to toxic fast food products :D

At any rate, what's the super-duper top prize now?

^That was rather good.

It still amazes me how great of a sales ploy this is. They've combined the most widely known board game with actual prizes and addictivity through collection. Brilliant.

I'll always be pro-fast food, but I can hardly choke down McDonalds. If Burger King of Wendy's were to have one, I would surely win.

Awesome, I never Win but it doesn't hurt trying...oh wait it does :lol:

Seriously though, me and a few friends will probably put some of our stuff together to improve our chances.

I've never played it.. or attempted to, I hardly eat at McDonald's. Wendy's, Burger King, Subway... But no McDee's.. I'll maybe buy something sometime soon, just to see what everyones talking about.

This would make for a terrific debate thread. If only we had a forum for that kind of stuff...

Hint Hint

Well make me a mod and I'll move it. *hint hint*

Anyway, Burger King is as bad as McDonald's, health-wise. Don't kid yourselves.

I really hope you weren't referring to me.

Yeah, I'm that one kid thats striving to become ~250 lbs of lean muscle mass. Burger King is a perfect meal for me. Period.

How does a meal overflowing with saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium help to build lean muscle mass?

Just curious. Since even just a Whopper w/ cheese contains 18 GRAMS of saturated fat. (49g of fat total).

Most body builders are striving for high-protein, low-fat. You know, the "lean" of "lean muscle mass".

LevesqueIsKing said:
This would make for a terrific debate thread.

If the debate is whether or not fast food like McDonalds and Burger King is healthy or not - there's no debate - it's a medical and scientific fact it isn't.

It may help you load up with calories, but there are a number of peripheral, negative side effects beyond just the calorie count.

Last edited:
sremick said:
How does a meal overflowing with saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium help to build lean muscle mass?

Just curious. Since even just a Whopper w/ cheese contains 18 GRAMS of saturated fat. (49g of fat total).

Most body builders are striving for high-protein, low-fat. You know, the "lean" of "lean muscle mass".
There is no 'average' bodybuilder. Everyone has different body types. I am an ectomorph. I must consume over 6,000 calories on a daily basis to gain just a small amount of weight. Fast food is packed with calories, protein and carbs, which is everything I need in a meal. And just for your general knowledge, you don't put on lean muscle mass, you achieve it. Its nearly impossible to gain muscle without gaining fat, which is why many lifters go through bulk and cut cycles; bulk the muscle on along with the fat, cut the fat off while losing minimal muscle.

I'm not very educated on the health aspect of this, but it is of less concern to me. Once I reach my maintenance weight I suppose I'll worry about that. Does cardiovascular exercise help undo those effects?

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. I'll be done now.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I'm not very educated on the health aspect of this, but it is of less concern to me.
Body building with no regard or interest on body health? Interesting philosophy.

Does cardiovascular exercise help undo those effects?
Only to a certain extent. You're operating under a few misunderstandings:

1) Everything negative done to your body can be (easily) undone

2) A high fat, high sodium, high cholesterol diet is the only way to get a lot of protein

I'm well aware of the "build up the bulk, burn off the fat" theory but why create such a massive amount of extra work for yourself by finding the absolute worse sources of protein you can?

Let me put it in terms that might directly interest you:

- A high-sodium diet causes high blood pressure. More fluid is retained in the blood vessels. As a result, your heart has to work all the harder to pump blood to the tissues of your body. This has a negative effect on your workout. Hypertension also increases your chances of heart attacks and strokes.

- Too much cholesterol causes fatty deposits to build up in your arteries. This restricts blood flow making it hard for your muscles (and your heart) to get the oxygen they need. This increases the chance of a heart attack. Decreased blood to the brain increases your chance of a stroke.

How exactly are those beneficial to a bodybuilding workout?

If you need a lot of protein, fine: bulk up on eggs, lean meat (pork, fish, chicken). Heck you can get 95+% lean red meat.

Back