Metroid Prime 3 vs Halo 3

What's your preferance?

• Total voters
Gymdawg said:
Tell me why. Just give me a reason. What has it improved? How was the industry bettered by it's creation?
I'm not trying to prove you a fanboy or make you look foolish, I'm just sick of "everyone" saying that and yet never presenting any justification.
And I appologize for singling you out, in a sense.
Have you ever played Halo? You said in your original post that you've never played the single player, but have you played the multiplayer? Have you played either Halo or Halo 2? Well, first pick up the original (and in my opinion, better in terms of single player) Halo and play through the single player on medium difficulty and tell me it's not fun. The A.I. of the enemies is fantastic, the vehicles are both fun and strategic (the alien vehicles are quite interesting, most of them hover), the music is both beautiful and in certain spots terrifying, the scope of the action is unlike any shooter of it's time, and I haven't even talked about the horribly fun multiplayer, which only got better in Halo 2. All these things add up to make Halo an outstanding game series.

Gymdawg said:
Tell me why. Just give me a reason. What has it improved? How was the industry bettered by it's creation?
I'm not trying to prove you a fanboy or make you look foolish, I'm just sick of "everyone" saying that and yet never presenting any justification.
And I appologize for singling you out, in a sense.

Halo has pushed the boundaries of how fun multiplayer on a console can be, and it has brilliant graphics, and the AI is awsome

Also, Off topic, what does your sig mean?, is that guy faux?

I think that Halo games did get the idea from the Metroid series. Metroid Prime came out 2 years before the first Halo game ever did.:)

Seems like an unfair question for the crowd in this NINTENDO forum....but I'm staying steady and saying Halo3, no questions.

While the Wii really rocks with the VC, Zelda, and the upcoming SSBB and MG, theres no chance Metroid 3 can take on Halo 3 as a FPS. Its the biggest reason I inted to get an Xbox 360 someday (GoW and Halo Wars too :p)

Oh and as an afterthought....Halo 3 with the Wiimote.....ooooohhhhh if only....:thumbsup:

im voting for ho 3 because i just love the game. I got the game with my xbox when i first got it and i have loved it ever since. Bought the second and it was still amazing. The gameplay is amazing and he story line is so uniqe. I love the game and i have never played a metroid game. I plan on getting three tho cos it looks alright.

lelando said:
im voting for ho 3 because i just love the game. I got the game with my xbox when i first got it and i have loved it ever since. Bought the second and it was still amazing. The gameplay is amazing and he story line is so uniqe. I love the game and i have never played a metroid game. I plan on getting three tho cos it looks alright.

You just like Samus for SSB then I assume? :p

Squall7 said:
Although you have to bear in mind that Halo 2 and 3 trailer showed no gameplay footage. In contrast, Metroid 3 was focused on gameplay.

Thats only half true, the Halo 3 trailer was taken using the new in game recording feature and is actual gameplay and not rendered. While it may or may not be representing a level you will encounter when it is released, it is indeed gameplay.

Back