New Wii with DVD with player

MasterJedi2U said:
Well if thats the case then I refuse to believe the 2nd part of your post. If Nintendo did that then it would be a slap in the FACE to the 4 million people worldwide who bought their Wiis are the launch. Thats just plain wrong and for you to expect us to just accept that is ridiculous. I personally would be very pissed off at Nintendo if they did this. And if they did this the only way they would keep me as a customer would be for them to offer trade ins. As in those of us who have registered our Wiis can have them exchanged for the DVD capable ones. Thats ONLY fair.

Okay, you apparently weren't a big gamer in the days of Gamecube, but Nintendo already did this once. Behold, the Panasonic Q. Just like the current situation as it appears today, the Q was only released in Japan, and, naturally, did not sell all too well. Once again, I restate my previous argument about having a console for games and a DVD player for movies, and that being plenty, as has been proven the case in recent generations (i.e. very few people use a console as their primary DVD watching medium). If it really pisses you off that Nintendo MAY start selling a console that also plays DVDs, that's your thing, but I honestly can't understand how you don't have the money to buy a sub-$50 DVD player that has better features (as a DVD player) anyway instead of going through the hassle of trading up...

No you dont understand. I have a DVD player already. Its just going to piss me off that I already have the Wii and yet they're going to come out with a version that has a DVD player on it! I'm just saying that its an insult to all of us who bought it already. Especially if it comes out with HD tech. Thats just not fair. And I WAS a heavy gamer for the GC. I had so many games for that system. But I traded in all the ones I didn't need anymore save Smash Bros.

MasterJedi2U said:
No you dont understand. I have a DVD player already. Its just going to piss me off that I already have the Wii and yet they're going to come out with a version that has a DVD player on it! I'm just saying that its an insult to all of us who bought it already. Especially if it comes out with HD tech. Thats just not fair. And I WAS a heavy gamer for the GC. I had so many games for that system. But I traded in all the ones I didn't need anymore save Smash Bros.

This isn't new for consoles though. PS2 had like 5 different models while it was still in production. Oh, and regarding HD, you don't have to worry about that. Refer to my previous argument; it won't happen.

The Panasonic Q is different because it came about because of an agreement between Nintendo and the makers of the GCN disc. The Panasonic Q is really a third party product.

astrophysicist said:
Okay, you apparently weren't a big gamer in the days of Gamecube, but Nintendo already did this once. Behold, the Panasonic Q. Just like the current situation as it appears today, the Q was only released in Japan, and, naturally, did not sell all too well. Once again, I restate my previous argument about having a console for games and a DVD player for movies, and that being plenty, as has been proven the case in recent generations (i.e. very few people use a console as their primary DVD watching medium). If it really pisses you off that Nintendo MAY start selling a console that also plays DVDs, that's your thing, but I honestly can't understand how you don't have the money to buy a sub-$50 DVD player that has better features (as a DVD player) anyway instead of going through the hassle of trading up...

pizzaluvr said:
it depends on what ninty does, hopefully, they will just make an update, but they might be asses and release a new one

no way, i dont think nintendo would do anything like that, i think theyve learned their lesson from the NES days...

some people make it seem like a hugh betrayal by sayin "I cant belive Nintendo would do this to me!!!!". So wot?!?!?!?. In a few years there wont be DVDs anymore itll all be HD DVD or Blu Ray and then you's would all expect the wii to allow u to 'update' ur console to provide that. next ull be flippin askin them to release a wii with a free fri*kin 500" cinema screen! just enjoy the wii and watch dvds on ur dvd player, old xbox, old ps2, or pc!

thats not the point....
the thing is the "second wiii" if its true, is coming too soon from the previous... so thats y people are pissed off....
o for ex. i would have buy the dvd one if had the choice.... SPECIALLY if it has better graphics... but i already got my wii so...... let me back for playing more hahhahahha

You don't need to buy another Wii. You can just upload the codecs. It's up to Nintendo if they want it in.

if thats possible - i thought if it was some hackers or crackers would have been releasin stuff now...

sagema said:
You don't need to buy another Wii. You can just upload the codecs. It's up to Nintendo if they want it in.

No, pay attention. Ive already posted a link on the previous page to a quote of a nintendo representative confirming that 'dvd capability would take more than an update'.

I am not going to repeat myself again, so pay attention.

Borch712ers said:
No, pay attention. Ive already posted a link on the previous page to a quote of a nintendo representative confirming that 'dvd capability would take more than an update'.

I am not going to repeat myself again, so pay attention.

How do you take into account though the mod chips? While they are certainly more then a simple update they do not change the physical properties of the drive themself.

psyichic said:
How do you take into account though the mod chips? While they are certainly more then a simple update they do not change the physical properties of the drive themself.

They don't allow you to play DVDs. They allow you to play games that are burned to DVDs.

The DVD capability is no biggy.
What would have pissed me off is if I had bought a DS before the DS Lite came out (I have a Lite).
The Lite was released shortly after the original DS and
1. Has new LCD screen technology to offer four different brightness levels.
2. It's thinner by a third and weighs 20 percent less than the original.
3. Has new power features to include longer battery life and a quicker charge time.
I don't care if they improve the Wii right away. Just don't make it DRASTICALLY improved! :nonod:

Back