Metroid Prime 3

na34

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2007
Is this game like Halo with it being all shooting or is it more like RE4, with exploration and finding items?

It's more about exploring and backtracking, which sounds tedious but isn't as bad as in some other games when you miss one item and have to go all the way through a level to find it. In Metroid there's real incentive to go back since you get access to new places in older levels as you progress. There is a fair amount of shooting though, and the gameplay in the shooting can be compared more to Halo than to RE in my opinion.

It is in First Person Perspective, but most people know the series for its exploration rather then its shooting. Collecting items, exploring new areas and solving puzzles are the basis to a Metroid game. However, shooting does play a big role, and it has been said that Corruption will have the most fighting action of any Metroid game. However, the reason some people are against online is because they think it would be against the series morals, which, most people will agree, stand for exploration over shooting. In a sense, it is much like the Zelda series.

Have a good stay at WiiChat and be sure to rep if you find any information helpful.

It's alot like a Zelda game but but with the FPS aspect. Very fun but difficult too. About 30 hours unless you go for 100%, then you can expect a little longer. Definitley has alot of replay value though with the incentive of going back to get everything for a better ending. Definitely compare it much more to Halo than RE.

Didn't the Metroid DS game have online? I'm pretty sure it had good feedback from the players too, so I'm not sure about that moral issue.

^I didnt say the majority were against it, I said some people were against it. Mostly the veterans of the series. Personally, I started with Prime 1 and I would love to see it go online.

WiiBad: lol I think saying that it takes a 'little longer' to complete it 100% is a bit of an understatement. It would take longer to beat a metroid game 100% then a zelda game.

LevesqueIsKing said:
^lol I think saying that it takes a 'little longer' to complete it 100% is a bit of an understatement. It would take longer to beat a metroid game 100% then a zelda game.
Except for maybe Twilight Princess, I agree. It took me about 35 hours to beat Metroid Prime at 73%, Twilight Princess without all the bugs and stuff took me about twice that.

it sounds like a good game and I have never heard of a shooting game being 30 hours long since I had an xbox before and most of them were 10 hours or less. But I really think the Wii needs a good online shooter. I love shooting games on the wii, but they are not great split screen. A online shooter would be great though. I am hoping the new medal of honour game is really good.

na34 said:
it sounds like a good game and I have never heard of a shooting game being 30 hours long since I had an xbox before and most of them were 10 hours or less. But I really think the Wii needs a good online shooter. I love shooting games on the wii, but they are not great split screen. A online shooter would be great though. I am hoping the new medal of honour game is really good.
Let's hope so - although it sounds like it's a PSP port with a new mode. It could be fun though.
I loved the first Metroid Prime, but I never played the second. I would suggest you buy or rent it. I found a used version for $5.

I need a gamecube controller for it right?

It has nothing to do with the type of game as Halo or RE4. MP3 is a game based mostly in exploration than in action/shooting, expect something slow (don't smash your head in the screen!!!), and it's a game that you will need to be paitent..

Although I never played MP 1 & 2, so I'm very looking forward to actually get my fingers in that damn boxcase jeez :sick:

someone mentioned that MP3 is more shooting then the other two and i hope so because the slowest shooting game I have ever played is RE 4 and it is that by a lot.

Back