MMORPG For The Wii - The Petition!

I'd only play it if it were free to play. Nintendo seems like it would be good at that though. Maybe offer some expansion packs periodically that you can buy with Wii points. Who knows?

I hope Square does do the MMO Mana game, that seems like it could have a lot of potential.

On a side note, if any sort of Earthbound comes out for DS, I'm buying it! That makes me want to go make a Ness Mii :)

Lego_Army_Man said:
I'd only play it if it were free to play. Nintendo seems like it would be good at that though. Maybe offer some expansion packs periodically that you can buy with Wii points. Who knows?

:)

that sounds like a cooler idea but i mean even if they didnt go down the MMO path maybe make sommit like diable 2 expansion, i mean it had a limited environment but a huuuuuge player base and was free

Lego_Army_Man said:

I hope Square does do the MMO Mana game, that seems like it could have a lot of potential.

On a side note, if any sort of Earthbound comes out for DS, I'm buying it! That makes me want to go make a Ness Mii :)

Dude why wouldnt you pay? Its a fricken MMORPG game and like all other MMORPG games you have to pay [except for all the crap ones like Runescape and MapleStory] All the good MMORPG games on the PC you have to pay! So why not pay now?

yeeeeah i suppose u gotta point, like wow is worth it...the only thing that may prevent paying is if its inhibitively expensive. although in some cases people who already play MMOs may have to choose between one or the other :p

I would gladly pay and so would most people that I know but then again we have been paying for years so we are used to it......I usually pay 2 MMORPG's monthly. Right now only one and Im about to cancel that one....the MMORPG front is pretty sad these days.

Icetrash said:
Dude why wouldnt you pay? Its a fricken MMORPG game and like all other MMORPG games you have to pay [except for all the crap ones like Runescape and MapleStory] All the good MMORPG games on the PC you have to pay! So why not pay now?

/Loser? I play Guild Wars pretty much every day. Best game of all time (After OoT). That has no monthly fee, just a one-off payment, and it's my favourite MMO.

I have hardly ANY experience with MMOs (level 6 WoW Tauren)(but then again I use a friends account) but I think we need and MMO on the Wii. I would pay for it...maybe not a LoZ MMO, but that's because I don't know how they'd make one. Any MMO for this system would be swiit

COLDshiver said:
I would very much like Guild Wars on the Wii, as i play it almost daily on my computer :D Since the GW system works perfectly with the Wii. The only problem is the ever changing world and patches that Guild Wars gets often. I don't know how the Wii will manage with 512mb. Maybe a 1gb sd card must be required.

Any other MMO will be harder because you have to pay for it.

It would be almost impossible since you have to download all the maps and stuff...unless they let you have like an external hard drive...i mean I just checked how big my guild wars folder is...2.4 gb...i guess i have most areas and all the arenas and stuff downloaded also factions and nightfall so i guess thats why its big but still...that'd have to be either a 2gb SD card or an external heh...

Icetrash said:

Guild Wars is pretty sweet, and has no monthly fee. I didn't mean that the game itself should be free, I'm entirely willing to spend the $50 on that. I just meant that if it had a monthly fee, I'd probably steer away from it.

bigstrickler said:
It would be almost impossible since you have to download all the maps and stuff...unless they let you have like an external hard drive...

Keep in mind that the disk itself will have a good amount of stuff on it. They could always package the game with a 1GB SD card, and that should be plenty. The game would be on the disc, and your character could be on the server, while all your maps and things could be on the SD card. Seperate card for the MMO alone, and you'd be all set. It might have some pretty ridiculous load times though.

I'd love to see Age of Conan on the Wii... I would 100% get that for the Wii, but I'm not even going to get my hopes up. :cryin:

Nicod3mus said:
SOE is the publisher...sigil is the developer. Sigil has some type of partnership in the publishing wich is uncommon but Sigil is still the developer and SOE is the publisher. I am in the beta as well.

Untrue, Sigil owns the rights to co-publish with SOE. Thus SOE is their co-publisher.

It is uncommon, yes. But they really hold 60% of the publishing rights (they own the game and can always take away SOE's publishing rights), while 40% is for SOE (distribution, technical support, etc). Sigil is developing the game, although they are not developing it for one company, but they decided to choose SOE to distribute their game because SOE does that very well.

Last edited:
It wouldn't get far. I guarantee it. I'm an avid MMO player. I played Dark Age of Camelot and WoW for years and years.

Point 1: The thing that won't let MMO take off on a console is the lack of a keyboard and I'll be damned if I'm buying a keyboard for a console game. In an MMO you have to be able to communicate back and forth and not have canned "Do you want to group and kill these NPCs?" messages you can spam. Then if you hook up a keyboard you would constantly be having to toss down your Wii-mote and nunchuck to type on it.

Point 2: The thing that's made MMOs on PCs popular is the fact almost everyone has a computer. All the subscriptions on PC MMOs draw from a possible pool of almost everyone being able to buy the game without extra equipment (IE a specific console). Let's say 80% of the population owns a gaming console (INSANE OVERESTIMATION) and I'll even say 40% of that 80% own a Wii as opposed to a 360 or PS3 (INSANE OVERESTIMATION). That's only 40% of 80% of people in the world even have a CHANCE at playing this game and even then not everyone will. There's not enough of a player pool for one to really do anything. FFXI for PS2 was a flop.

Point 3: Graphics. Most MMOs require a decent box to register 30, 40, 50, 75 people in one spot. A Wii couldn't handle that at all. It would freeze faster than a bulls nuts on a pole in Antarctica.

Back