Got VirtuaTennis 2009 Today!

Yes, my dad will like EA tiger woods PGA 2010 same with EA grand slam tennis.
and i never was a golfer, rarely played wii golf but i totally love the EA tiger woods PGA 2010 golf.
love the live tournaments online and Frisbee golf is so-so.

Last edited:
hrm. seems that they havent nailed tennis yet but they have with the golf.

im still playing TW 09 so i might wait till TW 11 before buying it.

as for tennis, this is the first attempt at WMP controls so maybe VT 10 will be a lot better.

im expecting that wii sports resort will be the best as far as showing what WMP+ can really do but I give props to VT its a good first effort and im sure that as developers play around with WMP+ more they will get the hang of it.

what do amazon people know any way ha ha. I played online and it worked pretty well, no lag or anything but there was one annoying thing that happened once in a while where the ball would like dissapear for a sec when a player is about to hit, it can kinda throw you of because you think you won the point and then the ball comes flying back at you. but other wise no complaints im really enjoying VT.

what do amazon people know any way ha ha. I played online and it worked pretty well, no lag or anything but there was one annoying thing that happened once in a while where the ball would like dissapear for a sec when a player is about to hit, it can kinda throw you of because you think you won the point and then the ball comes flying back at you. but other wise no complaints im really enjoying VT.

I noticed that on VT there's a meter bar on top of players. What is that for? Is there an option to take it off? Is it better w/ it off? Thanks! I can count on your tips cuz I used to play you on Madden.

the bar is only on when you are not using WM+ it helps with timing your shot that's all. it can be turned off though, personally I haven't actually played much with the bar since I use WM+ but the one time I played WM+ I would have to say the bar didn't bother me that much and did actually help with timing my shots.

Okay, I'm a dork. I ordered VT09 and TW10 for PS3. TW showed up today (thank goodness for closeby sellers on eBay). Been playing it for the last hour. The graphics are phenominal. I mean, the WIi graphics are really great, but TW in HD is fantastic!!

Honestly, TW on Wii is easier to play with WMP... but I sure like being able to sit here doing real work, while playing holes in between waiting for pages to load, files to upload, etc, etc. Don't have to get up or anything. ;)

Rob

Well, the graphics on PS3 are always better than Wii. But like you said, you can just sit at your desk and play with PS3. The whole reason for the Wii is to get up and move, to be involved in the experience.

I'm liking the VT so far with the MotionPlus. I'm not using a nunchuk though. I want as close to a real tennis experience as I can get and having to deal with the nunchuk just doesn't do it for me.

Yeah I'm like you, I want a real tennis experience too, and the nunchuck just gets in the way.

I was playing GST some more tonight after reading over on the EA Forums and had it figured out a little better than before. Still annoying beyond description, but it's not a total waste now. Maybe tomorrow I'll fire VT back up and see if the same things apply. If so, I'll put my friend code back up and maybe we can try a game sometime. ;)

I definitely prefer TW on the Wii. I've been playing with the PS3 version for the last hour, and it just doesn't feel natural at all, compared to the Wii version.

Rob

I never got a Tiger Woods game before this one and I'm very happy I did. Everything about this years TW makes it awesome for me. I love the boxart, the wiimotion+, the live tournaments, the number of courses, the ease of online play. Disc golf would be cool with friends alone its alright. It definitely shows the possibilites for motion+ though. I haven't even tried any of the party games and I've been playing it every day like 36-54 holes. I really love the way you get stat points and spend them to make your golfer better.

Is wii sports resort supposed to have golf? I didn't know that. I might not have got tiger woods if I'd known but so far its been a blast.

If the Wii Sports Resort has golf, I can't imagine that it will be anywhere near the quality of the TW golf. I would think it would be just a short golf game like the one in Wii Sports. I'm not really a golfer and don't know if I would take the time to play the golf, but I'm sure tempted to get it just reading the reviews here. The disc golf sounds cool too.

Back