Metroid Prime 3 VS Halo 3

WII60 said:
how would you know if you liked halo, if you didnt have it?
Ya know, i could of sworn that i posted that i played Halo at a friends house?

But then again, maybe you didnt read it! So let me post it again, and this time in red letters, i played it at my FRIENDS HOUSE!!!

gamer24 west said:
It's obvious Halo3 gonna win there is no competition i hate halo but there's no denying it!!:mad5:

You must have lost all hope my little man, just because Halo as been crowned the best first shooter for idk how many years, doesnt mean its going to stay on top forever as the best fps..... I still believe that MP3 has a chance in being the best fps, but yes you are right xbox does have the fps shooters around, but look at the wii-mote and nunchuck, looks like wii got a mouse keyboard, what im saying is dont doubt nintendo now just yet!!!

There's no way Halo 3 would lose this. MP3 has lost out because it's not offering online, and Halo games online are unbelievably popular. I never liked Halo 2, but loved Halo, and I recon this will be better then numero 2 anyway. If MP3 had online and good online, I MIGHT reconsider, though I feel the Halo franchise is more popular than Nintendo's Metroid Prime series.

Halo may be more popular, but is it better?

Sure maybe Metroid prime 1 and 2 didn't have online, but the 1-player dominated. Halo has terrible 1-player. I have never played Metroid Prime 1, but I played Metroid Prime 2, and it is a GREAT game. It is also challenging and a long game, and the boss battles are amazing. And my friend said Metroid Prime one was MUCH better.

So is Halo better? NO. It is just more popular

Nfanboy said:
Halo may be more popular, but is it better?

Sure maybe Metroid prime 1 and 2 didn't have online, but the 1-player dominated. Halo has terrible 1-player. I have never played Metroid Prime 1, but I played Metroid Prime 2, and it is a GREAT game. It is also challenging and a long game, and the boss battles are amazing. And my friend said Metroid Prime one was MUCH better.

So is Halo better? NO. It is just more popular

It's more popular BECAUSE it's better. Did that never cross you mind?

I also don't get why people are always slagging off Halo 1 player. First of all is co-op. Which instantly puts it about 3 levels above Metroid. Plus halo has HUGE environments, more than 30x bigger than anything in the metroid series, tons of vehicles. and AI which is dozens of times better than anything in Metroid.

For instance the most emnemies io ever fought at once in metroid was 7 (i mean sentiet beings like space pirates not just beasts)

In halo1 theres this scence where you come acroos this huge battel between about 100 covenant's, 50 flood and a shitload of sentinals. Just putting in one bullet can change the entire flow of that battle and that shows just how impressive the halo engine/AI is comparte to Metroid. \

Halo>pwns metroid

Metriod Prime, i dont really know. I had mixed feeling for this game. It was good story and play but the controls and enemies really kept me from getting into it. The controls for a FPS were sub-par. I would want to use the C-stick to look and found myself switching weapons. Holding the R button wasnt bad but since i couldnt move and aim, it wasnt a good thing. Auto lock on made it easier to target but also made it more boring to fight. Some enemies seem to just, live, not really trying to attack. Most would get in the way and provide an anoyence. Going back to the same spots a lot got old and with limited scenery, it would start to have a deja'vu feeling.

Halo had more solid controls with more areas and more enemies. There really isnt much wrong with Halo.

In this case, Halo beats traditional Metriod Prime.

gpoleweski said:
vehicles? aren't there like 5 in halo? I could be wrong, never played it in my life.

P.S sorry if I am wrong, so don't go too hard on me

ok maby not tons.......but still 5 more than metroid! :lol:

SamuS said:
It's more popular BECAUSE it's better. Did that never cross you mind?

I also don't get why people are always slagging off Halo 1 player. First of all is co-op. Which instantly puts it about 3 levels above Metroid. Plus halo has HUGE environments, more than 30x bigger than anything in the metroid series, tons of vehicles. and AI which is dozens of times better than anything in Metroid.

For instance the most emnemies io ever fought at once in metroid was 7 (i mean sentiet beings like space pirates not just beasts)

In halo1 theres this scence where you come acroos this huge battel between about 100 covenant's, 50 flood and a shitload of sentinals. Just putting in one bullet can change the entire flow of that battle and that shows just how impressive the halo engine/AI is comparte to Metroid. \

Halo>pwns metroid
Okay first off, in Metroid you have an entire planet where you can go just about anywhere..I'd say that pretty big.

Metroid doesnt need vechiles to be good...but in a way Samus herself could be one as the morph ball...there are gun turrents you can use sometimes mind.

I personally find the idea of hundreds of creatures with various levels of inteligence and their own personal tactics more impressive that 50 mindless soliders...

Jay61 said:
Okay first off, in Metroid you have an entire planet where you can go just about anywhere..I'd say that pretty big.

You cant go anywhere, only where they let you and you have to anyways cause they put items in every corner. I wouldnt consider narrow passages 'free roaming'.

Metroid doesnt need vechiles to be good...but in a way Samus herself could be one as the morph ball...there are gun turrents you can use sometimes mind.

The morphball isnt a vehicle. She doesnt need one anyways due to the fact there is a door every 5-20 feet.

I personally find the idea of hundreds of creatures with various levels of inteligence and their own personal tactics more impressive that 50 mindless soliders...
I dont think they vary in intelligence considering once you beat one of that type, you do the same thing to kill the next of that type.

I would rather fight 50 zombies then 5 things that fly at you and blow up.

They arent all corridors dude, the drifts for one is huge...as are many arenas of the planet.

And thats a terrible example of an enemy, even though if one of those catch you usually about 5 more do too...which hurts, the pirates are a way better...they leap down from the ceiling at you, charge, slash and shoot, as well as diving to attempt to get away from your beam.

Metroids take forever to blast, diving and swooping around like annoying bats, also they lauch onto you and drain your health vey quickly if your not careful.

Shegoths again charge and slam you into submission, although they have the added danger of freezing you to the spot, and even when your not near then they can shoot balls of ice towards you.

The robotic sentry bots scrambling your visor and pummeling you with its duel machine guns is another example of an enemy where you have to be careful.

Then theres the bosses that fill up rooms at a time where you need to think how you can take them down...like Halo where the enemys weakpoint is well...eveywhere.

In my experence five space pirates are harder than multiple enemys at once in Halo.

I agree with everything youve said Jay61.

Space Pirates are tough and they take skill to beat, not just a big gun.

The worlds in Metroid are HUGE.

And yes the boss levels take a lot of skill and thinking to beat, in Halo, you can just use a big gun, and no skill.

Back