New Wii with DVD with player

Why did you bump this thread? Its been dead for a while now.

Well, sense you seem intent on keeping this thread alive...Why not post in it?

OKAY, LISTEN UP PEOPLE

1. YES, there will be a NEW wii released with dvd capabilities, probably the same time that the multi-color wiis are released.
2. NO!! Nintendo will not (idk about 'cannot') be adding dvd capability through a software upgrade (update). Only the NEW wiis will have dvd capability.

END OF STORY

Source: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...yback-wii.html

Borch712ers said:
Why did you bump this thread? Its been dead for a while now.

Well, sense you seem intent on keeping this thread alive...Why not post in it?

OKAY, LISTEN UP PEOPLE

1. YES, there will be a NEW wii released with dvd capabilities, probably the same time that the multi-color wiis are released.
2. NO!! Nintendo will not (idk about 'cannot') be adding dvd capability through a software upgrade (update). Only the NEW wiis will have dvd capability.

END OF STORY

Source: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...yback-wii.html
how do u know u don't even have a wii

lmfao, I dont understand what your trying to say. Does your wii give you all-knowing knowledge of nintendo's future plans, that us non-wii owners dont have? Having a Wii has nothing to do with it. Its all in the source I posted.

there are also talks of a usb dvd drive being released for the current wii's.

All they have to do is put a DVD channel on because all it say is "can't read disc"

awesome i so want one because my dvd player broke
chibi-sasuke.jpg

Ok its official that there wont be an update for DVD, there making the new Wii's with DVD players and they will be sold for a higher price then the original and they have only been announced for Japan so far.

Borch712ers said:
lmfao, I dont understand what your trying to say. Does your wii give you all-knowing knowledge of nintendo's future plans, that us non-wii owners dont have? Having a Wii has nothing to do with it. Its all in the source I posted.

You do realize that that link only takes you to the main forum index right?

hmmm...*checks link* your right.

posting it again: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...yback-wii.html

still doesnt work...anyway...this was the post:

"A Nintendo spokesperson has announced that the company plans to release a version of the console with DVD-Video playback capabilities in 2007.[38] This corroborates an earlier press release by digital media company Sonic Solutions, stating that Nintendo had chosen their CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator software engine to provide this functionality. Even though software will be used to enable DVD-Video functionality, it apparently "requires more than a firmware upgrade" and cannot therefore be implemented through the WiiConnect24 network."

Hopefully that finally ends the on-going dispute over this topic on these forums.

Lol it wont because I don't believe you. You linked this website for goodness sakes...and get real. You're not the final authority one what can be debated in these forums or on the decisions are "made" by Nintendo. If this turns out to be true its stupid and Nintendo better expect a lot of backlash. However I choose to believe that Nintendo would never do something so stupid and wrong.

all i'm worry about is able to play the wii in higher resolution 720 1080. i don't get the **** about the dvd.

Back