p$3 in the UK

Squall7 said:
I don't think it's the fact that he didn't understand it, I think it's more of a case of the scale at which it is displayed.

Considering some were crying out for "the best launch ever", this is one hell of a downer...

Dont be so down Squall7. Here's something that should cheer up. Super Paper Mario will be released next week :)

kidtmnt said:
Dont be so down Squall7. Here's something that should cheer up. Super Paper Mario will be released next week :)
Err, not really what I meant, but I am looking forward to Paper Mario. Though haven't found a reasonably price copy of the Gamecube Paper Mario.

Squall7 said:
Considering some were crying out for "the best launch ever", this is one hell of a downer...

But once the launch is over, did they expect the sales to stay the same? Im not sure thats precisely the case. It did have a strong launch, PS3 is beating the xbox360 in terms of initial early month sales.

I think the only system that has the same demand as its launch is the Wii, but then thats also a combination of price and the fact that many buy the system just to resell it for twice the price. Check out ebay and you will see people have wiis in the bulkloads, one person buys maybe 4-10 wiis in one outing, then sells them all over north america to stupid people who are buy them for a lot more.

What would be funny, is if we found out that the wii is being bought by terrorist because the systems include a chip they can use for bombs or missles. I believe that happened with one of the other consoles in the past where Iran.. iraq.. cant remember, was buying a ton of video game consoles because one of the chips could be used for their missles. Funny stuff.

Shiftfallout said:
But once the launch is over, did they expect the sales to stay the same? Im not sure thats precisely the case. It did have a strong launch, PS3 is beating the xbox360 in terms of initial early month sales.

I think the only system that has the same demand as its launch is the Wii, but then thats also a combination of price and the fact that many buy the system just to resell it for twice the price. Check out ebay and you will see people have wiis in the bulkloads, one person buys maybe 4-10 wiis in one outing, then sells them all over north america to stupid people who are buy them for a lot more.

What would be funny, is if we found out that the wii is being bought by terrorist because the systems include a chip they can use for bombs or missles. I believe that happened with one of the other consoles in the past where Iran.. iraq.. cant remember, was buying a ton of video game consoles because one of the chips could be used for their missles. Funny stuff.
i like wii mmmmmmmm wii

Shiftfallout said:
However, the relevancy of this is questionable, considering no consoles will outsell their initial shipment (you cannot "sell" more 360's than you can produce). As I understand it, the 360 did sell out, as did the Wii. All this would mean is that there is a higher demand for 360's and Wii's and therefore the "best launch" isn't really something to brag about...

Err, the demand has been reduced greatly. Likewise, the PS3's done the same thing - only this showed through more consoles being sold than software for them. If the people buying Wii's at higher than retail price are stupid (which to be fair, it is insanely popular atm, and they're not as pricey as they were), then so will the people who bought PS3 on ebay too.

Not sure whether funny is the right word here... Maybe Ironic or something, but it would be more ironic if it happened to the 360, considering it is often criticised for being full with FPS and war games...

I'm laughing at all the accusations of "fanboyism". What a term. Anyways I'm not surprised because I expected all the hardcore sony fanboys with a hardon for the latest graphics to buy the p$3 and they did. Now that they have their overpriced machine sales have rapidly fallen as opposed to the 360 and Wii which continue to post high sales.

OH and your analogy to movie openings is not really relevant. A really successful movie continues to post HIGH numbers at the box office. Movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man, Star Wars, The Departed, 300 etc. Those are HITS because they continually stay #1 and they DO NOT drop after 1 weekend. So keep telling yourself that the p$3 didn't do anything out of the ordinary...I just posted the news and said I was surprised. Don't get all crazy because its bad news.

"Anyways I'm not surprised because I expected all the hardcore sony fanboys with a hardon for the latest graphics to buy the p$3 and they did. Now that they have their overpriced machine sales have rapidly fallen as opposed to the 360 and Wii which continue to post high sales."

Fanboyism all the way.

MasterJedi2U said:
OH and your analogy to movie openings is not really relevant. A really successful movie continues to post HIGH numbers at the box office. Movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man, Star Wars, The Departed, 300 etc. Those are HITS because they continually stay #1 and they DO NOT drop after 1 weekend. So keep telling yourself that the p$3 didn't do anything out of the ordinary...I just posted the news and said I was surprised. Don't get all crazy because its bad news.

Im not gonna call you a name.. im going to state the obvious though. You are either an idiot by chance or by your own choosing.

Whos talking about successful movies? Thats not my analogy. lol

Opening weekend, or a weekend at the box office will often sky rocket. You cant compare an opening weekend to the general ticket sales that follow. Even Rob Schneider movies can have large numbers for an opening weekend, and then drop to a normal pace there after.

By the way, when BIG STAN, (schniders new upcoming movie) comes out, i recommend not spending money on it. It wasnt funny at all, but it probably will do well.

Anyways back to the biased one... wanna be jedi, the opening launch for the ps3 was composed of 80-90% preorders. Are you saying its abnormal for those preorders to dissapear after launch? The sales didnt drop as much as people just ended up getting their pre-orders all at once.

Thus my analogy is summed up in that you have to seperate a launch week or weekend from the post launch week or weekends.

Gee if you could type i figured you could use reading comprehension too. Guess i figured wrong.

Anyhoo, it could be attributed also to the possibility that the PS3, being expensive as it is, is something people would likely need to plan to buy in advance. As such these advance planners purchased their console in the first week and the drop in sales, if it is higher than expected, may be because it's not the kind of console one would normally buy on a whim, due to the high price.

kidtmnt: I'm proud to be a fanboy and that statement is just my opinion. Flame me if you want to and cry about my stance if you like but its not going to change it and its not going to change what I'm going to say.

Shift: Lol...you're unbelievable. You'd probably argue with God just for the sake of arguing. The facts don't lie. The article doesn't lie. And when I read it I honestly wasn't surprised...can you get past that or are you determined to keep b*tching about my one comment? You talked about MOVIES. And I mentioned successful movies....:shocked: ! They're both movies. I just mentioned a special class of them. Are you saying the p$3 is not a sucessful console in general and therefore shouldn't be expected to perform like one on the market? I'm sure you have some clever way to explain that but I'm just gonna cut you off and tell you that IMO you're wrong. Supposedly the p$3 did marvelous in Britain. If its the best console it should have continued to do well (at least by logic since the XBox 360 and Wii did the exact thing and continue to do very well). However it immediately dropped a huge percentage in terms of sales. Therefore it didn't continue build on its initial sucess and that screams to me that something is wrong.

And as for my username whats your problem with it? I'm a fan of Star Wars...so what? It doesn't mean I'm training to be a Jedi or that I think I'm a Jedi Master. However I do think the whole universe is cool and I thought it would be a sweet username. Do you have something against the movies? Were you deprived of what some people consider to be the greatest movie series of all time? I mean whats the point of saying, "wanna be jedi". Why must you always insult peope in general? I refuse to get down to your level since there's no point in arguing with a person (maybe a 15 yr old) who's obsessed with the p$3 so over the internet. Cry about the link all you want and argue about what it means but it still won't change what the general public thinks.

Last edited:
NOPE....deal with it. When you stop being an ass maybe I will. Until then keep whining...:mad2:

kidtmnt said:
MasterJedi2U, please leave fanboyisms at the door.

He already let the world know that the mods are not needed and that rules are ok to be broken by him. He doesnt relise the irony of his posts, that often he is talking about himself.

MasterJedi2U said:
As for the mods and the rules of this forum they're broken by both wii fanboys and sony fanboys on a constant basis. Besides that there are numerous posts that either complete spam or bullshit fake news and yet the mods never seem to clamp down on those right away so until they start doing a decent job at "moderating" I'll continue to express my opinions the way I see fit. Now I'm done arguing with your old and bitter self.

What do you expect from a
aug201020crying20childaw6.jpg

Yeah nice way to completely put words in my mouth. I follow the rules of this forum and I haven't been banned at all so obviously you're just trying to bait me. The mods know that I respect all the TRUE members of this forum who aren't here to cause a bunch of arguments like you are. Yes I am a supporter/fanboy of Nintendo. Deal with it. You're a sony supporter. I get that and I deal with it.

P.S. Are you really that immature that you can't even address what I said to you in that last post? Even the last 3rd. Its sad that people like you exist.

Back