MMORPG For The Wii - The Petition!

Mais said:
Point 3: Graphics. Most MMOs require a decent box to register 30, 40, 50, 75 people in one spot. A Wii couldn't handle that at all. It would freeze faster than a bulls nuts on a pole in Antarctica.

That's bulllshit, and alot of people would agree. FFXI was not a flop on PS2. I met around 40 people on that game, only 3 played on PC. The Wii can handle graphics far superior to the PS2's. FFXI has good enough graphics for any hardcore grinder. If they could enhance those and shove a new game on Wii then we'd be set.

The one thing that prohibits Wii from ever haviong a 'proper' MMO is the fowl friend codes system.

I guess, FFXI had almost NO PvP system. An MMORPG on the Wii would be better if there was no PvP. It would all have to be grinding, farming, and killing the same monsters over and over again. I would love to fight someone in a PvP MMO who was using a console. They can't select spells fast enough. You have to go through a menu and hit a couple buttons to case a spell. If you wanna get fast you can remember that hitting R2 and Triangle cast this spell R1 and Square cast this spell (This is the best way I can think for this to work). Even then you can hit one key on a keyboard and cast a spell.

Then theres talking and interaction like I mentioned. You don't get the same feel. If I were playing an MMORPG on my computer, I would personally hope that the console players got their own server. I wouldn't play with any of you if you were on a console instead of a PC. And, I still think that a console can't handle a bunch of people in one spot. If any of you play World of Warcraft, think of trying to run through Orgrimmar during peek play times on a console. The Wii would explode.

Glad you guys didn't even take the time to think about it!

I can tell you right now the Wii isn't capable of any awsome MMORPG.
At the best you'll get something like Runescape...

StevenNevets said:
Glad you guys didn't even take the time to think about it!

I can tell you right now the Wii isn't capable of any awsome MMORPG.
At the best you'll get something like Runescape...

Haha, Runescape.

You could have a MMO won't be anything like WoW but it could happen if you just adjust how many people can be on a server. I would be all for a Zelda MMO but that will never happen so maybe a completely original MMO?

NO NO NO

1. If We gamers let our gates open to mmo players, what use to be computre geek, will now be wii geek.

2. to complicated, Wii can go online and will have tons of fun adventure, fighting, shooters, puzzel, racing, ect. games in the near future.

3. I use to, and play mmos, its not what nintendo wants. Emagain the runescape kids comming to the wii MMO?

4. Controler would be to hard to use online.

5. you can already go on the net, with the full verison of the internet channel you can play simple mmos already.

Shut up fanboy.

1) Doubt it, no real computer geek is gonna fork up $325 for a Wii, when they can put that money towards pimpin' out their computer.

2) What if we don't want "tons of fun adventure, fighting, shooters, puzzel, racing, ect. games," what if we want and MMO?

3) How do you know it's not what Nintendo wants? Oh yeah, 'Emagain'? Whazzat? Oh, is it supposed to be 'imagine'? If it is, whats so bad about more people coming to the Wii MMO, more people to play with. And you should probably end that with a period, not even God knows the answer to that question-that's-not-a-question.

4) That's why Nintendo or a 3rd party company makes a keyboard or something that will help.

5) We don't want a simple MMO, that's what a PC is for. I agree, PC is also for MMOs, but we want one on the Wii. 360 and PS2 has one, why not Nintendo?

It's not a matter of wanting one... It's that it's not capable of one...

Online Functionality = barely there, obiously the biggest problem
keyboard support = not there at all... typing for hours with the wii-mote, no thanks.
graphics = ugh, good enough I guess (for runescape graphics)
controlls = if you think you'd actualy use the controller as anything more then a pointer to browse and perhaps walk... think again

I never said that one wont be made because they don't want to. I know it's not possible, let's face it, when it comes to amazing hardware, the Wii just doesn't meet par. But he just gave some really crappy points. And if they ever did make an MMO, I'm pretty sure they'd make a keyboard, or "Wiiboard" or something similar.

StevenNevets said:
It's not a matter of wanting one... It's that it's not capable of one...

Online Functionality = barely there, obiously the biggest problem
keyboard support = not there at all... typing for hours with the wii-mote, no thanks.
graphics = ugh, good enough I guess (for runescape graphics)
controlls = if you think you'd actualy use the controller as anything more then a pointer to browse and perhaps walk... think again

To be completely honest I most likely would not play mmorpg on Wii but I still think Wii would be best console for mmorpg.

Online functionality: would be there for it's release so where is the problem?
Keyboard support: with usb keyboard like computer. Even without onscreen keyboard for talking is still hell of a lot better than using game pad to write.
Graphics: Wii is fully capable to graphic level of World of Warcraft. Only real bottleneck is memory as most of the mmos require rather high amount of memory due nature of enviroment. Still if PS2 could handle mmorpg I se no reason why Wii would not be able to handle it with some good programming.
Controlls: If it would be multiplatform release you are most likely right cause other method of controlling would cause disadvantage to Wii user but if it would be released to Wii only there is no reason not to use it for something else too. And no I don't think wii mote would be used as a sword or melee weapon that would not really be practical on mmorpg.

I think what I would like to see is not some fantasy based game but a sci-fi something like Freelance meets Fallout. Something post apocalyptic space traveling with spaceships that are from time before apocalypse and are barely holding it together. Here the pointer of will would be awesome just like mouse. Lets say you get in to space combat or in fire fight and when you do you get a small window with a picture of your opponent. Now in that picture you could use your pointer to determinate desired point you are trying to shoot at. Some points cause more damage and have higher chance of critical and some points can disable leg/engines but those points are harder to hit ect. I think it would give some nice depth for a combat.

...You're idiots... Yeah, let's make a petition. THAT'S gonna make Nintendo develope an MMO. Really, either they're going to, or they have reasons not to that won't be changed by the ALREADY OBVIOUS demand for an MMO on the Wii. God...

Back