Metroid Prime 3 VS Halo 3

You walk around a vast, varied planet, only sometimes you'd be on ship...and I always found the Space Pirates smarter than the troops in Halo. But yeah, its your opinion which your intitled too...so each to their own :).

I just love how there are so many different creatures in Metroid..all of which have their own attack patterns and habitats.

<3

Jay61 said:
...so each to their own :).

Actually, I think the cliche your looking for is 'to each his own.'

Jay61 said:
I just love how there are so many different creatures in Metroid..all of which have their own attack patterns and habitats.

I definetly second that. You cant just memorize one attack scheme, or master one button combonation (eg bxr, bxb, bxl, the list goes on) to win in metroid. You have to be able to adapt to each oncoming enemy. I find that this is one of the most fun parts of the series. Each enemy has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. In fact, sometimes you can only beat an enemy if you scan it to find these things out, otherwise it is impossible.

Halo 3 will win....this shouldn't be a topic..There's no competition!!!

Halo will win...Im guessing 90% to 10% sales wise compared to Metroid.

Wiinter

Wiinter said:
First, "Real figures" was meant to be a relative comparative--to understand it's meaning as a header, you must read the figures, given by someone who disagreed with me.

Prior to your post (the one i took apart) no one else had posted any figures, considering that you are now saying your "real figures" were a "relative comparative", then when you wrote your post who's figures were you relating or comparing them to? As there were no other figures at that time for you to compare them to i have to assume they were related and comparative to nothing.

Or did you take jump into the future to see if anyone else would post figures, then zip back to the past and post a retrospective (from your time traveling perspective) "relative comparative"? Its nice to see that you not only indulge in arithmetical fantasy but also in literary fiction too, your nothing if not consistent.

Wiinter said:
but in no way apparent or otherwise was I claiming (and this is obvious in context) that that would be the actual adoption rates.

You at no time inferred that your figures were meaningful and factual? Yet when you refer back to prior posts you have said the following.

Wiinter said:
some of them are supported with meaningful facts

Something isn't adding up here, you cant decide if your statements are "real figures", "meaningful facts" or a "relative comparative".

Wiinter said:
Now, you're looking at opinions and saying, AHA! that's not a fact.

I only looked at your so called facts, sources, data and your conclusions. I have maintained all along that you are entitled to an opinion, but that it is nothing more than an opinion. So don't play the fool and pretend that i have looked at your opinion and debunked on the basis that an opinion isn't a fact.

Wiinter said:
You're looking at facts and critiquing them as not facts

I note that you have note responded to the questions i raised regarding your alleged facts, until you provide answers to the questions i raised regarding your data, sources, calculations and so on then your not in a position to say that i have been "looking at facts and critiquing them as not facts".

Wiinter said:
For instance, the alleged (and thusly quoted) 4 million Halo pre-order IS a fact.

It is a fact that the 4 million Halo preorder's are alleged (your source makes that clear), its good to see you actually admitting that one of your so called facts is alleged and not factual.

Wiinter said:
It does not mean that 4 million copes of Halo 3 have been pre-ordered, nor was it cited to support that idea.

I totally agree with you there, you did not at any time cite that source as a basis to support the idea that there were 4 million pre-orders (nor have i ever said that you did this).

Wiinter said:
7-15 million copies (my own estimate based on the supposedly 4 million preorders already in place)

Instead you cited that source plus the alleged 4 million figure and used it as a basis to create your own figure of the total number of expected sales.

Wiinter said:
But what I have done is fundamentally different from pulling claims out of my colon.

That's exactly what you have done, you took an unverified and alleged fact and then used it as a basis to support your own fictional figure of 7-15 million.

Wiinter said:
You seem to think that because there is wiggle room in the facts presented, that there are no facts.

What facts? You haven't actually provided any "facts" that stand up to the slightest scrutiny, nor will you answer the questions I have raised regarding your alleged facts, data, calculations, methodology or sources! Before you have the effrontery to talk of "facts" I would refer you to my previous post and ask that you deal with the questions raised.

As you will remember i have continually called your facts, figures and the conclusion you draw from conjecture, and thats what they are. There's very little point in answering the rest of your post, your just babbling on about nothing relevant and gives some further examples of conjecture.

Regards
Funky Gibbon

Last edited:
+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
ANyone Who Has Played Halo 1 & 2 Will Surely Say Halo 3... It's Gonna Be Great And The Beta ersion Is AWESOME!!!

Any One Who has Played Halo Game And Still Chooses MP3 Is An Idiot... -_-

An idiot huh? So your saying people who are on this forum that state their own opinions on games are idiots just because they think that one game is better than the other......:shocked: My question is, who made you king to say that!!!:mad5: I dont really give a fvck what anyone else thinks of what i post, i say whatever i want firmly without being a scary a** hole!!!!

And you know what, i believe that MP3 can be as good or even better than the Halo series, and if you havent noticed theres more peeps out their who love MP than Halo, because it came out way before HALO, this is the game peeps have been playing since the NES days, so really if you think im gonna back down just cause you said anyone who thinks MP3 is better than Halo is an IDIOT, pssss am i suppose to be scared or something?:scared: (hahahaha, sarcasm) well im gonna standup for myself and anyone who thinks MP is a good game, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!!

Last edited:
i agree i have played halo 1 and 2 and well they are fun but not as fun as metroid prime. Metroid is way more developed and has a very original story... halo one super human spartan saves the earth from aliens thats super original or NOT! and i just like like the adventure parts of Metroid and the control scheme to me its more fun

well it's official that theres no WI-FI on MP3, sooo halo 3 will dominate!
CyanRussel said:
An idiot huh? So your saying people who are on this forum that state their own opinions on games are idiots just because they think that one game is better than the other......:shocked: My question is, who made you king to say that!!!:mad5: I dont really give a fvck what anyone else thinks of what i post, i say whatever i want firmly without being a scary a** hole!!!!

And you know what, i believe that MP3 can be as good or even better than the Halo series, and if you havent noticed theres more peeps out their who love MP than Halo, because it came out way before HALO, this is the game peeps have been playing since the NES days, so really if you think im gonna back down just cause you said anyone who thinks MP3 is better than Halo is an IDIOT, pssss am i suppose to be scared or something?:scared: (hahahaha, sarcasm) well im gonna standup for myself and anyone who thinks MP is a good game, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!!
Oh yeah, that kinda made you a scary a$$ hole(jk)
But you are on a WII forum, so technically a nintendo forum so people are gonna like Metroid better if they came to a Nintendo forum.
Go to xboxforum everyone will love Halo and say it's better than metroid.

hybrid

Last edited:
WII60 said:
Dont you play games for the single campaign though?
yeah, but soooo many people like to play online with the sad news of no WI-FI for MP3 will make alot of fans disappointed.
And think when your done a the campaign for MP3 and your bored of it...
your gonna stop playing it.
But for Halo, when your bored of the campaign, you have online and that can be one of the most addictive things in the world(like GRAW online... yum).

Ill have to say without online play, MP3 will have a rough path laid out if its trying to compete with Halo 3. Besides
having multiplayer, it will also be the last one to grace the franchise. With that said, people will be swarming to it just to "Finish the fight" and see how the series will end.

Knowing it wont be the end for Metriod, it wont have as much of a 'gotta have now' feeling.

So in terms of "Who will sell the most" I will safely say Halo 3.

Hybrid said:
well it's official that theres no WI-FI on MP3, sooo halo 3 will dominate!

Oh yeah, that kinda made you a scary a$$ hole(jk)
But you are on a WII forum, so technically a nintendo forum so people are gonna like Metroid better if they came to a Nintendo forum.
Go to xboxforum everyone will love Halo and say it's better than metroid.

hybrid

Hey, if i liked xbox and i had a GC, id still go with MP3, so dont go into CONCLUSIONS!:mad5: p.s. didnt see that (j/k) so disregard the statement

Last edited:
WII60 said:
Dont you play games for the single campaign though?

I never played Halo for the single campaign (sometimes I played the campaign to practice marksmanship in anticipation of a grudgematch)--and although when I do get MP3C (either immediately if it comes with online or a year later used without it), I'll enjoy the single-player campaign, the life-span of the game without online competition will be fraction of what it could have been. Thus the game without the online is worth far less money to me.

The truth is, I don't want a Halo clone. My limited experience thus far with Metroid Prime (currently playing the GC version) says it has a better 1player experience--and I'm SO looking forward to the Wii's control scheme over any gamepad. But if I'm going to spend $50 on a game made in 2007, online modes are pretty essential part of their lifespan.

Hopefully it's mechanics are carefully watched and followed by FPS's for the system (are you listening Ubisoft?), and it's impact spreads far beyond itself.

Last edited:
Back