no competition

demon57

WiiChat Member
Jun 15, 2007
its fine to say nintendo arent competing in the graphics race with other consoles but that also means NOT MANY DECSENT GAMES !! when flicking thru all the game mags only a small percentage are wii very demoralising its looking like the cube all over again.

well you have to remember it hasnt even been 1 year since the wii came out, 3rd parties are done with their ports and are moving into original games
i think in 2008 you will see alot newer games for the wii considering most 3rd parties already now know how to make games on the wii and make them better

so just give it some time and the games will come

just wait for the BIG 3 then the game sells will fly drastically, and once all the games from 1st and 3rd party manufacturers start flowing out the wii will have alot of games.

We do need some better games, I don't care if most of them aren't gems...just better.

Last edited:
what are the big 3?? Mario galaxy metroid and SSBB??? is that it or am I wrong? I was always confused..

BTT there are lots of great games still to come out like the ones mentioned above and also Medal of honor heroes 2 with 32 man online multiplayer battalion wars manhunt..all good games that are coming out.

I keep telling you guys it takes time to make decent games for any console. I don't recall the PS1-3 having anything FF/MGS worthy at launch. The 360 took a full year to get decent titles too. Patience, or get another hobby to kill the gap of extreme boredom you must get every other second.

sagema said:
I keep telling you guys it takes time to make decent games for any console. I don't recall the PS1-3 having anything FF/MGS worthy at launch. The 360 took a full year to get decent titles too. Patience, or get another hobby to kill the gap of extreme boredom you must get every other second.
I completely agree with you. With time, more games will be released as more developers get used to the Wii's motion sensing controls and build games from the ground up based around these functions.

Yeah, they're on their way now. Gamecube and VC games have kept me occupied for many months now with only buying three Wii games (unless you count The Bigs...didn't like), but now in the next 2 1/2 months there are three must have games on my list and pretty soon there will be so many that very few of us will be able to buy them all. It has been a long wait, but this is how it works after launch. What is it one year on November 19th? And Galaxy is scheduled to be released only a week before that.

Last edited:
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Battalion Wars 2
Manhunt 2 (only get if you're seriously into gore and violence)

There are plenty of good games coming for the Wii. You can't expect AA titles the first year of a consoles life (which the Wii is receiving three of by the way)

just remeber how slow the ds started off untill developers started to relise what they could do with the ds and look at how well its doing now and the choice off games is hudge

Back