Official EV Training Thread.

That sounds reasonable. It's Speed isn't that fastest, but it still has a decent Speed. So you might want to take less off of the Attack and add more onto the Speed.

klanham08 said:
That sounds reasonable. It's Speed isn't that fastest, but it still has a decent Speed. So you might want to take less off of the Attack and add more onto the Speed.
actuall the best way to use a dragonite is to EV train it in atk and sp def. you EV its sp def so it can survivre an ice beam/

does anyone know a good EV spread for a modest togekiss?

Last edited:
You guys shouldn't just pull out random numbers to EV train in. After you've bred a pokemon you EV it appropriately. Like you don't just give 100 EVs in speed because you feel like it, give it enough EVs to ensure that you will outspeed certain pokemon. Give an HP that is divisible by 16 if you're using leftovers. Make sure you have enough Atk/SAtk to OHKO/2HKO something that's important. Like Azelf needs 260 Attack to ensure its Explosion will faint Blissey, so find your IVs and then apply as many EVs to get 260 attack. A lot of you are missing the point here.

hmm i was wondering if this is a good combo
my arcanine has a lonely and it boosts atk if im correct and i hav ev trained it in atk a little its atk at lv 100 is 322

its only lv 37 now

I have a question... What if (insert pokemon here) battled and got 9 Effort Points to Sp. Attack. When it levels up it will have +2 with it... However... since it takes 4 to go up 1 which would make +2 be 8... what happens to the 9th point... does it roll-over for the next time, or is it just wasted?

4 EVs add one at level 100, not just any level. So if you train 252 in a stat, it won't go up 63 next level. Unless you were to level up a pokemon from 9 EVs at a lower level, and then rare candy or day care them to level 100, that would be wasting 1 EV.

i just hatched an aerodactyl, its speed was seven, when i went to an IV battle... its iv in speed was 30
is that good?
at lvl 100, its speed was 295

Last edited:
Ayo said:
what natire is it? and 30 is good but 31 is better :lol:
oh waah T.T
its nature is hardy... not perfect...

i also have a brave eevee
29 iv in attk, 31 in def, 23 in sp. attk

The effort points aren't added until it hits LV100?

Also, does anyone have a link that shows all natures and what stats it helps and hinders?

EVs are added earlier, but take a lesser effect. For instance if a pokemon is at level 50 it's stats are basically half of it's stats at level 100. Therefore it's EVs will only have half as much effect. So when you get even lower the gap is smaller. It's not exactly half at level 50, but its the basic theory.

Back