Pokemon Platinum

I seem to have had a bit of Fox's luck... I'm still in Oreburgh City with about 3:30 for time, haven't beaten the gym leader yet. I was looking for a Psyduck to help with that. The first one I caught was Careful (+Sp. Def/-Sp. Atk) which sucks because obviously Psyduck needs Sp. Atk, so I kept looking. The next ones I caught were Impish(+Def/-Sp. Atk), Jolly(+Spd/-Sp. Atk) (It was just getting funny at this point), Lax, Lax, Gentle, Rash, Gentle (WTF), and finally Timid. So I guess I kinda lucked out at the end, but I took about 2 1/2 hours doing that.

Lol, CK, you're off to an insurmountable lead already I see. The wi-fi plaza sounds interesting, despite the mentioned limitations.

Wow, you guys are having an awful hard time catching the right pokes early on... But I mean come on, I beat Roark with a freakin' Scyther. 4x weak to rock?! It's not that hard to smash Roark with your starter. Monferno has Mach Punch and is nuetral to rock, Prinplup has peck to damage the second gym, and by the 3rd gym you should of raised your team good enough to simply win.

as i type, i am facing Fantina(gym3) for the badge. Grotle with bite ftw!...

...hopefully

Well Im hanging out in Eternia forrest with a real cutie, green hair....

Er, self insertion moment...

Yea, I'm far behind, but I also do not yet have a realy over powered teammate to work with...yet...
Also doing alot of house work...I've become the maid and chef with family down post surgery...
I need a few heroes to add in my mix..

I seem to have had a bit of Fox's luck... I'm still in Oreburgh City with about 3:30 for time, haven't beaten the gym leader yet. I was looking for a Psyduck to help with that. The first one I caught was Careful (+Sp. Def/-Sp. Atk) which sucks because obviously Psyduck needs Sp. Atk, so I kept looking. The next ones I caught were Impish(+Def/-Sp. Atk), Jolly(+Spd/-Sp. Atk) (It was just getting funny at this point), Lax, Lax, Gentle, Rash, Gentle (WTF), and finally Timid. So I guess I kinda lucked out at the end, but I took about 2 1/2 hours doing that.

Lol, CK, you're off to an insurmountable lead already I see. The wi-fi plaza sounds interesting, despite the mentioned limitations.

The Attack and Sp. Attack gap between Psyduck/Golduck isn't that far apart. 82/95, and since it's in game, it hardly matters. It's not like it has flawless IVs, in which case than it would matter. But a Careful Psyduck isn't necessarily bad. I'm using a Careful Kabuto for my ingame challenge and itz teh pwnzrerzrar.

Anyways, I, unfortunately have not gotten Platinum (yet). Few issues lies in that, I'm kind of trying to grow out of the phase in my life where I stop playing video games. I've been trying to work out more, study (lolz, not really, I procrastinate like mad still), etc. But that's not really what's stopping from getting the game. It just so happens that whoever runs any gaming store/retail store, they just HAVE to let the really hawt girls work the cash register. It's too awkward for me to walk in, and ask to get me the Pokemon game looking like an old fart. Thus, I intend on using my little brother to get it hopefully this weekend.

Yeh, call me pitiful, but it's a solid plan. :prrr:

just beat Fantina(actually it was 15 minutes ago >_>º)

anyways rival was actually hard so before i go fight the next gym, i'm training up.

The Attack and Sp. Attack gap between Psyduck/Golduck isn't that far apart. 82/95, and since it's in game, it hardly matters. It's not like it has flawless IVs, in which case than it would matter. But a Careful Psyduck isn't necessarily bad. I'm using a Careful Kabuto for my ingame challenge and itz teh pwnzrerzrar.

That's true, but Psyduck doesn't learn any physical water moves. I am lacking in the water dept.
Edit: I was wrong, Golduck can apparently learn Aqua Jet in Platinum. But that still won't help me now. :p

Anyways, I, unfortunately have not gotten Platinum (yet). Few issues lies in that, I'm kind of trying to grow out of the phase in my life where I stop playing video games. I've been trying to work out more, study (lolz, not really, I procrastinate like mad still), etc. But that's not really what's stopping from getting the game. It just so happens that whoever runs any gaming store/retail store, they just HAVE to let the really hawt girls work the cash register. It's too awkward for me to walk in, and ask to get me the Pokemon game looking like an old fart. Thus, I intend on using my little brother to get it hopefully this weekend.

Yeh, call me pitiful, but it's a solid plan. :prrr:

I lol'd, only because I've been in the same situation. There was one eyeing me like "oh gawd what a nerd" the whole time I was getting Shaymin. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, CK, do you still have your regi?

It just so happens that whoever runs any gaming store/retail store, they just HAVE to let the really hawt girls work the cash register.

That is why I went, early on sunday morning of release, I knew the guy working and it was more like this...in conversation.

"Plat Preorder, plus trade ins"
"Need the guide? its &^#(in huge"
"Nope."
"Slide Card"
"Man the giratina chachski is tiney"
"yea, kinda dissapointed by that. Enjoy man"

Last edited:
That's true, but Psyduck doesn't learn any physical water moves. I am lacking in the water dept.
Edit: I was wrong, Golduck can apparently learn Aqua Jet in Platinum. But that still won't help me now. :p
Hms/Tms?

-Rock Smash
-Waterfall
-Zen Headbutt/Dig/Return/Rock Climb/Strength/Brick Break/Secret Power/Ariel Ace

Anyways, going in the morning would've been impossible for me. Church. Ahhh no use crying of spilled milk.

Hms/Tms?

-Rock Smash
-Waterfall

Yes, I forgot about Waterfall too, but I'm only just past the first gym leader and obviously don't have the Waterfall HM. Careful might have been okay later but I needed a solution for right now.

In other news, my timid Psyduck mopped the floor with Roark, and I only raised it to Lv 9 (for Water Gun). Now I'm off to Floaroma Town.

lol, you guys and your shame. Just go in and buy the damn game.
I'm a 20 year old rocker with long hair, chains and leather. Think they laughed at me?

lol, you guys and your shame. Just go in and buy the damn game.
I'm a 20 year old rocker with long hair, chains and leather. Think they laughed at me?

Word. I don't mean to sound like a douche, but I had some people eyeing me at every single event, the same for buying Platinum, didn't phaze me. If they think it's weird, f*ck them, it's not their business what I choose to do. Unless you're trying to keep it "secret" from someone you know (... which isn't cool either IMO), grow a pair and just get the game, yeah? It's not like the entire world is going to start laughing at you. If they do get shits and giggles out of it, they're just uninformed jackasses that don't understand the complexity of the game.

Well, CK, do you still have your regi?

Ofcourse. It won't be any use to you until you beat the E4 though, I assume you can't get them until your sinnoh dex is full - I tried to recently but to no avail, still gotta catch scrotom and the lake trio. Oh... and I've finally seen Skymin with my own eyes, wewt. Too bad it doesn't have some badass cutscene where it changes forme... eh...

Also, beat Platinum yesterday in the morning. T'was too tired to post about it, though.

I need a Regi. Got time CK? I'll be in wifi.
(Also, put your plat code in your sig and add mine.)
(Check out what I caught the fodder with)

Last edited:
Back