my wii is now MODDED

unggoy

wii like wii
Jan 11, 2007
Orlando FL
For some reason my other thread is missing...but this was my last post on that thread...

so i am in california for training for mal-practice insurance class, I brought my wii with me. I went shopping in LA, and stopped at a videogame store right outside LA and they MOD wii's so I brought my wii in the next day after I got out of the training and they kept my wii for 3 hours, paid, and now my JAP version of PLAY WORRRKKSSS!!!! w00000t w000000t, they say its the first customers wii that they modded, saaaaweeeeeeet. So when I come back to Orlando, I will be the first I believe to have a modded wii!!!!!

PS. they told me if anyone i know needs their wii modded refer them to. it only takes about a week to have your wii back in hand for out of state, so if you can bear not having the wii for a wiik, then PM me ill give your they're number

Which modchip did they install? Have you had time to test it thoroughly etc.

i brought it back to my hotel and i tried both the jap games, and the games i bought with me, and both worked just fine, the platform looks the same, and seems to be running as normal... :) I mean besides the fact that some of the jap game has japanese symbols instead of words, even if you switch to english. :/

EDIT: oh and I am actually not sure what chip they put in there.. sorry :(

Last edited:
umm my cousins bought that game fair and sqaure but besides all that... im orginally from the philippines, so my cousins send me games all the time. :) don't worry they still pay for them, thier not ripped or anything, don't worry

it is kinda stupid it isnt region free nothing stealing about that maybe you will play a game sooner then a friend but it will still be in japaneese..lol who knows maybe nintendo will notice this and make it region free in the future they arnt loosing any money over it just opening the market more

wezeles said:
it is kinda stupid it isnt region free nothing stealing about that maybe you will play a game sooner then a friend but it will still be in japaneese..lol who knows maybe nintendo will notice this and make it region free in the future they arnt loosing any money over it just opening the market more

actually most japanese games come with the option of it being in english, remember now, Enlish is the second language of the world. :D

Did they give you any advice regarding online updates? Is there a function to disable the chip?

If i were you i'd be a little careful with auto updates etc just in case.

i0n said:
Did they give you any advice regarding online updates? Is there a function to disable the chip?

If i were you i'd be a little careful with auto updates etc just in case.

well i asked about that they said it would be fine, I will keep you updated tho. :)
oh and there is a way to disable the chip they said, but i wasn't quite sure on how, i am going to go back there before I go home and ask.

Last edited:
Can you findout what mod chip you have so other can do the same.

Thanks

ics said:
Can you findout what mod chip you have so other can do the same.

Thanks

well like i said if you pm me I will give you all the information you need, there phone addy and everything

Im pretty sure its the CycloWiz chip, given that it's only just been made available and it offers an on/off switch aswell as updates via dvd.

i0n said:
Im pretty sure its the CycloWiz chip, given that it's only just been made available and it offers an on/off switch aswell as updates via dvd.

yea there is a new button i think i've never seen in the back, but i didnt' want totouch it cause i dont' know wat it does...

i0n said:

As far as I know, CycloWiz doesn't region unlock the Wii. Only WiiKey does that...but it's not out yet. Weird.

Grats though unggoy :D *PMs now*

Back