New SSBB Dojos Wii'd Like To See.

I have many theories about maps and characters. I don't think mixing and matching would work. It might turn into an RPG, and people with "better" characters would have an unfair advantage. Your face on the character would be stupid. I would rather see 3D pikachu then 3D ethachu. But then, I thought...

What about the WiFi 24 thing. It can download updates and things when it's not on. Think like this. Maybe nintendo releases a new character. It will be downloaded to the flash memory, which will then be imported into the game. The same with levels. Nintendo can add levels to the download list. Think of the possibilities. It might turn into a game like Star Wars Jedi Academy for PC where you can download a character or map off the internet, and people can download your characters if they don't have them. They shouldn't clutter up the cool character selection screen with fan-made characters. There should be a dropdown list for those. Who aggrees with some of my ideas?

I agree almost whole heartedly, eth123. Mapping faces onto characters would be pretty lame. Maybe if WiiConnect24 has a true profile system, rather than friend codes, it might be nice to be able to take a picture of yourself and put it on the profile, although this could be bad aswell because I'm guessing people's faces wouldn't be the only thing they'd take a picture of.

If Nintendo continues to update the character roster with new characters, this game would have a ton of replay value. As for user created characters, I'm not sure but perhaps user voted-on content? What I mean by this is maybe every 3-4 months, there would be 5 new characters created by Nintendo to choose from and players would vote for which they wanted the most. I don't mean they would create these characters and then have a vote, but just put up 5 characters that aren't in the game and the top two would then go into production. They could be free additions or for like $10 they would be downloaded to Wii.

Um, just wondering, what do you mean by "a dropdown list for those." I know you mean the fan-made characters, but do you mean they would be seperate from the Nintendo-created characters, or you could only use them against other user-created characters? Also, while I could see fans designing characters, how would they create the moves, some of which might be very complex?

Great ideas; really great.:)

Fighting on a pirate ship would be very cool, maybe when u got to near to a door or something skeleton pirates would come out and att. u.

But about them putting in SMG mario wouldn't change anything Nate, if u've noticed he's the exact same, he doesn't have any equipment on like in Sunshine. And who said that SMG was coming out after SSBB? I think it's coming out before, way before.

Oh well, just my opinions, I'll post some cool lvl's l8r.

Lol, when I was thinking about posting I was still on the 1st pg. now it's already to the 2nd pg. that went fast. It went too quick:tard:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or for those that have played Runscape or any other online RPG's there's always something getting added on by the administrators. Wut if it turned out like that, where Hal Lab was constantly adding things to the game, new lvl's, characters & settings. There could even be some type of homepage for it when u loaded the disc up somehow. What do u think? I'm not sure of how this could work but i'm getting really excited!....

And something that I was thinking about was if they made some parts of lvl's in 3rd-person. That would mean u could look left and right, like in a FPS. Like think about a labyrinth lvl. in online play, say they put 10 ppl starting out all in different places and when u met it was like in the maze in adventure mode where if u find a master sword u have to battle a link. The difference would be that when u found someone u would teleport to a different stage. Or maybe a forcefield would just go around u and ppl could stand by and watch ur fight until someone decided to fight u.

I've been thinking about this 3rd-person view thing for a while, plz express ur views about it, I may create a seperate thread for it...

3rd person view? do you mean 1st? because SSB is already like that. but i really like your labrynth idea. try to get to the end and fight people on the way:)

Well wut I mean is like instead of seeing the side of ur character....here imagine this, ur a camera, ur hovering about 10ft. in the air and ur behind ur character. Like in Ratchet & clank, Sonic and pretty much any game that's not an FPS. Do u understand?

*EDIT*FPS is when u can't see ur character at all, just ur weapon, that's not wut i'm talking about.

Even more brain storming! Hooray!

First, ssbb_lover, your post about a pirate ship made me think of an idea I had meant to post a long time ago. Multi-level dojos! If you've played the fighting game DOA, you probably know what I'm talking about. For example, some fighting places are inside, like at the top of a building. In this upper floor, there are windows and if you get close enough, you can kick or throw your opponent out the window to the ground below. They said they were going to make more distructable environments, so maybe this is possible.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, what the following video (pay attention to when the girl knocks off the old guy down the stairs at the 44 second mark):
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=xC88ukQNbck&search=dead%20or%20alive%204[/MEDIA]

This would be cool because it would add a lot strategy to the levels, although I'm not sure if it would be possible.

ssbb_lover, I like the idea about the 3rd person camera that follows the character (I get what you mean). Definitly elaborate on that, but also what do you/everyone think about multi-level dojos?

*EDIT* Darn, I need to practice guitar, so I guess I'll have to hear about all these great ideas tomorrow.:(

they already have multi-level dojos (temple of time). but i know what youre talking about. that would be nice, but what if two characters fell off the stage and two others stayed on?

also, a good idea would be dojos that KO'ed a character. like the new Mortal Kombat. have spinning spike wheels that ground up a character. but that would probably be saved for a M rated SSB :p

motherbrainrulez said:
I want more Metroid levels!!!!!!!
Mother brain in the background with Ridley, Kraid, Phantoon, Draygon and Croconaut

I think they need Norfair and Tourian.

I think a Tourian level, with all the little rings zapping you would be pretty sweet, and maybe Mother Brain would send an eye wave everyonce in a while that damages everyone on screen.

NateTheGreat said:
ssbb_lover, I like the idea about the 3rd person camera that follows the character (I get what you mean). Definitly elaborate on that(
(Thank goodness someone's smart:p Not dissing anyone's smartness!)
Here's when I started thinking about it, when I saw this:
galleryimage_10823_f.jpg

See how behind snake there's a place where it looks like u could make a right turn?(Maybe it's a wall, but either way it just gave me the inspiration)Wut if u could play the lvl like normal(side-view)but on some parts of the courses there were these little entrances on the sides where u go into, and the camera would switch into a 3rd-person view like I was talking about earlier.

An easy to understand example would be this, for any of u who've played Counterstrike there's a lvl.(i'm sure there's more like this)w/ multiple turns, and a giant building in the middle of the terrain w/ ramps and straight hallways that branch off into other little sections where u can hide out and wait for ur oppenent to come by and then shoot him in the head.

U could enter one of these tunnels, or wutever is on the side of the lvl., the camera would switch over, and u could stalk through a counterstrike like enviroment. There could even be little elevators or hoverboards of some sort to get to a tunnel if it was on the other side of a lvl.

This is quite hard to understand I know, because it's very hard to say. Just tell me if u understand, especially u Nate.

....Lol, ur P1-P4 would be shining above ur head.:lol: That would be hilarious, ur friend's like u can't see me now can u? And his P2 is shining above his head and u kick his ass.:D

but it would be cool to see snake sneak up on some one blow them away and no the cloaking device does not make you invinicible because they have a invisble melee:p :p :D :cool:

Back